Proposal: TJ Brodie for Eberle or Toffoli

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Two teams that could use another top 4 defenseman for a right shot right winger that could be a great fit for the flames. Toffoli and Eberle are around the same age as Brodie and can put up 20 goals and 50 points. Would this work as a 1 for 1 deal?

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
From a Flames fan, I would for sure do Toffoli for Brodie. Jeff Carter would be better though.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Not really interested in Eberle. Seems to soft. Also seems like the kind of player who won't have much use once he loses a step, which now that he's 28 could be anytime.

Toffoli I like though.

Kale Hulls

May 15, 2013
I think Toffoli would look good with Gaudreau, don't really think the Kings need defense though.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
The Toffoi deal is not a bad deal. I just think we should consider trading Dougie for a bigger piece up front.

Hope TJ can refind his game beside Gio and then we would be scary. When Brodie is on his game, he is better than Hamilton.

If we add a good winger then Frolik and our young guys (Dube, Foo, Mangiapane, Janko and Bennnett) could really give us some guys that can actually chip in the odd goal in our bottom 6.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Not really interested in Eberle. Seems to soft. Also seems like the kind of player who won't have much use once he loses a step, which now that he's 28 could be anytime.

Toffoli I like though.
Eberle wasn't the most well received when he came to the Island but we love him now, I don't know if soft is the word to describe him. He's no Lucic but I don't think he's shy physically if that's what you're thinking. He engages and goes to the dirty areas, not like Lee or Simmonds but wouldn't have 60 points on a second line if he wasn't willing to earn it.

I'm not sure when he will lose his step either because he's smart and has incredible hands. I hope the Isles sign him to 5-6 years at the same price.

I would do this deal however. Same with Lee, Isles have offense and need defense. Asset wise for us it makes sense. Don't want to lose Eberle however, nor Lee.

I don't think it's a bad deal for the Flames, from that same angle they could afford to move a D for a RW, needs wise.

Reactions: Vali Maki Sushi

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
La doesn't really need a defense man We are the team that gave up the least amount of goal in the nhl. We need more goal scoring and you want one of our best ones Yeah this makes a lot of sense........ NOT

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Eberle wasn't the most well received when he came to the Island but we love him now, I don't know if soft is the word to describe him. He's no Lucic but I don't think he's shy physically if that's what you're thinking. He engages and goes to the dirty areas, not like Lee or Simmonds but wouldn't have 60 points on a second line if he wasn't willing to earn it.

I'm not sure when he will lose his step either because he's smart and has incredible hands. I hope the Isles sign him to 5-6 years at the same price.

I would do this deal however. Same with Lee, Isles have offense and need defense. Asset wise for us it makes sense. Don't want to lose Eberle however, nor Lee.

I don't think it's a bad deal for the Flames, from that same angle they could afford to move a D for a RW, needs wise.

He provided a much better defensive effort then expected. His numbers were in line with usual production.

With his chemistry with Barzal,I would be ok if he signed an extension at his current salary.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
Yeah, LA don't really need Dmen at the moment, we are light on scoring. If the flames are after Toffoli i'd ask for Bennet + back. Whether that works for the flames is another matter though.

Reactions: KingCanadain1976

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad