Tip-A-King 2013-2014 Question

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
So how does this work anyway? It's possible I might be in LA around this time.

onlyalad

The bounce
Jan 13, 2008
You pay 85.00 to get in the door and then you pay 5-10 per autograph/event/photo with a player. Then you wait in line to get autograph. Also there is stuff you can buy or bid on. All the money goes to charity.

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
You pay 85.00 to get in the door and then you pay 5-10 per autograph/event/photo with a player. Then you wait in line to get autograph. Also there is stuff you can buy or bid on. All the money goes to charity.

Do you think it's worth it? Like, are you gonna end up waiting in line the whole time for one person's autograph?

JonTheFish

Dec 11, 2013
Southern California

The year I went, I purchased a ticket to get in and then I bought tip-a-king dollars (like monopoly money) to tip the players with. I think it was $1 for every 3 tip-a-king dollars or something like that. The tip gets you autographs/pictures or you get to do something with the players. For example, I put on roller hockey gear and played goalie against Jack Johnson, played air hockey against Penner, and my fiance got to jump in a photobooth and take photos with Stoll (which may have been the highlight of her life so far hahaha).

I did end up spending a good chunk of money for two of us to go, but it all went to charity and we both had a great time. Not to mention, I got a bunch of Kings merch autographed including my gold/purple Robitaille jersey.

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
Do you think it's worth it? Like, are you gonna end up waiting in line the whole time for one person's autograph?

The one year I went the lines were long but you could get through them and get everyone you wanted. They also have other things you can spend money on. Silent auction, raffles, ect. I know my wife and I spent close to $1000 that year not including the tickets. But as has been said it was for a good cause.

onlyalad

The bounce
Jan 13, 2008
If you wait in line you should be able to get most of the players. They sometimes have several players per line. Last time i skipped the lines and bought grab bags $ 40 got a pair of lower bowl tickets 200s in one and another got a Luc puck and 50.00 team la gift card

JonTheFish

Dec 11, 2013
Southern California
The one year I went the lines were long but you could get through them and get everyone you wanted. They also have other things you can spend money on. Silent auction, raffles, ect. I know my wife and I spent close to $1000 that year not including the tickets. But as has been said it was for a good cause.

Oh man, that's a lot. I think I only spent $350-400 for two of us including the $100 tickets to get in.

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
Well, we will see what happens. I'd like to go if I get the chance.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
It is a fun event and have been a number of times and have been able to get to all the players each time I have gone. This is the one event that turns out great each year well worth the $$$

Docgonzo

Triple Crown Line
Jan 9, 2010
Chino, Ca
Been to 4 of them and I think they are always worth it. Lines never seem to be that long, every time I've gone I've got the whole team's autograph

christhn

May 25, 2012
For those that always get almost or everyone they wanted, did you do regular admission or VIP? I've been trying to get a 10 or 20 person VIP group going, but if I can still get everything for general admission, I may as well do that...

onlyalad

The bounce
Jan 13, 2008
For those that always get almost or everyone they wanted, did you do regular admission or VIP? I've been trying to get a 10 or 20 person VIP group going, but if I can still get everything for general admission, I may as well do that...

You can do a VIP of one person. It will let you cut some lines and get in early and maybe some other perks( Luc may say hello)
If you dont go VIP you can still get everyone, it just takes a little more work

christhn

May 25, 2012
The year I went, I purchased a ticket to get in and then I bought tip-a-king dollars (like monopoly money) to tip the players with. I think it was $1 for every 3 tip-a-king dollars or something like that. The tip gets you autographs/pictures or you get to do something with the players. For example, I put on roller hockey gear and played goalie against Jack Johnson, played air hockey against Penner, and my fiance got to jump in a photobooth and take photos with Stoll (which may have been the highlight of her life so far hahaha).

I did end up spending a good chunk of money for two of us to go, but it all went to charity and we both had a great time. Not to mention, I got a bunch of Kings merch autographed including my gold/purple Robitaille jersey.

Thanks for the responses guys. Is Luc available at this event for pictures and signings?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad