Prospect Info: Timothy Liljegren - AHL Edition

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Yep, needs to get stronger and round out his D, both things any player can improve. You cannot teach his offensive talent though. Still very thrilled we got this pick. My best friend is an Oilers fan and we always watch the draft together. I've guessed our first rounder correctly every year for the past 5 except for the Gauthier pick (wanted Hanifin but knew we would take Marner if Strome did not fall, glad to be wrong on that one). I said we were getting Timmy out of delusional faith though, did not really believe he would still be there.

My buddy was like "How could you have guessed that pick?" and I had to admit it was just wishful thinking.

might i suggest, karmic payback??? this franchise, this fan base was long long long over due for a omfg moment, we got it with the earning last and the lotto win and IMO 1 with little grin dropping

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Interesting that their were six defensemen picked in a row. 13 to 18. Liljedren was # 17. With the apparent value of RHD, I thought he would he have been picked before some of the other LHD. Watching the draft, there certainly was drama watching the Leafs pick for apparently the guy they wanted.
Excellent chance that Lijedren will play in the World Juniors and maybe even in the Olympics.

tell ya what, when coach babs states, he has "elite, elite, elite skills" thats wayyyyyyyy more then enough for me , we can coach/develope the rest

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
anyone know what his family status is, I know he is close to him Mother, but does he have siblings, is his father around. I'm just wondering if his mother will be coming to T.O, I would assume, since they seem to be extremely close. just don't know how likely it is if he has a large family

one thing to know as fact, we won't have any issues paying the freight and accommodating their needs

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
might i suggest, karmic payback??? this franchise, this fan base was long long long over due for a omfg moment, we got it with the earning last and the lotto win and IMO 1 with little grin dropping

I think your close. My theory is God gave up on the Habs and came home.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
I wonder what stopped all those other teams from picking him?
Hmmmm?

hqdefault.jpg

ok, now thats pretty good

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Saw that Timmeh made his AHL debut earlier today. Any word on how he did (and who he was paired with)? No points but 2 shots and +1 according to the boxscore.

Borschevsky

Aug 9, 2005
Saw that Timmeh made his AHL debut earlier today. Any word on how he did (and who he was paired with)? No points but 2 shots and +1 according to the boxscore.
I was at the game. I didn't think he looked good at all. But it's first game so I'm not concluding anything from it.

Looked like his minutes were being limited as the game went on. He must have fallen down about three times in the first period alone. He couldn't complete his passes. Felt like the comets got a chance every time he was on the ice. He struggled when he had some pressure on him.

Last edited:

Keep Sorokin Me Babe

Hit em with the four like
Jun 18, 2016

I really liked him when he was quarterbacking the PP. Didn't stand out in even strength, had limited minutes in his first game. The game in general was a pretty clumsy one, not a lot of structure.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Ass goal, nothing to see.
Geez, can't a guy enjoy his first professional goal. :huh:
In general, I think we need to be really patient with his progress. For myself, I'm not really going to scrutinize closely until the second half of the season, fully expect a lot of ups and downs.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
I can’t wait for him to take Carrick’s spot in the top 6 and when Hainsey’s contract expires a spot in the top 4.

I love that I get to watch him playing on the Marlies, instead of getting clips of him in Sweden and wondering why the coach maybe benched him or gave him 8 minutes a night.

Also, I’m pretty sure he’s already got a spot on the Swedish WJC team, as the Swedish coach at the Hlinka was raving about him. Along with Brannstrom, Boqvist and Dahlin, that team is gonna be scary good with a stacked offensive D-line

Silver91

Agent 0091
May 27, 2007
Unknown
So has it been decided that he's staying with the Marlies?
Fairly certain that was decided when he was assigned to the Marlies. I believe that's why they didn't make a decision right away on him, so that they could make a final decision and stick with it. Also, him changing his number would also be a sign that he's not planning on going to Sweden as well.

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
If players aren't in the NHL, teams always let them go to WJC if they're invited. Keeps a good relationship going.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
The guy basically missed a year of development. Wouldnt be surprised if he takes a while to work out the kinks in his game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad