Prospect Info: Timothy Liljegren - AHL Edition

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
I can see the sweedes borgman - lilly possibly being a pair in the future to be honest. Unless they put him with Dermott instead.

For next season/possibly 2 years

Reilly - hainsey/possible upgrade
Dermott - zaitsev
Borgman - lilly
Carrick

I see gardiner as the odd man out as he will be on the final year of his contract and will be looking for a decent raise.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I would expect Liljegren to get yo-yo'ed a little bit like Jake Gardiner was before finally making the Leafs on a full time basis.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
I was responding to someone who said Lily could play on the Leafs 3rd pairing already and do well. Here is my unbiased opinion on how the Swedes d'men ranked from the tourney.

1. Dahlin
  2. Brännström
  3. Sellgren
  4. Liljegren /Moverare
Here comes the trolls ....

disagree.

Dahlin
Brannstrom/Liljegren (both had strong games and not so good games)
Sellgren/Moverare

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Dahlin and Brännström were clearly #1,2 ... I think Sellgren was impressive an had the better overall tourney than Lily. If Lily was deployed as a PK'er, I could see putting him 3rd. This is my opinion from watching all the swedish games.

Brannstrom faded IMHO. Liljegren definitely was playing it a bit safe, but his skill was evident.
I doubt many agree with your opinion, leafs fans or not

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Brannstrom faded IMHO. Liljegren definitely was playing it a bit safe, but his skill was evident.
I doubt many agree with your opinion, leafs fans or not

ok well, hopefully Lily is on the Leafs blue line in a couple years.

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
I can see the sweedes borgman - lilly possibly being a pair in the future to be honest. Unless they put him with Dermott instead.

For next season/possibly 2 years

Reilly - hainsey/possible upgrade
Dermott - zaitsev
Borgman - lilly
Carrick

I see gardiner as the odd man out as he will be on the final year of his contract and will be looking for a decent raise.
gards is gone just for the fact he ll want a raise

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Sellgren ahead of Lilly is just wrong.

Stats from the final 2 games of the two, they are pretty close, coach seemed to have liked them.

swedes -vs- usa
  • 22:17 TOI ~ shifts 36 avg 0:37
  • 19:58 TOI ~ shifts 32 avg 0:37 Moverare
  • 17:17 TOI ~ shifts 25 avg 0:41

swedes -vs- canada
  • 22:20 TOI ~ shifts 32 avg 0:41
  • 19:27 TOI ~ shifts 27 avg 0:43
  • 16:36 TOI ~ shifts 27 avg 0:36 Moverare

Last edited:

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Stats from the final 2 games of the two, they are pretty close, coach seemed to have liked them.

swedes -vs- usa
  • 22:17 TOI ~ shifts 36 avg 0:37
  • 19:58 TOI ~ shifts 32 avg 0:37 Moverare
  • 17:17 TOI ~ shifts 25 avg 0:41

swedes -vs- canada
  • 22:20 TOI ~ shifts 32 avg 0:41
  • 19:27 TOI ~ shifts 27 avg 0:43
  • 16:36 TOI ~ shifts 27 avg 0:36 Moverare
Leo Komarov often has a higher TOI than Matthews and Marner. TOI tells only part of the story. It’s obvious you are playing devils advocate or just plain trolling.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Ranked #13 on Corey Pronman's midseason top 50 NHL prospects list. 3rd Highest D ranked, behind Heiskenan at #3 and Makar #12.
Good to see, since his summer rankings he has passed Juolevi, Brannstrom, Bean, and Myers. Others graduated by his standards (Sergachev, Chabot, Girard, and McAvoy). Pretty big jump for Liljegren, he was 43 in the summer, by my count a bunch have graduated (Defenders listed plus Hischier, Barzal, Patrick, Dubois, Keller, Jost, Boeser, Sprong, White, Connor, Fischer and Vrana). So he jumped roughly 14 spots with the subtractions.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

TeddyBare

Jul 28, 2016
Mississauga, Ontario
Ranked #13 on Corey Pronman's midseason top 50 NHL prospects list. 3rd Highest D ranked, behind Heiskenan at #3 and Makar #12.

Necas and Borgstrom in the top 5.
:laugh:
Also Pronman's favorite prospect in History Dylan Strome is still in the top 10.

Pronman's articles have become more shock value than analysis.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Also Pronman's favorite prospect in History Dylan Strome is still in the top 10.

I can see why a Canucks fan would hate this list.

I wouldn't call it shock value, a different value system maybe. Its not like he publically puts out his list and hopes people are shocked by it. I mean, most of the things people have issues with are further down in the list and aren't even in the headlines.

Either way, soon we will get Button's list and The Hockey News's future watch, which will provide a different opinion.

Reactions: Menzinger

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
Good to see, since his summer rankings he has passed Juolevi, Brannstrom, Bean, and Myers. Others graduated by his standards (Sergachev, Chabot, Girard, and McAvoy). Pretty big jump for Liljegren, he was 43 in the summer, by my count a bunch have graduated (Defenders listed plus Hischier, Barzal, Patrick, Dubois, Keller, Jost, Boeser, Sprong, White, Connor, Fischer and Vrana). So he jumped roughly 14 spots with the subtractions.

Liljegren's rise up his rankings is good to see. Pronman by no means is a Liljegren fan boy, so it is at least his unbiased opinion of where he ranks which is good.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Liljegren's rise up his rankings is good to see. Pronman by no means is a Liljegren fan boy, so it is at least his unbiased opinion of where he ranks which is good.
I think if you were doing an "expected top 50" list for January 2018 from the perspective of September 2016, no one would be at all surprised that Liljegren was that high and probably quite a few would have expected him to be higher, so given that he's done a lot to show that his draft season flop was mostly the mono I'm not surprised that he's restoring his value and seems like a lot of HF wants to not give him that credit

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph

I don't know. He usually has a couple outliers and puts a lot of value on skill, but I certainly don't see where you get "shock value" from.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton

Strome is hard to disqualify as having a very high ceiling at this point, his junior and AHL numbers have him in pretty elite company. He's scoring at a little higher clip than Spezza did in his first full AHL year and is a year younger (Spezza was only there because of the lockout). I wouldn't let 18 games on a really bad NHL team be the litmus test at this point for him

agree that it's a bit of a weird list though

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
I would expect Liljegren to get yo-yo'ed a little bit like Jake Gardiner was before finally making the Leafs on a full time basis.

When was Gardiner yo-yo'ed? The only time he spent with the Marlies was when his rookie season ended with the Leafs, then during the lockout.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Lilly looks a bit like Christopher Lambert from the "Highlander" movies...watch out for him, "there can be only one..."! :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad