Prospect Info: Timothy Liljegren - AHL Edition

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
He was recovering from mono for much of the season, which lead to inconsistent play and league rotation

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
hes been fine ,it took jake gardiner 3 years ,it ll take him that long at least ,but hes talented

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
its all about the defense and decision making in the defensive zone, cause hes got nhl speed and offensive skill already

Reactions: The Cobra

Shayne Corsi

Oct 17, 2017
Wow Pronman seems bullish on him. I think I'll conveniently ignore all of the times I think Pronman is way off base and just assume he's correct in this case :)

Reactions: Sundinisagod

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Pronman has a certain type of player he likes - pure skill guys.

I remember plenty of folks came at him for saying Nylander was at one point the best prospect not in the NHL, yet his praise seems totally justified there in retrospect

Reactions: Johnny Steps

White Shadow

Jan 7, 2016
It is not up to the team but the player who has the right to choose. He will be going unless he is with the Leafs as then they have the right to choose for him.

Would it not be determined by whether or not they have signed an ELC?

I would think, once under contract, the club would have the final say.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto

Nylander played in the WJHC from the marlies didn't he? when he got concussion? or was he with modo and that was when they switched him to the marlies

edit: either way he and kapanen for sure had ELC's at that world juniors,

2nd Edit: Nylander played in 2 WHJC after having signed a ELC

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013

I would think so too. I really hope he gets to go either way, would be a great experience for him.

White Shadow

Jan 7, 2016
Nylander played in the WJHC from the marlies didn't he? when he got concussion? or was he with modo and that was when they switched him to the marlies

edit: either way he and kapanen for sure had ELC's at that world juniors,

2nd Edit: Nylander played in 2 WHJC after having signed a ELC

That's the right answer to the wrong question.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
That's the right answer to the wrong question.

which I was going to follow up with, im pretty sure there is a rule they have to go to WHJC if invited and not in the NHL I was looking for the link

edit: I worded that poorly, im sure if the player didn't want to go he could say no, but the NHL team cant say no

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
which I was going to follow up with, im pretty sure there is a rule they have to go to WHJC if invited and not in the NHL I was looking for the link

edit: I worded that poorly, im sure if the player didn't want to go he could say no, but the NHL team cant say no
This is pree much right, idk if the NHL is literally not allowed to say no or its just they always let the player go because its what the player wants and you want to keep them from holding any grudges against the team

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad