Timeless Winter's Mock Draft v1.0 3-19-07

Timeless Winter

SaveD the Crew
Oct 13, 2006
Cleveland, Ohio
it's my 1st attempt at a mock.... so here goes nothing.

1. Philadelphia - Kyle Turris
2. Phoenix - Patrick Kane
3. Columbus - Jakub Voracek
4. Chicago - James Van Reimsdyk
5. Los Angeles - Alexei Cherepanov
6. Washington - Karl Alzner
7. Edmonton - Logan Couture
8. St Louis - Sam Gagner
9. Florida - Brandon Sutter
10. Boston - Billy Sweatt
11. Montreal - Mikael Backlund
12. Toronto - Kevin Veilleux
13. Edmonton(via NY Islanders) - Zach Hamill
14. NY Rangers - James O'Brien
15. Carolina - Colton Gillies
16. Colorado - Keaton Ellerby
17. Anaheim(via Tampa) - Angelo Esposito
18. Calgary - Alex Plante
19. St. Louis(via Atlanta) - Maxim Mayorov
20. Minnesota - Nick Petrecki
21. Phoenix(via Dallas) - Zack Torquato
22. Ottawa - John Negrin
23. Montreal(via San Jose) - Mark Katic
24. Pittsburgh - John Blum
25. Vancouver - Joakim Andersson
26. St. Louis(via New Jersey) - Oscar Moller
27. Edmonton(via Anaheim) - Kevin Shattenkirk
28. Florida(via Detroit) - Lars Eller
29. Washington(via Buffalo) - Michal Repik
30. Philadelphia(via Nashville) - Sergei Korostin

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
Esposito will go higher, though I like the thinking.
Gillies will go higher.
Gagner will likely go around 10 or 11.
Montreal would take either Esposito or Gillies with that pick.
I don't think Katic will be drafted in the first round.
Moller will probably go anywhere between 10-20.

Not bad though.

habs91

Jun 1, 2006
Esposito will go higher, though I like the thinking.
Gillies will go higher.
Gagner will likely go around 10 or 11.
Montreal would take either Esposito or Gillies with that pick.
I don't think Katic will be drafted in the first round.
Moller will probably go anywhere between 10-20.

Not bad though.

Not Gillies, geez no....

Default101

Katic=Extremely underrated....

His knocks are...

His size -- ok thats a fair call
Physicality -- being from sarnia compared to how soft he was at the start of the year, he's throwing some solid hit's he threw a huge one last week on cody thornton, and is clearly getting stronger upper body
Shot -- Which was horrible at the start of the year, has reached OHL average
Positioning -- Which could use some improvement

His strengths are his incredable speed, by far the fastest skater in the draft IMO... and his defense, scouts for some reason expected him to be an offensive contributor, but due to the fact that the sting coach double shifts wilson on the powerplay, and splits the other d position between a forward voakes, and katic and Wilson's regular d-partner ferry, he doesn't get much of a chance, he blasted a nice shot last game on the powerplay, so he's showing clear improvement there... another big knock is that his size will affect his defence, i've seen him go one on one with bobby ryan, and john tavares, he beat both of them on the play defensively and didn't even give them the chance to shoot, so that is completely untrue... eventually at some point a scout will notice this and take him 1st round or early 2nd, i am curious as to what made you put him going to montreal at 23rd overall?

Default101

Sweatt won't go 1st round, he has never been seen more than a late 2nd early 3rd
I like your call on Torquato in the 1st, i think he's underrated...
Disagree with Esposito dropping as far as he did there
as a penguins fan i can say Jonathan Blum would be a nice addition but they will look to fill their glareing weakness... a huge defenceman with shutdown capability

all in all i'd say this was pretty good, i've picked apart 3 or 4 details but other than that it looks solid

OilerOlli*

Would be a shock for me if the Oilers draft Hamill when Ellerby, Petrecki and Esposito are all still there.

mikethompson

Mar 20, 2007
Maple Ridge
how come no one gives Hamil the respect he deserves, leads the WHL in assists and points and thats all on a defensive minded Everett Silvertips, maybe I am just biased cause I am from PoCo but this kid is the real deal. Also Jon Blum is way too low he is going to be top 15, he is the all around defencman teams dream off these days in the new NHL, he is on the smaller side but he has amazing speed, he leads the league in +/-, has 51 points which is good for 7th in WHL defencman, 4th in assists in WHL defencman, he is better in every category then Karl Alzner and Ellerby. So why is Blum ranked so low and why do does Hamil not get the credit he deserves.

OilerOlli*

Alzner and Ellerby are much better defensively than Blum. But Blum seems to be a good one also.
And I don't have no respect for Hamill, but rather take the risk on Esposito, who could become a star. Ellerby and Petrecki are 2 promissing defensive Defenseman, which the Oilers clearly need in their organization. They have many puckmoving, smaller, more offensive minded D prospects like Syvret, Chorney or Petry...Petry has a good size though.

OilerOlli*

Perhaps it is not all about the stats.
I be honest, and have to say that I only can say what I have read so far about those player. And i read a lot about those 3. They seems all to be interesting prospect, but every expert or scout is saying that Alzner and Ellerby are the best D's in this draft...but we will see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->