Time to sell-off Simmonds, Voracek, Giroux to the highest bidder

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I would not move Giroux, you couldn't get much for him and he's the captain in all ways.

Voracek no problem, his bounceback so far might tempt some team. He's scoring up to his salary, and a deeper team could live with his "defense."
Simmonds, only b/c it makes no sense to extend him so he won't be here in 2019-20
Ghost, because he is what he is, he's small and mistake prone, but his scoring prowness could return a big package. I don't think he'll age well.

Other than that, there are no players of value that I'd want to trade.
And guys like Filppula have to wait near the trade deadline, since a good team won't trade for him until the salary is down and the need is evident.

Reactions: Pantokrator

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Tough to blame the top line for this. They’re really the only thing keeping this from really reaching 2016-2017 Colorado level bad.

But I do think this is the road they’re heading down whether Hextall knows it or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Rage Kage

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Look at what Tavares would cost you in free agency compare to the rest of Voracek's contract.
There's often one 'greater fool' out there.
Take a young forward, 1st rd pick and bad contract back.

Reason to trade Voracek is he's probably having his best year and has a long, expensive contract where he'll be dcclining in 2-3 years when this team starts seriously contending. So if you don't move him now, he's probably unmovable the rest of his contract.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Those points were wracked up early and both are trending down that list, in a big way. I think some people just see the writing on the wall.

Oh I see, thats why he is long term one of the top scoring wingers in the game. Because one day he wont - now we have to move him so we get a pick that may one day become one of the top scoring players in the game - and by that time, we should move THAT guy again. Because everyone will see the writing on the wall.

We have a moron on the bench - so we trade those guys who actually bring something to the table instead.

Reactions: Silver Tuna

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Oh I see, thats why he is long term one of the top scoring wingers in the game. Because one day he wont - now we have to move him so we get a pick that may one day become one of the top scoring players in the game - and by that time, we should move THAT guy again. Because everyone will see the writing on the wall.

We have a moron on the bench - so we trade those guys who actually bring something to the table instead.

Well, it would clear up cap room, and you'd defintiely get more than just a pick for Giroux or Voracek. You'd likely get a pretty decent young forward, + some promising pieces.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Well, it would clear up cap room, and you'd defintiely get more than just a pick for Giroux or Voracek. You'd likely get a pretty decent young forward, + some promising pieces.

If only we had the cap room, pretty decent young forward and promising pieces instead of them - then we wouldnt have been shutout 6 times this year so far.

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama
I think if we trade them now, we are just heading down the Edmonton path of a few years ago where they had no real veteran presence and it hurt the development of the team.

Reactions: Tripod

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
Clean house. That line is already don't since the game got tougher with no real reponse.
I disagree. Coaches have to go 1st. I do not want to see Patrick, Provorov, Gost, Konecny, Sanheim, Hagg etc etc playing under this coach.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
So supposedly they mentioned Simmonds potentially being available on HNIC tonight? Perhaps it was just speculation. But I read that a GM interviewed said he is Philly's most valuable tradable asset, and that he's a 5-tool player.

The Kypper said that he doesn't believe we are actively shopping him, but that that could change the closer we get to the February trade deadline. He said those other things you mentioned and he also mentioned G & Jake's contracts and said that with Simmer's coming up soon-ish, we couldn't afford to keep all three. He made it sound like we would listen to offers.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Last season i was hoping for bolts to fire cooper so he could come to philly. Now I'm of opinion that even if he got fired we would just end up hiring bylsma.

Reactions: Rebels57

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->