Tim Brent. Where will he go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

1chlfan

Mar 15, 2003
Visit site
Hockeycrazed...
I believe that if Tim Brent is forced to go back to junior next year he will become a free agent at the end of the season. He will then be 21 and this will qualify him as a free agent. I also think anyone that is willing to pick him with one of their first 2 picks will want to sign him right away and get him in their organization. Otherwise why would they waste the time???
I'm a huge Tim Brent fan being from Toronto, and whatever team picks him will not be dissapointed.

degroat*

I'm quite sure that he wouldn't become a free agent in 1 year if he's drafted again.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Minnesota Norse Star said:
Look for the Rangers to sign him with one of their four second round picks.

That seems very probable. Its a safe pick and he'll be NHL ready pretty quick compared to other picks. Also, if the reason he left Anaheim was about money, than I'm sure he won't have a hard time with that issue in New York.

That just got me thinking...if the Rags were to pick him with the compensatory pick they get for not signing Umberger, it could lead to a lot if debate. Who's better? Umberger or Brent? I'll make a poll! :handclap:

Last edited:

1chlfan

Mar 15, 2003
Visit site
I don't know if Brent will be around at 46... But I think he would be a good safe pick for the Rangers if they are willing to step up and take him.

skolgoar

Jun 18, 2002
Visit site
Battleship said:
If Tim Brent is drafted again, that team has his rights for two years(assuming they make a bonafide QO). If he doesn't sign again, he becomes an unrestricted free agent. He is eligible to play pro now and I would think any team drafting him, would want him on their affiliate and eligible to be recalled.

Actually, as I understand the CBA, if Brent returns to play as an overager in the CHL next season, he will be granted free agency the following year. The only way to prevent him becoming a free agent would be to sign him to a contract this season and send him down to the minors immediately.

Not signing Brent to a contract, even if he was asking for 1st round money is a little strange, considering that the Ducks have now signed Aaron Rome, a 4th rounder who was allowed to become a FA when HE supposedly was asking for 1st round money.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
skolgoar said:
Not signing Brent to a contract, even if he was asking for 1st round money is a little strange, considering that the Ducks have now signed Aaron Rome, a 4th rounder who was allowed to become a FA when HE supposedly was asking for 1st round money.

My guess is whatever money they offered to Brent they gave to Rome. They might have given Rome a little bit more only because there is a much bigger need for a top 4 Defensive prospect in the Duck's organization than there is for another 3rd/2nd line forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->