Tiger Woods gets a DUI

AnAceOfKidneys

May 2, 2014
If you're not allowed to be a kid when you're a kid, then you're going to be a kid when you're an adult.

Tiger just waited longer than everyone else.

Yes, I'd have to agree. I've seen a couple documentaries and recently read Hank Hainey's book. Tiger really didn't have much of a childhood, and as much as Tiger's dad was a positive role model, it wasn't all good.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
18835631_10203300534231154_8148378795218851271_n.jpg

Jan 3, 2012
So being too ****ed up to drive because of drugs is better than being too ****ed up to drive because of booze?

Seriously?

Honestly looks like this crowd just has an agenda to make Tiger come out of this looking like a he's become some degenerate.

Obviously it is dumb to drive in any condition in which you can't drive properly or safely, but mixing up some pills before driving, or making a mistake taking them is a vastly different situation than making the decision to drive home after a night of drinking.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
And also, there's no indication that he blatantly tried to drive while being out of it due to the pills. He claims it was an adverse reaction to the drugs. I suspect he had an unusual reaction to pain pills for his back that he doesn't usually have.

vwg*

Nov 16, 2005
Krasnoyarsk

This just proves those biased cops had an agenda against a famous, successful person who was just arriving early to have a picnic on the side of the highway. He's being absolutely railroaded. Justice will prevail.

More pictures from the early morning highway-side picnic:

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
On the one hand you really feel for him because it seems increasingly clear given the powerful painkillers he's popping (details are still emerging and at least one may be illegal in the US) that he is in a lot more pain than he lets on. Perhaps this whole "I'm feeling great" spiel is either fantasy or just BS (or the drugs talking). Perhaps golf is all he has and the chronic debilitating back pain, much like a concussion in hockey, is destroying him physically and mentally. Perhaps all the fame (he's still a sporting icon) and money (he's made $1.65 billion in his career and is the second richest athlete in history) are useless without health and family.

On the other hand. Drugged driving (whether the drugs are legal or not), which also falls under DUI, is now linked with more fatalities in the US than drunk driving. So yeah, equally irresponsible.

Last edited:

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
Watching the arrest video it seems like he was sleepwalking. He didn't have a drop of alcohol in him. Time heals all wounds and I suspect this will be no different. He probably was taking his prescription medication and literally started sleepwalking...right in to his vehicle. I think it's plausible given how incoherent he was in the vid (and from the looks of his attire he literally rolled out of bed).

According to this NYT article, a conviction on this sort of thing is "hard":

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/25/us/25drugged.html

vwg*

Nov 16, 2005
Krasnoyarsk
These embarrassing videos are sure coming out quickly, unlike videos depicting police brutality.

All of the stuff relating to Tiger is subject to FOIA requests. With Tiger being a high profile athlete, they are going to grant those requests rather quickly due to many media outlets hounding them incessantly. As for police brutality videos, those are usually filmed by civilian bystanders which is a different thing entirely, but they are subject to FOIA as well (if filmed by the police).

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
Dustin Johnson had an "addiction" issue that was public a year or two ago and he is doing fine now. There are probably dozens of pro golfers that have done worse things than Tiger has (this latest incident at least) through the years and went on to success.

He'll be back on Tour within due time (some time this year I suspect) - now whether or not he will ever play good again, that is the question.

Jan 3, 2012
Dustin Johnson had an "addiction" issue that was public a year or two ago and he is doing fine now. There are probably dozens of pro golfers that have done worse things than Tiger has (this latest incident at least) through the years and went on to success.

He'll be back on Tour within due time (some time this year I suspect) - now whether or not he will ever play good again, that is the question.

I don't think we can say that DJ has overcome his addiction to falling down staircases on the eve of big tournaments.

:sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad