OT: Ticket Thread - 2018/19 (Make sure to read rules on post 1 before posting tix!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldScool

Nov 27, 2007
Watched the Celtics last night and they provided Green Tshirts on everyones seat. Do you think the Bruins will ever pony up for TShirts instead of the dish rags? I have enough dish rags......

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Watched the Celtics last night and they provided Green Tshirts on everyones seat. Do you think the Bruins will ever pony up for TShirts instead of the dish rags? I have enough dish rags......

Only time I remember them doing that was the first home game after the 2013 partial season lockout......and TD Bank paid for them.

slim04

All Things Boston
Mar 11, 2011
Connecticut
***SOLD***

Hey all, two tickets available for Game 3 tomorrow night:

Section 314
Row 9
Price - $147/ticket (face value plus $1 Pay As We Play admin fee.)

Tickets are on the 315 side of the row.

Please send a DM if you are interested.

Last edited:

slim04

All Things Boston
Mar 11, 2011
Connecticut
Selling 2 tix for Wed. $150 each....308 row 3

This doesn't sound like Face Value given that I'm in the "middle" (this is "end"), still considered a new STH (less than 5 years), and these are more than my tickets. Anyone have shoot twice end seats and want to comment? I would think these are more like $90/$100 each.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch

I agree - the rally towels are nice once a round, but can't they do something different? T-shirts, light up bracelets, cheap hats...anything but more rally towels. There was even a guy a few years ago who made a suit out of stitched rally towels. (He must pray that there's no rain...)

I think this is connected to the success of the club. The tickets are selling - they have a nominal sell-out since 12/09 IIRC, and they're not hurting enough to lower ticket prices. The promotional items are designed to get people in on days when it might be tough to sell tickets otherwise, and the Bruins just aren't in that boat.

Also, they did give out t-shirts for Black Friday from Black Dog in 2013-4, IIRC. In general, they've been pretty crap on giveaways, especially when you consider that they only give away 5,000 items. TD Bank seems to be the sponsor for most of the giveaways, with the exception of the Pasta bobblehead - which was also one that had 10,000 items given away. I wonder if there's some sort of exclusive deal going on.

I think the Celtics are a little worse, though, for the year-round giveaways - never hear of them giving away anything during the year, although maybe I just don't notice it, or they don't advertise it. However, they do a great job in the playoffs, IMO.

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
This doesn't sound like Face Value given that I'm in the "middle" (this is "end"), still considered a new STH (less than 5 years), and these are more than my tickets. Anyone have shoot twice end seats and want to comment? I would think these are more like $90/$100 each.

Think they are all over 100 this round.

I had seasons for 10 years I'd be losing money on Game 3 in my Loge 22's on Wednesday if I renewed and wanted to sell them. Bruins aren't hooking anyone up. Tickets should drop down to 100 all in tomorrow people want to go to Game 4 on Friday.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I’m row 3 balcony on shoot 1x corner with 10 years in. My face is $104.

$150 isn’t out of the realm of possibility at all for row 3, 308.

Reactions: TD Charlie

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

@Kate08 I asked a long time box office employee if the Bruins ever list unsold tickets in the resale category.

He wouldn't answer but he gave me a look that told me all I needed to know.

upload_2018-5-1_23-33-8.png

upload_2018-5-2_0-48-55.png

Last edited:

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
There are whole rows of tickets now that are up for resale in the high rows of 320 starting at $115, plus 21.5% fees. I'm 100% sure that two years ago, that section was used for the kiddos who play hockey during intermission, because my cousin and his kid were there...but in the playoffs, there are no pee-wee hockey teams playing. In other words, they're usually group sale seats, but suddenly there are 20 seats adjacent to each other that are up for resale? It does smell a bit like the Bruins "adjusting" their prices. Their baseline pricing scheme is a little bit...pixelated, for lack of a better term. Row 3 and row 9 are the same price. Aisles the same price as inner seats.

They may also use those seats for their NHL requirements - arenas are required to set aside a certain number of seats for the home team, for the visiting team, and for the league. Those may be the seats they sell via Experience on their Last Minute Ticket under the Bruins app. Those requirements actually increase during the post-season.

The weird thing in section 320 is row 12. First 15 seats are $126, and last 8 are $129? I can't figure that one out.

slim04

All Things Boston
Mar 11, 2011
Connecticut

Yes, but if he's a STH selling those they shouldn't be sold on here above what he paid, and given that I'm "middle" and mine are $147 each this round I call foul. Now if they were bought on the TicketMaster website and they paid $150 that's all good.

I can argue both sides of teams and they're pricing. I agree that STHs should get a break given that we're committing to the season, but I also see the organization's view that they should try to get what the market dictates. What will bite them though is if the team isn't competitive and the STH base goes away. What do they do then? You have STHs because it's guaranteed revenue for the team, you have butts in the seats, and you don't look like a Florida Panthers game (sorry Florida). If you alienate that base they're hosed if things go sideways.

It should be noted that I couldn't go tonight and took a loss on the tickets. What drives me nuts is when people are ok with getting a deal (less than face value), but get upset if you try to balance that by getting a little extra on another game. I didn't hear you complaining on Wednesday!...lol

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
I have 2 center ice balcony for tonight. 301 Row 6.

$125 per ticket (face is $141). PayPal Friends Or Family payment. Mobile tickets.

Last edited:

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Yes, but if he's a STH selling those they shouldn't be sold on here above what he paid, and given that I'm "middle" and mine are $147 each this round I call foul. Now if they were bought on the TicketMaster website and they paid $150 that's all good.

I can argue both sides of teams and they're pricing. I agree that STHs should get a break given that we're committing to the season, but I also see the organization's view that they should try to get what the market dictates. What will bite them though is if the team isn't competitive and the STH base goes away. What do they do then? You have STHs because it's guaranteed revenue for the team, you have butts in the seats, and you don't look like a Florida Panthers game (sorry Florida). If you alienate that base they're hosed if things go sideways.

It should be noted that I couldn't go tonight and took a loss on the tickets. What drives me nuts is when people are ok with getting a deal (less than face value), but get upset if you try to balance that by getting a little extra on another game. I didn't hear you complaining on Wednesday!...lol

I still think it's completely possible that in that seat location, depending on his/her tenure, that $150 could be face as a STH.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
So...did anyone get that invite to "paint the ice" tonight?

Strange....no? Especially considering we could have been there for a Game 6?

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
So...did anyone get that invite to "paint the ice" tonight?

Strange....no? Especially considering we could have been there for a Game 6?

Eh. It's a little bittersweet, but theoretically every STH should have had today circled on the calendar anyway until last Sunday. Easier than asking everyone to come to a later date that hadn't been scheduled.

A lot of teams are doing the paint-the-ice thing....but as someone with no artistic talent at all, I think I'm skipping it. I have no idea what I'd paint.

Was there another price increase? JJ has been taking advantage of the fan base for far too long. I'll be curious what renewals are like.

Yes, there was a price increase for next year. As a first year STH, I went up $3 per seat per game in the balcony baby blue zone (shoot 2x - high end, shoot 1x - low end, and 8 corner sections). That's from $58 to $61, or about a 5% increase.

Bruins Season Tickets

To play devil's advocate, JJ (technically) hasn't increased prices for a couple of years for non-resellers, IIRC...definition of "reseller", however, is a bit murky, and they did get slapped pretty hard. And the beer is still too damn expensive.

If you intend to go to all the games (or split them with friends who intend to do so), it's a reasonable deal relative to the "buy it on the resale market" route. Especially if you place value on the STH benefits (free appetizer watch parties 2x in Seaport, annual Meet-the-Bruins event where you take photos, free scarf, free t-shirt, free b-day message, TD Garden and Warrior Ice Arena skates, State of the Bruins, draft party, and Pro Shop 15% discount). And the savings on the playoffs make it a good deal when they make it.

Don't be fooled by "total savings" - there is no way you could spend $110 per seat per game on average just to get in unless you're really bad at buying tickets, or you're buying tickets in the front row balcony. This past year, it's probably closer to $65-$75 on average (including $15-$20 preseason games) if you bought the cheapest seat to every game and missed the ideal price occasionally.

And not to sound rah-rah, but the team this past year was way better than the last two or three years.

Oh, and don't count on us losing any of the preseason games because we're going to China. JJ loves getting his beer money for those. Last year, it looks like the Kings and Canucks both managed to get in 3 home games...I think they played split-squad.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Thanks for the info talkinaway! Is everyone at those prices or is that just newer ST holders?

I think my price should be on the high end for non-reselling STHs - meaning the newer ones like me. I'm honestly a little fuzzy on exactly what the pricing tiers are for more tenured STHs, and if/when lower prices kick in. I know they publish that STHs are divided into tiers for benefits - you don't advance from silver to gold until 10 years, and gold to platinum takes 20. Silver gets an extra alumni and an extra d-camp event, and gold gets a team BBQ and a $100 concession card. But I've heard many different prices for seats in the "baby blue" section, and all lower than mine, which makes me think it's a little more "fine tuned" than just three tiers - but I could be wrong.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I think my price should be on the high end for non-reselling STHs - meaning the newer ones like me. I'm honestly a little fuzzy on exactly what the pricing tiers are for more tenured STHs, and if/when lower prices kick in. I know they publish that STHs are divided into tiers for benefits - you don't advance from silver to gold until 10 years, and gold to platinum takes 20. Silver gets an extra alumni and an extra d-camp event, and gold gets a team BBQ and a $100 concession card. But I've heard many different prices for seats in the "baby blue" section, and all lower than mine, which makes me think it's a little more "fine tuned" than just three tiers - but I could be wrong.

The Bruins give a gigantic discount to any account that has been active since 1975 when Jacobs first computerized tickets.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Well, may as well get this out early if anyone wants to bite...

One preseason ticket available for Wednesday, September 26 at 7 PM, Red Wings at Bruins. Section 304, row 3, face value $60, selling for $30. PayPal Friends/Family, or cold hard cash if you want to meet up at the first preseason game. Ticketmaster transfer for delivery - probably won't be available until August or September.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->