OT: Ticket Thread - 2018/19 (Make sure to read rules on post 1 before posting tix!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
yeah fair enough - i see that charge, so for next year i'm good. i'm more curious about the playoff tickets i suppose. but my rep has confirmed via email that i'm all set.

still, glad to hear it looks the same on your end as well - thanks!

If you're pay-as-we-play, it costs $1 extra per ticket, and they charge you as games are "clinched". You'll get hit with two tickets to the ECQF whenever the Bruins have officially clinched a playoff spot. If they get home ice, you'll get charged for a third ticket if/when both teams win a game, and a fourth ticket if the series hits 3-3....if we're the away team, you'll get hit with a third ticket if/when both teams have at least 2 wins. I don't know exactly how fast they charge you, but it's probably by the next morning at the latest, and maybe even right as soon as the game's over. (I hope it's not right after, just in case I'm not at home watching the game for an away game....seeing or not seeing a phone alert for a charge is tantamount to telling me the result of the game I have DVRed!)

I picked that because when I futzed around with the options, the pay-as-we-play charge remained even if I picked the 30-30-40 plan. Not worth it to me to rock the boat, and at least now I don't have to deal with refunds...not sure exactly how they work that out.

BruinsFan1990

Mar 29, 2016
Winthrop, MA
So I chose the 10 month plan for next year's season tickets, but it turns out I can actually pay it all off early.

Is there any way to make a lump sum payment after choosing the 10 month plan?

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I imagine the select-a-seat emails won't come today. With the weather as bad as it is, the reps are hopefully working from home (if at all!). Dealing with the list of STHs who RSVPed can probably be done tomorrow morning.

I'd imagine the emails notifying you of your time slot come tomorrow - not a good idea to send out emails ON Thursday for an even that's also happening on Thursday. But who knows - with the wild weather, anything's possible.

SpeedyLazaro

Sponsor
Sep 30, 2008
Boston
any one else get times??

8:00 AM seems strange for a 1 day event given that I'm not high on the totem pole.. I've only had tickets for 7 years.

gobosox00

Jan 8, 2010
any one else get times??

8:00 AM seems strange for a 1 day event given that I'm not high on the totem pole.. I've only had tickets for 7 years.

The email only said that we'd receive and email with our time slot at 8AM tomorrow. I'm trying to remember what the times were in the past, anywhere from 10 to 2 or so?

SpeedyLazaro

Sponsor
Sep 30, 2008
Boston
The email only said that we'd receive and email with our time slot at 8AM tomorrow. I'm trying to remember what the times were in the past, anywhere from 10 to 2 or so?

well that was worded poorly.

Also, this is done so half-ass.. some of us have jobs and busy schedules and need more than a 3 hour notice.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
any one else get times??

I never got anything about an 8 AM email to be sent today for the Select-A-Seat time slots...but I checked in Account Manager this morning, and my slot is 11 AM tomorrow. That's semi-reasonable, giving about 24 hours notice in advance...frankly, it's tough for anyone if you're going to do it during business hours. It's better than the old way...even 4-5 years ago, weren't they doing a race-a-round where you grabbed slips on chairs at the Garden? It actually sounds fun, like a real live game show...but also seems exhausting and way more inconvenient.

Want low on the totem pole? My Select-A-Seat doesn't hapeen until tomorrow at 11 AM, and I should be the lowest of the low, since this is my first year. They may not have a lot of time slots...unless they're already doing Select-A-Seat today?

gobosox00

Jan 8, 2010
I never got anything about an 8 AM email to be sent today for the Select-A-Seat time slots...but I checked in Account Manager this morning, and my slot is 11 AM tomorrow. That's semi-reasonable, giving about 24 hours notice in advance...frankly, it's tough for anyone if you're going to do it during business hours. It's better than the old way...even 4-5 years ago, weren't they doing a race-a-round where you grabbed slips on chairs at the Garden? It actually sounds fun, like a real live game show...but also seems exhausting and way more inconvenient.

Want low on the totem pole? My Select-A-Seat doesn't hapeen until tomorrow at 11 AM, and I should be the lowest of the low, since this is my first year. They may not have a lot of time slots...unless they're already doing Select-A-Seat today?

Looks like they're starting today and spreading it out. I have noon today

gobosox00

Jan 8, 2010
I just let my pair in 315 row 4 go, whoever snags those will be very happy! They're awesome seats at a good price level. I wanted to try and get my 2 separate pairs together into a set of 4 so I moved my 311 pair and my 315 pair to a set of 4 together in 312 row 2. Same price as rows 3-7 in the center ice sections and not too much more than my 311 row 5 tickets. Definitely going to miss 315 row 4 but i'm happy to have 4 together now with my kids getting a little older.

Reactions: sooshii

JWMGT90

May 6, 2010
How is availability this year? I’m in 315 row 8 would like to move up a few rows. I’m in at 2pm

gobosox00

Jan 8, 2010
How is availability this year? I’m in 315 row 8 would like to move up a few rows. I’m in at 2pm

Not bad. I didn't look at the loge but saw some center ice balcony, mostly in the seats a little higher up. There was a decent amount in the corner and behind the nets on the shoot twice side, some pretty low rows too. Almost all in pairs or sets of 3 from what I saw

SpeedyLazaro

Sponsor
Sep 30, 2008
Boston
Tempted to upgrade to the Loge, but it's still a little too spendy for my blood. Moved to row 5 in 330. I was in row 7 in 317

slim04

All Things Boston
Mar 11, 2011
Connecticut
I'm up at the top of the hour. I'm hoping to get lower even if it were to shift more into the shoot twice "end." I'm in 314 - Row 9 right now, but I'm just off the aisle so that part is pretty nice.

JWMGT90

May 6, 2010
I'm up at the top of the hour. I'm hoping to get lower even if it were to shift more into the shoot twice "end." I'm in 314 - Row 9 right now, but I'm just off the aisle so that part is pretty nice.

Is a low row end better than a row 9 center? The ends will be cheaper probably

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
Is a low row end better than a row 9 center? The ends will be cheaper probably

I used to have row 2 seats behind the net. Even in row 2 I had net blockage from people sitting in row 1 when leaning over.
I now have row 6 center ice seats and like them a lot better. Still have some blockage of the near boards and near corners from lower row leaners but for me that is a better trade off than not being able to see the net.

I have not sat in the behind the net seats in a long time so people who sit there now should give you better info than me but provided price is not an issue I would choose center row 9 any day over end seats.

Last edited:

slim04

All Things Boston
Mar 11, 2011
Connecticut
I decided to make the move. I got a pair in 311 - Row 5. To me that's an upgrade. I think the seats in Row 7 and lower are touch wider (or Row 11 and higher), I like the corner view, I'm still just off the aisle (312 side) so I'm feeling good. Price also went down a little which is nice.

I really looked hard at a pair in 309 - Row 2, but they were the same price I pay now. That wasn't the issue in my mind. It was the debate of "is three rows closer in the end better than 3 rows higher in the corner?" When someone scooped those up it made my decision for me.

For the person who ends up with my old seats I think you'll be happy. They just off the aisle on the 315 side and had a great view. Also the rep for that section is a good guy.

Reactions: talkinaway

SpeedyLazaro

Sponsor
Sep 30, 2008
Boston
I hear a lot of horror stories about Balcony Row 2. Everyone in the front row leans forward and it obstructs the view of the second row.

Reactions: Alicat

slim04

All Things Boston
Mar 11, 2011
Connecticut
Thanks Speedy for that insight. Glad I went with the others!

If I can move back to the middle next year in Rows 7 or lower I likely will, but to me moving down 4 rows, saving $20/ticket/game, and having a more static view is worth it for next season.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I decided to make the move. I got a pair in 311 - Row 5. To me that's an upgrade. I think the seats in Row 7 and lower are touch wider (or Row 11 and higher), I like the corner view, I'm still just off the aisle (312 side) so I'm feeling good. Price also went down a little which is nice.

I really looked hard at a pair in 309 - Row 2, but they were the same price I pay now. That wasn't the issue in my mind. It was the debate of "is three rows closer in the end better than 3 rows higher in the corner?" When someone scooped those up it made my decision for me.

For the person who ends up with my old seats I think you'll be happy. They just off the aisle on the 315 side and had a great view. Also the rep for that section is a good guy.

I think you'll be happy with 311 row 5. I wound up in 311 row 6 a couple of times when I was buying individual tickets - someone in that row priced their tix very reasonably. I don't remember making any mental notes about not liking the seat - I learned that the middle rows of 312 are temporary seats, and wouldn't trade into that. They do a weird "flip up" thing when you get out of them, and they seem smaller and have practically no arms. My vague feeling is the corner/end seats are a tiny bit bigger than the center 10 seats in the balcony, but I've sat in the center so infrequently that I really wouldn't bet much on it.

I'd love to flip from 304 to 313 or even 319, but I somehow doubt that's going to happen...I'm not willing to head up into row 14 just to flip my perspective. My spot in 304 is pretty good - leaners sometimes block a little bit of my view of the near faceoff dot, but I have an absolutely great view of the near goal line. I'd still rather face the bench than the penalty box, but I'm just happy to have a spot.

Silva

Nov 23, 2005
Massachusetts
Slim what seats are you in 311 row 5? I'm 3 and 4

Speedy, is row 2 bad because of leaners everywhere or is it worst behind the net?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->