OT: Ticket Thread - 2018/19 (Make sure to read rules on post 1 before posting tix!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I hear ya. I love watching the preseason games and even stream them on my phone like some weirdo. That being said - I dont like paying full price for those games - and 3 of them! I wouldnt mind JJ throwing STH a bone and making those games 50% off.

It should be 2. If they didn't win a Cup and have such a following it would be less- after lockout they actually were free

SpeedyLazaro

Sponsor
Sep 30, 2008
Boston
It should be 2. If they didn't win a Cup and have such a following it would be less- after lockout they actually were free

My dad used to take me to preseason games in providence (I think.. maybe Worcester?) back in the 80’s. Seems other teams still play preseason games in close by non-home venues... how about if the Bruins extend a local treat to the residents of Manchester, Worcester, Hartford, Providence, etc

Johnny Upton

Jul 5, 2003
Boston
I am not entirely sure where to put this but it pertains to my seats at the Garden so I figured I'd put it here.

I sit in 304, row 8 on the aisle. I went to my first preseason game last night and I was greeted by an approximately 2 foot tall pane of glass that was installed on the wall on the top of the stairs. Does anyone know why this was done? At a minimum, it's aggravating. Realistically, it makes my seat an obstructed view. I went nuts last night constantly craning my head to see over and around this glass. Watching the game through the glass is like watching through a magnifying glass and started to give me a headache. I would love to know why this was necessary.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I am not entirely sure where to put this but it pertains to my seats at the Garden so I figured I'd put it here.

I sit in 304, row 8 on the aisle. I went to my first preseason game last night and I was greeted by an approximately 2 foot tall pane of glass that was installed on the wall on the top of the stairs. Does anyone know why this was done? At a minimum, it's aggravating. Realistically, it makes my seat an obstructed view. I went nuts last night constantly craning my head to see over and around this glass. Watching the game through the glass is like watching through a magnifying glass and started to give me a headache. I would love to know why this was necessary.

I'm sure they'll say it's for safety...drunk person tumbling down hitting pane of glass and being knocked back is better than drunk guy tumbling down, hurling over the ledge and going from row 7 to row 3 on the vomitorium concrete.

Does it actually promote safety? How about drunk guy rips pane of glass off and whacks other drunk guy? I'm not entirely sure...I'd imagine someone's done studies and says it does, but...*shrug*

I'm 100% sympathetic to this - I'll gladly sit behind the netting on the ends, but put me behind the glass in the loge, and I won't like it at all due to the magnification effect. I'd rather sit row 10+ in the loge and look over the glass than row 3-4 and look through and "be close".

My other pet peeve is sitting in the balcony row around 8-9 and being located horizontally above the stairs. Even if the security does a great job at holding people back for the whistle when the return, they can't keep people from leaving.

I guess the only thing you can do is complain to your rep, which will probably get you nowhere. Heck, it could be some building code that the Garden has to comply with. They probably can't move you, and if they could, it might be a worse location....though behind a random pane of glass is pretty bad.

The only other options left are considerably less pleasant, for both you and the Garden...and are probably not really worth it.

Did you have the same seats last year? If they blindsided you by putting this up, then it's a really lame move. It's not Islanders-level obstruction, but if they make structural changes, they should let STHs know. But if it's always been there (and I seem to remember those panes last year), then it's a case of caveat emptor, and another reason having the select-a-seat live might be a good thing.

RBurgundy

Oct 29, 2009

I didn't sit in my seats last night, but sat one section over and noticed this glass. it wasn't terrible from where I was, but at times it was. I kept saying how it would suck so bad to be right behind it! I'd certainly complain if I were you, I can see how it'd give you a head ache. I'm hoping it's not too bad from my seats, I'm row 12 so I think I'll be over it mostly, but I guess I'll find out opening night!

Johnny Upton

Jul 5, 2003
Boston
Did you have the same seats last year? If they blindsided you by putting this up, then it's a really lame move. It's not Islanders-level obstruction, but if they make structural changes, they should let STHs know. But if it's always been there (and I seem to remember those panes last year), then it's a case of caveat emptor, and another reason having the select-a-seat live might be a good thing.

I've had the same seats since I got my seasons back in 2009. No one said a word to me at any time that these would be put up. If they had, I would have considered moving to an area that doesn't have them sitting right in front of me.

I am planning on emailing my rep but as you said (and I agree with), it's likely not going to get me anywhere.

MrMars

May 26, 2006
I have seats 3/4 into the aisle in the front row of the balcony, the people in 1/2 didn't show up to the game last night so when I came back from the bathroom instead of making my gf get up I just sat in the 2nd seat from the aisle. They replaced the glass that was there and it is at least twice as tall now, from that seat I could not see the other end of the ice without looking through the glass. Seat 1 is even worse, pretty much the whole ice is behind the glass. I would be completely livid if I had those seats paying $92 as they really are obstructed view now.

Thankfully my seats are fine, but wow such a bad move on their part those should be reduced price for sure.

SpeedyLazaro

Sponsor
Sep 30, 2008
Boston
I have seats 3/4 into the aisle in the front row of the balcony, the people in 1/2 didn't show up to the game last night so when I came back from the bathroom instead of making my gf get up I just sat in the 2nd seat from the aisle. They replaced the glass that was there and it is at least twice as tall now, from that seat I could not see the other end of the ice without looking through the glass. Seat 1 is even worse, pretty much the whole ice is behind the glass. I would be completely livid if I had those seats paying $92 as they really are obstructed view now.

Thankfully my seats are fine, but wow such a bad move on their part those should be reduced price for sure.

in another forum, there is someone that sits in row 8 saying that the new glass at the top of the stairwell obstructs almost the whole ice from seats 1 and 2

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
Would anyone know who runs Fan Relations now? I just tried to email my rep about this and got an autoreply that he quit.

I would try asking for someone in season ticket sales. It may not be exactly the same with the Bruins but when I had a problem with my Red Sox season tickets where a renovation made my seats obstructed view I contacted the season ticket sales manager and he was able to get my seats moved after the season had already started.

SEASON SALES ACCOUNT EXECUTIVES
MATT GULLEY, TINA ZETTEL, KATE SULLIVAN

Or maybe one of these people:
DIRECTOR OF TICKET SALES
MARK RODRIGUES

TICKET SALES MANAGER
KEVIN STONE

Last edited:

Looch

B's, C's, Sox & Pats
Jun 22, 2009
Gilford, NH
I would try asking for someone in season ticket sales. It may not be exactly the same with the Bruins but when I had a problem with my Red Sox season tickets where a renovation made my seats obstructed view I contacted the season ticket sales manager and he was able to get my seats moved after the season had already started.

SEASON SALES ACCOUNT EXECUTIVES
MATT GULLEY, TINA ZETTEL, KATE SULLIVAN

Or maybe one of these people:
DIRECTOR OF TICKET SALES
MARK RODRIGUES

TICKET SALES MANAGER
KEVIN STONE

The Sox are much more accommodating in this regard than the B's are. I would be shocked if the B's offered anything in the line on a lateral move or an upgrade. Unfortunately they simply don't care. The B's have consistently showed they believe their season ticket base is replaceable and they will not go out of their way to accommodate you.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I've had the same seats since I got my seasons back in 2009. No one said a word to me at any time that these would be put up. If they had, I would have considered moving to an area that doesn't have them sitting right in front of me.

I am planning on emailing my rep but as you said (and I agree with), it's likely not going to get me anywhere.

I sit in section 22 on the tunnel (row 2) right next to the B's backup goalie.

You can no longer high 5 the players as they come on the ice as they installed a tall piece of glass all along the tunnel. I heard it was because some Ottawa player hit a fan with his stick when the guy grabbed it as the players were walking down the tunnel (last season).

Lots of disappointed little kids during the pre game skate.

I am a silly old lady who would high five the guys as came out for each period.

There is one small crack I can get my hand through....Bergy and Z saw and gave me a high 5.

Some of the guys who work for the team said they feel like they are in the zoo.

SpeedyLazaro

Sponsor
Sep 30, 2008
Boston
regarding this "obstructed view" thing.

The best advice I can offer is deal with it and don't waste your time

As I've stated before, I had dozens of phone calls and emails.. constant communication all season and I was roped along by being told they were going to fix it. I have it in writing that they "guaranteed" that they would accomodate me before select-a-seat. Guess what? They didn't. It resulted in very heated and contentious conversations. I was advised to "take what they were offering" because there was nothing to be available at select-a-seat.. I called their bluff and there was a TON of inventory available.

They could have accommodated me, but chose not to, and completely wasted hours of my time.

Don't believe them... they will not move a current season ticket holder to an equal or better seat because they will always give the seats to the higher bidder on the waiting list.

typing this out makes my blood boil.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I am flying out to Detroit tomorrow taking a friend who is a Wings fan to the first game in the arena and she is so excited.

Brand new arena - they are using PDF's

jk6NFp2.png

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
The Sox are much more accommodating in this regard than the B's are. I would be shocked if the B's offered anything in the line on a lateral move or an upgrade. Unfortunately they simply don't care. The B's have consistently showed they believe their season ticket base is replaceable and they will not go out of their way to accommodate you.

the Sox though have tickets available and after that 10 year run of 90 degree sunny days of baseball and love, the chicken and beer 2012 Sox followed by the Bobby Valentine Experience has removed a % of fans for good

and I ****ing love it

you think they are having bobble heads and being so accommodating if this was 2004-2011:shakehead

thank God for Bobby Valentine and I mean it

he helped get it back where you can go to a Red Sox game on a whim and afford tickets

I love this

I will be curious to see what happens with the Bruins because as I been saying for 2 years they are getting ready for another 2008-2014 type run

the Red Sox in the the mid 60's, mid 70's, mid 80's and early 2000's and now retooled and the put on Championship caliber teams = the Bruins believe it or not are doing the same

there are two types of Bruins fans- those that sit in their own urine whinning about Jimmy Hayes and how Don Sweeney sucks and those that have been watching what they been doing and understanding all they aren't perfect they are making a lot more right decisions than wrong

Johnny Upton

Jul 5, 2003
Boston
regarding this "obstructed view" thing.

The best advice I can offer is deal with it and don't waste your time

As I've stated before, I had dozens of phone calls and emails.. constant communication all season and I was roped along by being told they were going to fix it. I have it in writing that they "guaranteed" that they would accomodate me before select-a-seat. Guess what? They didn't. It resulted in very heated and contentious conversations. I was advised to "take what they were offering" because there was nothing to be available at select-a-seat.. I called their bluff and there was a TON of inventory available.

They could have accommodated me, but chose not to, and completely wasted hours of my time.

Don't believe them... they will not move a current season ticket holder to an equal or better seat because they will always give the seats to the higher bidder on the waiting list.

typing this out makes my blood boil.
I’m debating if I even want to bother saying anything to anyone else at this point. I’m sure there’s a reason that they’re there, and I know my complaining about them isn’t getting them removed or getting me moved. I just wish they told me this was a possibility prior to the season so I could consider other options.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I’m debating if I even want to bother saying anything to anyone else at this point. I’m sure there’s a reason that they’re there, and I know my complaining about them isn’t getting them removed or getting me moved. I just wish they told me this was a possibility prior to the season so I could consider other options.

I'd say mention it in the kindest possible terms, with absolutely zero expectations of anything happening, because, realistically, nothing probably will happen. The Garden probably didn't want to install the glass, but had to - and maybe they didn't even know they were going to install it until way after select-a-seat. I'm sure they know installing the glass is perceived as bad, but they won't know how bad it is unless they hear feedback from fans...particularly fans who purchase 44+ games per season all the way back in March/April.

The worst they'll do is say "Thanks for your constructive input; we've noted it and will consider comments yours this when we make future changes to the Garden." The absolute best would be to either move you or for them to find a way to take down the glass, both of which are near impossible. But who knows; depending on your tenure, they might kick you up a notch on the select-a-seat next year.

SpeedyLazaro

Sponsor
Sep 30, 2008
Boston

They obviously need the glass for safety purposes... however the way everyone needs to spin it is around select-a-seat. Have it the old way so people can see where they are relocating. So they know there is an obstruction or something less than ideal in the sight lines. None of these obstructions can be seen on the online system.

Extend the courtesy to people that invest thousands of dollars in the product and let them come in the building and see what’s available

Brewins1986

Sep 29, 2017
Hey all - I have 5 tickets for the Bruins vs Vegas Knights IN VEGAS, Sunday Oct 15th. They are section 104, Row N and really close to the isle. After all the fees, they are $130 a ticket. They are also Flash Seats so easy to transfer and if you would like I can put them on Stubhub but there would be that additional $19 per ticket sale fee, at least that provides security for you though. Let me know.

RBurgundy

Oct 29, 2009
Under face value Tickets 3 together (will sell a single if you want) row 12 317 face is $54 each.

Games Available and Price per ticket
11/8 vs Wild *$45 a ticket
11/29 vs Lightening $50 a ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad