Tickets: Ticket Buying Question

ratdog07067

Aug 4, 2011
Woodbridge, NJ
Hey everyone,

I have a question about buying tickets I'm hoping people here might know the answer to.

My siblings and I want to take my dad to a Ranger game for a combo birthday/Christmas gift. The only date that is good for everyone (there are 5 total) is the Sunday March 16 game vs San Jose. On Ticketmaster there are very few tickets available and cap of 4 per event anyway. Would the Garden box office have access to a better selection or is it one of those things where they're not available until a week before the game when they release a bunch of seats? I know SH has some so that's an option, just wanted to see what if any other ideas anyone might have.

Thanks.

cjc5103

Jan 21, 2013
Washington DC
Hey everyone,

I have a question about buying tickets I'm hoping people here might know the answer to.

My siblings and I want to take my dad to a Ranger game for a combo birthday/Christmas gift. The only date that is good for everyone (there are 5 total) is the Sunday March 16 game vs San Jose. On Ticketmaster there are very few tickets available and cap of 4 per event anyway. Would the Garden box office have access to a better selection or is it one of those things where they're not available until a week before the game when they release a bunch of seats? I know SH has some so that's an option, just wanted to see what if any other ideas anyone might have.

Thanks.

Because you're buying for a group, I would recommend buying in advance. Buy on here (HFBoards), StubHub, TicketsNow or try Scorebig.

I wouldn't buy on Ticketmaster because everything is insanely priced, even the ones being resold.

Tim725

Sep 19, 2013
Agreed. Look here as its one of the few places you can buy tickets for ACTUAL face value. Look through the ticket buying thread for the people offering sets of 4 tickets and PM them as they probably have those games available!

Giacomin

Apr 29, 2007
Buying 5 tickets together is really tough for a variety of reasons mainly the TM cap of 4 and the fact that most STH,s have only 2,4 or 6 seats on their account. The game you have picked is the only afternoon game at MSG and will be a hot ticket so to get 5 for that game will be tough. I would try TicketExchange or StubHub but it wont be cheap. You might be better off buying 3 together and then 2 seats close by.

ratdog07067

Aug 4, 2011
Woodbridge, NJ
Thanks for the info. Almost seems like I'd be better off finding someone selling 6 at face or close and finding someone else to use the extra ticket than buying 5 at the StubHub and Ticket Exchange prices.

I predict I'll be spending a lot of unproductive time (work-wise, anyway) on the internet today.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->