Ticket advice for Buffalo WJC

clevelandcane

Dec 30, 2011
Ohio
I'm trying to figure out the best time to buy tickets for the best value.

I can get tickets to the US games for $60-$100 right now. Will these prices go down? What's your experience?

What about the medal games? When's the best time to buy?

Basically, give me any advice you have for ticket buying.

Thanks!

SCampo98

Dec 24, 2015
Sherbrooke, QC
Tickets were just released within the last couple of days. Surprisingly, TicketMaster has some of the lowest ticket prices. The closer to the tournament it gets though, the less tickets there will be and the prices on Stubhub/VividSeats will definitely go up.

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
Any Canada game is going to be above face. Just about any other game below. Quarters are hit and miss. Semis and final will be way above face unless Canada loses.

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
If you know you want to go to any Canada games or the knockouts buy now if you can get them near face value.

clevelandcane

Dec 30, 2011
Ohio
I bought tickets for some of round robin games. The knockout games aren't for sale yet - at least not from the Buffalo World Juniors website. I'm sure they're on the secondary market but you can't buy them straight up yet.

clevelandcane

Dec 30, 2011
Ohio
I'm very confused. I purchased tickets to the 12/28 Finland game and the US game. The reason I wanted these two games is because the schedule said 4 and 8 for start times, we could just stay at the rink all day.

Now I see the 12/28 Finland game is at noon. My receipt says 4.

Which is it? And can I switch games if they screwed me?

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
I'm very confused. I purchased tickets to the 12/28 Finland game and the United States game. The reason I wanted these two games is because the schedule said 4 and 8 for start times, we could just stay at the rink all day. Now I see the 12/28 Finland game is at noon. My receipt says 4. Which is it? And can I switch games if they screwed me?

As of April 12, 2017 - the day the schedule came out - the Finland-Denmark game on 12/28 has always been scheduled for 12:00 pm ET - Sweden-Czech Republic game has always been scheduled for 4:00 pm ET and United States-Slovakia has always been scheduled for 8:00 pm ET.

(I posted the complete schedule on that date in the 2018 IIHF World Championship - Buffalo, New York thread located in the Buffalo Sabres forum here - http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/2018-iihf-world-junior-championship-buffalo-ny.2216297/)

I would definiately call and see whats up. Hopefully - if the problem is that it was a time error on your receipt and you get stuck with tickets to the Finland-Denmark game - you will be able to switch them for tickets to the Sweden-Czech Republic game. If they don't allow the switch - guess you will have to buy tickets to the Sweden-Czech Republic game and then try to sell your Finland-Denmark tickets (good luck there!).

Or you can do a a triple-header of hockey! Ouch if you are stuck doing that! I did that twice outta three times the last time the World Juniors were here and that was a LONG DAY OF HOCKEY - counting in the breaks between games - it was close to 9 1/2 hours being downtown both days. Lucky for me one of Sabres season ticket holders near me who is Canadian bought my tickets to the first two games of the triple-header that took place on oddly enough December 28 - Switzerland-Finland (12:30 pm ET) - Canada-Czech Republic (4:00 pm ET) games. So I only had to attend the finale which oddly enough was United States-Slovakia (8:00 pm ET).

Last edited:

clevelandcane

Dec 30, 2011
Ohio
The powers that be recognized their mistake and switched me to the 4 Sweden game. I'm all good. Thanks for the response.

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
I think there are going to be less Canadian fans this time around in Buffalo. We've seen support for the tournament slowly start to wane in Canada. This was obvious at the last two tournaments hosted here. I think the lack of gold medal success along with so many of the best juniors being kept up in the NHL than in the past are big factors.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad