Post-Game Talk: Thursday becomes a must win as Panthers lay egg vs Sens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Absolutely. This was on Luongo for the loss. The team didn’t help, but he sucked bad tonight.

I should coach this team lol. Or at least handle player decisions.

I just knew Reimer should have played. Ok looked slow against New York.

Way too many shots allowed in a row.

Haj

#CatsAreComing
Apr 6, 2003
Arlington, VA
Panthers played an awful game tonight. Ottawa is completely undermanned. A playoff team wins this game 5-0.

Boughner got out-coached.

Reimer should have started.

Mamin should have been in instead of Haley.

Bad execution on the power play. Bad execution on breakouts. Passes were off target the whole night.

Too many chintzy plays, especially on breakouts.

This is a young team. When things are going well, they abandon what got them there and start doing all sorts of high-risk dumb things. Creativity is important but so is discipline.

The break down by Yandle and Ekblad was all terrible.

I don't buy this as a PDO loss, Ottawa's chances were deflections and guys standing within 3 feet of the crease.

Vilam

#Catlantic
Feb 8, 2012
San Francisco
Ugh, just finished watching the end of the game. That **** isn't ok. They should have won tonight; nobody to blame but themselves. They've been doing awesome, but they can't afford letdowns like that.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Some thing just don't change. I was rightfully afraid about this game against a worser team

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Pretty bad defensive play last two games. Its like ever since Potvin said how few odd man rushes weve had against theyve been piling up

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Not entirely unexpected but this is bad.

We've been relying on Luongo too much and driving him to the ground when we desperately need him to play well in the upcoming roadtrips. Start Reimer next game, keep Vatrano on the second line, put Mamin back in.

If we absolutely can't remove Haley because he has naked Boughner pictures, then I'd probably reunite the McGinn-McCann-Mamin line. Maybe let Malgin have a couple games with Springfield - there's three games Friday, Saturday, Sunday, he could play the first two and still go on the roadtrip with the Panthers, or play all three and join later. That's nothing against Malgin - love the player - but Vatrano currently looks better on the second line and we don't have the luxury of experimenting now to see what works and what doesn't when we need every point.

You know who else could be send to Springfield for a few games? McCoshen. Sitting again since February 24th. If we're not playing him (understandable, in the middle of a playoff hunt), then send him down and let him play. If you need someone warming the bench, buy an electric heating pad - they're pretty cheap on Amazon.

New Jersey, Philly - this would be a fantastic moment for you to crash and burn. Pretty please?

Reactions: Aksu

Depch

Aug 27, 2006
Delete account
Tough loss, but somewhat expected. Panthers were on an 8 game home win streak, I'd have prefered to that have rather ended vs the Bruins, but perhaps they can come up big there and gain the mental advantage to that game from this. Senators were opportunistic and got the bounces, the Panthers were mostly carrying the play from the 2nd period onwards and that's what matters. We'll get some of these bounces vs some of the better teams to compensate this one!

We have games in hand and New Jersey is still the team projected to drop out and we'll see if case Seth Jones turns to Panthers advantage as well. All good.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Holy shit one really bad Game with a lost after 10-15 games, this lost was foreshadowed. The last Games already showed that we get really sloppy. For myself i think some of the Players get this PO run really into the Head. We always fought back into the Game but on the other end the let in to much Goals.

As one of the best example, was the 4:3 for Ottawa. Where 2 players lost their Players and rebound get into the Net and this is what our Games was in our own Zone.
Not sure if it was only my example but some Lines looking tired. and i really would like to see some changeing in the 3rd and 4th Line.
As example.

McGinn, Malgin, Mammin
Brickley, McCann, Sceviour
Malgin is the better Playmaker and also a good shoot, Malgin speaks russian what helps with Mammin.
McCann is to bad in the FO Circle for been Center, a good shot could also been used on the Wings or 4th Line Center.

But i think MacKenzie will stay always in the Roster only for PK and "C" reason.

Something i dont understand in the Game versus Ottawa. Why Bench Mammin and let Haley play or MacKenzie. Ottawa has no real fighter in the Team and also have no intention to fight. So why i let should play some of the baddest Player on this Team in their simple game. Also i would say anyone was able to see that McGinn and Mammin Body frame work but no one their who help them or set them up. McCann is much but not a Playmaker that is not his Game.
Its a different thing playing with Boston their is always a chance someone brought up a fight, but not Ottawa.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Columbus wins, we lose a game in hand to NJ. We are pretty much done.

Lol. Philly and Columbus have 24 points available and New Jersey has 26. We have 30. So much can happen still.

Also, in April we have 5 games in 7 days...that's 10 points available. You don't think we'll be within 10 points of a playoff spot by then?

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Gotta start better. We started poorly against Montreal too. Teams we should beat in the first and completely demoralize.

Boston game should be good.

Depch

Aug 27, 2006
Delete account
This is where leadership is forged! Those who have the strength to look against the odds in the eye and perform and those who falter (applies to fans as well).

CatscratchFever

#CatsAreComing
Dec 11, 2002
O-hi-O
Visit site
This is where leadership is forged! Those who have the strength to look against the odds in the eye and perform and those who falter (applies to fans as well).

That's the fear. This franchise has faltered when put in this exact spot time and time again. Will it be different this time? Who knows, but I am curious about the fans part. This is the reality: what any fan thinks, writes, feels, posts, hopes, tweets, blogs, cheers, whines, or grumbles about has ZERO impact on the outcome of professional hockey games. Optimistic or pessimistic doesn't matter. I see a bunch of that around here. If a person takes the time to come on here and read and write about this team, they are a fan. How they express themselves is their own.

Reactions: Vilam

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Our record since the all star break is excellent. We weren't going to win out. Let's see how they play Thursday before everything turns dramatic.

We also have a four point game against CBJ coming up. After Boston, 5 of the next 6 are against teams below us in the standings and we play CBJ.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
This is a good wake up call for those who already have the Cats penciled for a wild card spot. All these guys need is a 3-5 game losing streak and they are out of the race. I think that all it takes like Boston to win three of the four games which the Cats still have on their schedule plus some misc other losses. I said in the beginning of the season that if the Panthers do make it to the playoffs, it's not going to be pretty and it's going to be by the skin of their teeth because they are just in the midst of exiting the rebuild phase.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
"Reimer should've started"

And then he has a bad game and people complain that Luongo should've started. lol

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA

And then he has a bad game and people complain that Luongo should've started. lol

Personally I would have lived with it.

Lou looked tired against the Rangers. He was slow to get on his feet after going on the butterfly. It was easy to see just by body language in the first period of THAT game.

It obviously carried to his play in this game. Slow to transition and react. And when he was down, he was completely out.

Haj

#CatsAreComing
Apr 6, 2003
Arlington, VA
Malgin shouldn't be sent down. He's earned a spot.

There no f***ing way Haley, should be in over Malgin and Mamin.

However you want to fip Malgin and Vatrano, they'd both be better playing with Mamin on the 3rd line and McGinn on the fourth.

Also, Petrovic has been better than Pykysk for the past two weeks.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013

You need to know when to rest a goalie. Lu is ancient and you could tell he was out of gas in the 3rd on Saturday. Why are we paying Reimer if the coach has zero trust in him. What we think is irrelevant, it's clear Boog doesn't have faith in him. I was fairly surprised he didn't start, weren't you? Especially with Florida's ridiculous schedule, he could've used 5 days off...

Reactions: letsgrowcactus

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Malgin shouldn't be sent down. He's earned a spot.

There no ****ing way Haley, should be in over Malgin and Mamin.

However you want to fip Malgin and Vatrano, they'd both be better playing with Mamin on the 3rd line and McGinn on the fourth.

Also, Petrovic has been better than Pykysk for the past two weeks.

Yup. Haley should be played like Thornton, not like a regular top 9 player. He brings nothing to the table other than a face to get punched.
In games where the other team doesn't have a fighter, he brings next to nothing to the forward group. We know Petrovic will drop the gloves when needed, results are probably better than Haley

We need all the depth scoring and hustle we can get. Mamin should play over him.

Reactions: letsgrowcactus

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
You need to know when to rest a goalie. Lu is ancient and you could tell he was out of gas in the 3rd on Saturday. Why are we paying Reimer if the coach has zero trust in him. What we think is irrelevant, it's clear Boog doesn't have faith in him. I was fairly surprised he didn't start, weren't you? Especially with Florida's ridiculous schedule, he could've used 5 days off...

I'm not arguing any of that, I'm just pointing out that people would've complained if we started Reimer and he didn't play well.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Yup. Haley should be played like Thornton, not like a regular top 9 player. He brings nothing to the table other than a face to get punched.
In games where the other team doesn't have a fighter, he brings next to nothing to the forward group. We know Petrovic will drop the gloves when needed, results are probably better than Haley

We need all the depth scoring and hustle we can get. Mamin should play over him.

He didnt even fight last night. So he brought nothing

Did he even hit?

Reactions: ShootIt
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->