Post-Game Talk: Thursday becomes a must win as Panthers lay egg vs Sens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Vatrano shot basically everytime he got the puck, played hard all game, Trocheck, Huberdeau and Barkov all played well. Scevior played hard, and had a couple of scoring chances. Luongo was not good, let up a goal on every scoring chance Ottawa had, MacK was pretty awful tonight as well.

Thanks.

With regards to Vatrano, you mean, in a good way?

jrockett1096

Aug 2, 2005
Miami
www.miamiestatebuyers.com
We had breakdowns but that puck that hit petrovics back and just layed in front on lu was pure luck. The goal on ekblad actually looked to hit is stick after he tryed to bat it away in the air and it ended up ahead of him on his own deflection for the Ottawa player to get the step. Then barkov who never never misses a breakaway, did. Just a very very unlucky game. Also we need our goaltenders to be in full god mode right to the end of the season. Guys like Craig Anderson cannot out goaltend us. Haley was a complete and utter non factor and never even noticed out there. I thought it was a disgrace he played over Mamin. Mamin needs to f***ing play vs Boston.

Pukboy5kroner

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
The Sens were, ultimately, opportunistic tonight. They’re still a good defensive team and Anderson was pretty solid. I’m not too down about this one.

MillarWithASave

#CatsAreComing
Dec 12, 2011
Melbourne, FL
Thanks.

With regards to Vatrano, you mean, in a good way?

For the most part yes, but I think he's a little to eager to shoot sometimes when either he isn't in position to shoot the puck or there is a better play to be made. He was really great on the forecheck and defensively tonight though. Consistently rushing up the ice to try to take the puck away.

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
I don't consider Boston a must win. We'll be decisively favored in 6 of the next 8 after that and one of the other two in that stretch is CBJ. If we take 12 in the next 9 games we have 87 with 6 games left. 93 is likely in. I don't think NJ finds 16 points in their last 13.

Last two day rest of the season here though with no travel. Best opportunity at a banged up Boston (on one day of rest with travel) of the four left.

Reactions: Pumaconcolorcoryi

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I don't consider Boston a must win. We'll be decisively favored in 6 of the next 8 after that and one of the other two in that stretch is CBJ. If we take 12 in the next 9 games we have 87 with 6 games left. 93 is likely in. I don't think NJ finds 16 points in their last 13.

Last two day rest of the season here though with no travel. Best opportunity at a banged up Boston (on one day of rest with travel) of the four left.

Yea, we just don't get to see the team in a playoff spot as early as we'd like.

But it's still there for us. We control our destiny still. Nothing has changed

Reactions: Sportpsych90

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
We have 15 games left. Plenty of hockey left. Not over reacting. We are not going to win them all.

Columbus is making the playoffs. We need NJ to get wrecked this week out west.

CatscratchFever

#CatsAreComing
Dec 11, 2002
O-hi-O
Visit site
16 absolutely has to come up clutch there, and likely turns this into 2 pts. That's what star players do, ones you count on to propel you to the postseason. Shades of the playoff penalty shot fail. He cannot shrink in these moments, we are all counting on him. I'm disappointed, and we may not recover. I see another L Thursday, and then we're a poor road team. Very worrisome.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
16 absolutely has to come up clutch there, and likely turns this into 2 pts. That's what star players do, ones you count on to propel you to the postseason. Shades of the playoff penalty shot fail. He cannot shrink in these moments, we are all counting on him. I'm disappointed, and we may not recover. I see another L Thursday, and then we're a poor road team. Very worrisome.
So Barkov carrying us for the last 2 weeks means nothing huh? This board is fickle. Luongo sucked tonight and that is the reason we lost.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
yes, he does "need" to come up clutch, but there should have been no need for him to come up clutch. They shouldn't be letting a team that is playing for nothing score 42 seconds into the game. They shouldn't be missing premium chance after premium chance while giving up goals on every single above average chance their opponent got. They shouldn't dominate the 2nd period to get back into the game and then give up a goal 42 seconds into the 3rd and give that team that is still playing for nothing life and a reason to keep pushing.

CatscratchFever

#CatsAreComing
Dec 11, 2002
O-hi-O
Visit site
So Barkov carrying us for the last 2 weeks means nothing huh? This board is fickle. Luongo sucked tonight and that is the reason we lost.

No way do I take away what he's done the last 2 months. But, the last 2 games have been poor. Including his line giving up 2 goals when we're tied with 3:00 to go. He's either hurt, or burnt out, or a shrinking violet when he's needed the most. He's my favorite Panther, I think its #1. But, he has to come through there. Has to.

Reactions: Vilam

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Ok leave 16 alone, he's our mvp. Jesus.

Anyway, we weren't going to run the table. Winnable game for sure but Lou was bad second game in a row and had some bad bounces. Was bound to happen at some point.

This team has been resilient and has showed it can win against anyone. Keep the playoff hype train going.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010

Anyway, we weren't going to run the table. Winnable game for sure but Lou was bad second game in a row and had some bad bounces. Was bound to happen at some point.

This team has been resilient and has showed it can win against anyone. Keep the playoff hype train going.
he had the big miss that stands out to everyone, but this was a team loss all the way through. Nobody did their job when it was needed most despite being the overall better team on the ice.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Yeah, Barky has been unreal recently, I don't think getting stopped on a breakaway at the end of a tough PK shift is reason to despair, or start doubting Barky. You defend Barky, yet turn around and blame Lu. What's Lu been doing the last two weeks? He's kept them in many of these recent games until they got rolling, games that they've won. He wasn't his best, but the D around him wasn't that good tonight, either.
This team has been kicking ass for two months and one off night has everyone freaking out and casting blame all around. I realize every game is important, but some of us need to chill out. Tonight's set back isn't a tragedy that is impossible to bounce back from.
I can't help but wonder if they were looking past tonight to Thursday's game against Bahstin.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
No way do I take away what he's done the last 2 months. But, the last 2 games have been poor. Including his line giving up 2 goals when we're tied with 3:00 to go. He's either hurt, or burnt out, or a shrinking violet when he's needed the most. He's my favorite Panther, I think its #1. But, he has to come through there. Has to.
I do agree though something is up with him.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Yeah, Barky has been unreal recently, I don't think getting stopped on a breakaway at the end of a tough PK shift is reason to despair, or start doubting Barky. You defend Barky, yet turn around and blame Lu. What's Lu been doing the last two weeks? He's kept them in many of these recent games until they got rolling, games that they've won. He wasn't his best, but the D around him wasn't that good tonight, either.
This team has been kicking ass for two months and one off night has everyone freaking out and casting blame all around. I realize every game is important, but some of us need to chill out. Tonight's set back isn't a tragedy that is impossible to bounce back from.
I can't help but wonder if they were looking past tonight to Thursday's game against Bahstin.
Never said Luo hasn’t been good but tonight he was reason #1 for this loss.

Great8Cam

Nov 2, 2008

Absolutely. This was on Luongo for the loss. The team didn’t help, but he sucked bad tonight.

Reactions: Kellyr

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
he had the big miss that stands out to everyone, but this was a team loss all the way through. Nobody did their job when it was needed most despite being the overall better team on the ice.

If it had been anyone else miss on a breakaway it would've just been another miss. Among plethora of others tonight.

Just because Barky is an exceptional player it shouldn't mean he should be subject to exceptional criticism. Huby went MIA for 20 games while riding the coattails of his linemates and people barely took notice... yet he and Barky get paid the same. Not a level playing field.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Never said Luo hasn’t been good but tonight he was reason #1 for this loss.
There were many scoring opportunities wasted by FL. They missed the net a lot, and were trying to be too fancy at other times. I agreed Lu wasn't at his best, but I saw guys left alone in front of him too often tonight. Even with tonight's off night, the games he's kept them in, if not outright stole, far outweigh this one off night. I do think they will need to rest him more down the stretch, they give up a lot of shots per game. I hope they don't wear him out.

Reactions: Beezeral
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad