Thurs 5/12 meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

X0ssbar

NHL, NHLPA conclude three-day session

"The topic of conversation at Thursday's meeting was not immediately known, but calculation of club payroll and the potential formation of a Competition Committee with joint player and club representation were among Wednesday's discussions.

The latest round of talks, which started on Tuesday, resulted in commissioner Gary Bettman and Players Association executive director Bob Goodenow postponing their scheduled trips to Austria for the International Ice Hockey Federation World Championship. The quarterfinals of the tournament, which features numerous NHL players, started on Thursday. "

Link

SuperDave21

Hockey Paradise
Jul 30, 2004
Scottsdale, AZ
Yes, as scheduled the pizza party with Bob and Gary is going on as planned today. There were heated debates following the ordering of the new cheeseburger pizza or stuff crust. They did decide on cheese but not extra cheese as to not hit the pizza fund ceiling. Right now hot wings are in the works but the mention of cheesy bread as also been brought up. The players want the wings the owners say they want more cheese. Only time will tell when the delivery guy will get here and how much of the luxery tip he will recieve. Stay tuned for upcoming announcements. :sarcasm:

Sorry that was stupid :) But c'mon I had to do it, I'm really getting sick and tired of hearing nothing from these two.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Sorry that was stupid But c'mon I had to do it, I'm really getting sick and tired of hearing nothing from these two.

i'd rather NOT hear anything at this point...cuz if we hear stuff it's usually the old name calling and chest beating that we've gotten so many times before

mooseOAK*

pck21 said:
Yes, as scheduled the pizza party with Bob and Gary is going on as planned today. There were heated debates following the ordering of the new cheeseburger pizza or stuff crust. They did decide on cheese but not extra cheese as to not hit the pizza fund ceiling. Right now hot wings are in the works but the mention of cheesy bread as also been brought up. The players want the wings the owners say they want more cheese. Only time will tell when the delivery guy will get here and how much of the luxery tip he will recieve. Stay tuned for upcoming announcements. :sarcasm:

Sorry that was stupid :) But c'mon I had to do it, I'm really getting sick and tired of hearing nothing from these two.
Speaking of sick and tired, the whole "they couldn't decide on what to order for lunch or who pays" shtick is getting old.

SuperDave21

Hockey Paradise
Jul 30, 2004
Scottsdale, AZ
sorry thought I'd lighten things up a bit seeing on how there is not going to be hockey for another year from what I'm hearing. But thanks anyways.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
pck21 said:

Always too funny :biglaugh: you simply have to laugh at this whole process...What kills me is that they can't meet more than a couple of times and then they have to back away from one another...If was an owner or a player, as most have already on this board said, lock 'em in a room until they come out with a deal...

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
"Most of the time was spent going over the league's Unified Report of Operations (UROs), the Levitt Report and team-by-team financial analysis."

???? What the hell??? Didn't they do this months ago??

Unless they're actually trying to define revenue now. But I really swear that they had a meeting where they went over the Levitt Report back in September.

"The good news, though, is that none of the negotiating principals are going to Austria for the world championship and the two sides will get together again on Tuesday."

NYIsles1*

The Levitt report and financial reports of each team have been available for over a year and only now this infomation is being reviewed as part of the process? Did the NHLPA finally agree to at least look at the numbers?

Why do these people need four days off between meeting again? It's not critical to be in Austria or appear before congress, there are plenty of NHL-NHLPA figureheads with time on their hands.

Kritter471

Feb 17, 2005
Dallas
NYIsles1 said:
The Levitt report and financial reports of each team have been available for over a year and only now this infomation is being reviewed as part of the process? Did the NHLPA finally agree to at least look at the numbers?

Why do these people need four days off between meeting again? It's not critical to be in Austria or appear before congress, there are plenty of NHL-NHLPA figureheads with time on their hands.

*giggles* Um... you can be thrown in jail for not appearing before Congress when subpeonead (ack, I murdered that spelling). And days off between meetings aren't necessarily going to the beach, it's often meeting amongst themselves, which eliminates the need for taking caucuses in the meetings.

The PA has had the numbers for a year and called them b.s., while the league has stood by them. Perhaps what they did is take each individually and determine where the PA believes there are discrepencies, and what the league's response is.

Trust me, books can be cooked in any number of ways. The Levitt report is obviously skewed towards the owners - they're the ones who provided the numbers to Levitt, and since it wasn't an audit (or even anything that would be fact-checked), the numbers weren't verified. The PA going through and saying "explain x,y and z" to us instead of saying "the whole thing is b.s." is improvement.

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
Only thing I dont want

JWI19 said:
There's talking numbers, defining revenue. Thats a good thing. Why they need a 4 day weekend is beyond me.

a 6 month weekend.... they've already had a few of those!

Drury_Sakic

Jul 25, 2003
www.avalanchedb.com
4 days actually makes sense..

and since Wed. and Thurs. meetings were not supposed to even ever happen..

They might as well take weekends off to cool off and let things sink in before arguing against or for it right away..

the way I see it is Friday the two sides break down whatever happend over the 3 days... Monday the tackle new concepts and ideas they might want to talk about, or look at what can be changed on existing options.....

R0CKET

Jul 2, 2004
Oh screw it!

If these jackasses really wanted to settle they could do it in 45 minutes.

After the longest stoppage in pro sport history they have already said more than enough to make thier points known and adding to more to it isn't going to change a damn thing.

IMO these so-called meetings are a huge waste of time and meaningless.

I would prefer that they be barred from flapping their gums with one another until they reach an accord. Believe me, at this point they both know how to do it and what it will take.

It reminds me of having a fight with you wife/girlfriend...I mean after awhile you just keep re-hashing the stuff over and over and over and...

Just Screw it!

not quite yoda

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I think this is positive actualy.

They were suppose to go to Austria but decided to have an extra meeting this week. They were suppose to have 2 meetings next week but decided to have 3 instead.

It's not all bad... No one was expecting an agreement anyways this week. If they met for hours and no one went at anybody's throat is a positive sign.

...baby steps...

HF2002

Aug 20, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
R0CKET said:
Oh screw it!

If these jackasses really wanted to settle they could do it in 45 minutes.

After the longest stoppage in pro sport history they have already said more than enough to make thier points known and adding to more to it isn't going to change a damn thing.

IMO these so-called meetings are a huge waste of time and meaningless.

I would prefer that they be barred from flapping their gums with one another until they reach an accord. Believe me, at this point they both know how to do it and what it will take.

It reminds me of having a fight with you wife/girlfriend...I mean after awhile you just keep re-hashing the stuff over and over and over and...

Just Screw it!
I couldn't agree more. Especially the gf/wife part.

BTW, is the rocket in your avatar one of the rockets that was recently profiled on CBC as being in a competition for new rocket designs? It looks like the one I'm thinking of (there was a Russian entrant and an American one too).

Jarqui

Jul 8, 2003
Visit site
Some time between the meetings together is not unreasonable. They find out things in these meetings and then go away to research, brainstorm, discuss and prepare for the next meeting. So I don't have a big problem with these four days or whatever. It's all the time time since '99 that the NHLPA wouldn't discuss the matter or all the time since the NHL's proposal after the cancelation that bothers me much more.

As well, it's been 15 months since Levitt offered to discuss his report. Even if they didn't trust it on the surface, to me, they had some obligation to give it some due diligence if for no other reason than to learn more about where the NHL was or more about the NHL or more about how good or bad the numbers really were.

R0CKET

Jul 2, 2004
HF2002 said:
I couldn't agree more. Especially the gf/wife part.

BTW, is the rocket in your avatar one of the rockets that was recently profiled on CBC as being in a competition for new rocket designs? It looks like the one I'm thinking of (there was a Russian entrant and an American one too).

The one I have is a Delta IV Heavy on its maiden launch. It has a really large lifting capacity that I don't beleive the Russians and others can match today. Araiane V has a pretty large capacity but I'm not certain if it get that high in payload. The 2 prime vehicle that compete are the Atlas V (Lockheeed Martin) and the Delta IV (Boeing). The 2 American companies just recently announced a plan to creat a new jointly merged Rocket Co that will be based out of Denver where LM Co is today. That should help keep the 2 US guys from competing against each other. So things are kinda in a massive state of flux/crap/whatever.

One thing about US Rockets is that they have a much higher Mission Assurance to go along with their larger price tag.

Is there some specific competition that you are thinking of?

On the CBA crap I for one am totally PO'd that it seems these guys just don't want to begin making more money ENOUGH YET to finally come to some agreement. Its like they are locked in this battle knowing that the only way they can get the gravy train rolling again is to be forced to make the other guy happy...and they just can not bring themselves to do it yet. Which is like almost all of the fights me & the little lady get into.

coppernblue

Apr 5, 2005
they shoulda just taken the same plane and negoiated on the plane
how long of a flight is it over there, 8hours?
something constructive has to happen and none of them could storm out of the meeting

xtr3mist

Mar 19, 2005
I think there would be a need for at least 1 parachute on that plane! (hopefully it would be for the pilot!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->