GDT: Thu March 29, 2018 7:00:00 PM MDT: Flames vs Blue Jackets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
They wasted a call up on Gillies. Not only is it painfully obvious he's not ready, now that Hamonic's out, they have to put in Bartkowski instead of calling up a deserving prospect like Kylington or Wotherspoon.

Oh well. Gulutzan can go back to his left-right fantasy and everyone can see what it'll be like to have Kulak (or Bartkowski) in the top four.

Giordano-Hamilton
Kulak-Stone
Bartkowski-Andersson

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Listen I don't care what the f*** anyone says, if you're destroying the opposing team in every metric available to men, you're clearly not tanking it. I fully agree not every shot even in the same location is of the same quality, but nevertheless Flames are severely outplaying the Jackets but just not scoring.

Fake news

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Listen I don't care what the f*** anyone says, if you're destroying the opposing team in every metric available to men, you're clearly not tanking it. I fully agree not every shot even in the same location is of the same quality, but nevertheless Flames are severely outplaying the Jackets but just not scoring.
Every one except the only one that matters...

Turning Mangiapanese

Jun 18, 2011
The way things have recently gone for us and for McDavid, the upcoming BoA may well end up being one of the most embarrassing games in the history of the franchise. Not watching that one sober.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
Decided to check the overall standings; the Flames are now closer to a top 10 pick than a playoff position (and there's still a chance this could be a top 10 pick even without any lottery silliness).

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Decided to check the overall standings; the Flames are now closer to a top 10 pick than a playoff position (and there's still a chance this could be a top 10 pick even without any lottery silliness).
great move Brad

I think it's important to keep in mind the context here, guys. The team has absolutely crashed and burned after the disappointment of falling out of the race. Guys who have been playing injured have been pulled from the lineup, Gaudreau left the team, and the guys that are left have an absolute dearth of motivation to go out and play at this point. It's common that a team that falls out of the race goes into a bad slide right after. Same thing happened to Dallas and the Islanders this year.

It's just like if you're a really bad team and play well down the stretch in garbage time of the year. These kind of slides, or those kind of runs, don't really affect how close a team was to the playoffs.

Reactions: Vali Maki Sushi

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane

Some serious homer glasses then. We got shitty quality shots, whiffed on a few grade A chances, but we never seriously outplayed them. At all. All 20K at the Dome with me last night agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad