OT: Three Cheers For Garret9

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
First Frolik, then Stempniak, now Garret. Nice talent evaluation, Chevy! :sarcasm:

Best of luck to you, Garret, and thank you for all your contributions to HF Jets. On a personal level, thanks for teaching me a new way of watching and analyzing this beautiful game. :)

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Best of luck to you, Garret, and thank you for all your contributions to HF Jets. On a personal level, thanks for teaching me a new way of watching and analyzing this beautiful game. :)

Ditto. Even though all the various stats oftentimes confuse me and cause flashback nightmares of stats class at University.:huh:

antiqueslivers

Apr 16, 2015
yeah have to echo the thanx to Garret for helping me enjoy the game at another level. Also to be honest that goes out to the whole HF community, thanx fellas!

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone
The magic words to summon Garret from any dark corner of the internet...

"Based on intangibles, plus-minus, and the infallible eye test, obviously signing Enstrom was a huge mistake for the Jets. We need more heart and soul players who play with grit, like Stuart.

p.s. put Buff back on forward."

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Now if the Caps do badly next season some here with an axe to grind will say it's Garret's fault

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I heard our Jets Forum was getting a new stats guy to break things down next season.

9terrag. Heard he's real good with +/-

HFJets posters need to refrain from any posting any useful analyses or insights now that we know Garret lurks here and works for our enemies.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
FYI: I'm not working for Caps exclusively... That's all I can say.

Yeah I seem to recall you mentioning that you did work with a couple of teams a while back. Obviously the Caps are the only one to date that your officially allowed to mention working with.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
I heard our Jets Forum was getting a new stats guy to break things down next season.

9terrag. Heard he's real good with +/-

That's him. The guy with the avatar of a christmas hat wearing a Burmistrov.

Bon chance, Garret9! I've learned lots from reading your stuff. Hopefully the Jets do indeed find ways to set aside that deep-set conservative streak, and become first movers, evolutionary thinkers, cup winners.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Congrats! We'll definitely miss your intense graphs and analysis.
Are you still going to like the Jets as a team? :naughty:

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Looks like we may eventually be able to peddle Dano and Petan to the Caps for a premium. :party:

So, what is it that you're actually doing? Watching video and categorizing it into statistics @ the AHL level? Or is it taking available statistics and providing a spin on it?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad