Thoughts on Kostitsyns

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Roke said:
I watched the whole game against the US (unfortuneatly it's the only game involving Belarus that I've watched) and I've seen probably 5 or 6 Bulldogs games this year.

He played very well in the game at both ends of the ice (however i did see him cost near/outside his own blueline waiting for a breakaway pass which was dissapointing.) When he played on the penalty kill he was generally in position (I remember one kill where his 3 team-mates were chasing the puck and he was the only guy remotely in position which was, well scary) so his defensive play has obviously improved. Everyone comments on his great shot, which he does posess but the concern I have is he misses the net way too often (both in the AHL and in the game). I don't know whether it's because he has piss-poor accuracy or because he's trying to pick the corner (the latter is what I think he is doing) but he has to get that great shot on net more than he has.

As for his potential,there's no way I'd label him a future franchise player however, if everything goes perfectly and there is a very small possibility of him reaching that title. He's a future 1st/2nd liner or bust in my oppinion because if he can't crack the top 2 there's nowhere else in the lineup to play. Personally, I don't believe Andrei will be a bust but that's still a possibility.

About the players taken after him that are better, there are a couple who I would have considered taking at this point (with hindsight). Obviously, Zach Parise is one of those and Jeff Carter is another but I think I'd stick with Kostitsyn because of the raw skills I"ve seen and hope he turns into a gem.

I agree, often his shots end up going wide. He's got a cannon of a shot, it's heavy with a quick release, but accuracy he doesn't have. I'd also add he takes off too many shifts where he just doesn't work as hard as he can. But I will say his defensive game has improved a lot, since seeing him play in the RSL last year, then again when your coach is Doug Jarvis one of the better all time defensive forwards, one would think he could work with Kostitsyn and help him improve his play in his own end.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
ciggyboy said:
So you agree with him so that makes it right. LOL
Well when the majority of respected posters start agreeing with us then you would have to assume that Kastitsyn doesn't have the potential that you guys seem to think he has.

Habitantpeasoup

Jul 5, 2004
Za Great White North
Jason MacIsaac said:
Well when the majority of respected posters start agreeing with us then you would have to assume that Kastitsyn doesn't have the potential that you guys seem to think he has.

Hey thats fine but I tend to listen to scouts & real hockey people, then posters .
You never know on this board if your getting honest opinions or **** from the fact posters are bias towards their teams & hateful to others.
That being said I know their are alot of posters that hate the Habs & it reflects on their opinions about their prospects. So by you saying that a number of respected posters are agreeing on something doen't mean **** to me because after all your
your just people who are not professionals in the field. I have two eyes, two ears & a nose just like you & and I too am not a professional judge of hockey talent but IMO watching all these prosects mentioned numerous times I feel Kostitsyn has the highest upside, now his chances of realizing it might be a bit lower then a guy like carter realizing his, but if they both reach their highest potential I feel Kostitsyn will be a better player IMO. thats something you never added in your "because hes right" post. You seem to think that your a opinion means more to us or something and that what you say is right and thats, that. I guess you feel that were inferior unrespected posters so what we say doesn't mean anything because we haven't made a gazillion posts like you, but maybe this forum compensates you for your feeling of inferiority in the real world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad