Thoughts on Adrian Kempe

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Kempe will be an important piece as Blake moves the Kings towards a more speed and skill oriented lineup. He isn’t a “top six” player in the traditional sense but all the good teams have skill and speed on their third line. I think Kempe will be a big part of the Kings getting to that point.

Reactions: Sol

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Kempe will be an important piece as Blake moves the Kings towards a more speed and skill oriented lineup. He isn’t a “top six” player in the traditional sense but all the good teams have skill and speed on their third line. I think Kempe will be a big part of the Kings getting to that point.

100% with proper ice time and deployment Kempe will only improve. He has the speed, strength, and hands. All important attributes.

Ghetty Green

Apr 7, 2018
amazing so far in wch. great skills, super fast and works really hard. not sure why you guys are trying to force him into a bottom 6 c, he is a legit top 6 talent. he can be as good as rakell and zibanejad.

You must be new here. All of our older players are washed up and all of our young guys are busts. Please stick to the narrative

Reactions: 2-4 Slashin
Jul 31, 2005
CA
Iafallo-Kempe-Lewis would be a tremendous 3rd line. Develop Kempe slowly, injuries or slumps you can move him up in the top 6. Kempe reminds me of Robert Lang, if the Kings mess with Kempe with dumb ice time or trade him now they will regret it. The kid has talent, if he sucks at face offs in the defensive zone then don't let him take face offs in the defensive zone. Maximize his talents rather than focusing on the one thing he doesn't do well and hold him back because of that.

Reactions: lumbergh

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Iafallo-Kempe-Lewis would be a tremendous 3rd line. Develop Kempe slowly, injuries or slumps you can move him up in the top 6. Kempe reminds me of Robert Lang, if the Kings mess with Kempe with dumb ice time or trade him now they will regret it. The kid has talent, if he sucks at face offs in the defensive zone then don't let him take face offs in the defensive zone. Maximize his talents rather than focusing on the one thing he doesn't do well and hold him back because of that.

You don't think Kempe would serve well on wing along side Carter OR Kopitar?

Reactions: TruKingFan

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

That's exactly what was happening earlier this season and you were complaining about it.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
You don't think Kempe would serve well on wing along side Carter OR Kopitar?

Carter wouldn't get Kempe the puck, he'd shoot it himself, and rightfully so. Carter and Kempe on wing with a playmaker in the middle would be a different story.

Kopitar I'm not sure about. He thrives on the o-zone possession game while Kempe is more of an open ice kind of guy. I think his play is absolutely suited for someone like Iafallo, I remember them being really effective the few times they were paired. I think there was a preseason game where they were really good together (flanking Amadio maybe?)

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
He's only 21. He just had a pretty remarkable rookie season, especially given the role of being #2 center for the first 50 games. His point totals were pretty close to Toffoli and Pearson those 50 games and they both got PP time and Kempe didn't. Kempe has the ability, shot and speed to be top 6 now and should be. He should also get PP time. He's produced on Team Sweden on the PP.

He should add another 10 lbs of muscle...looks like he can add 15, but just adding some muscle will give him more of a power game too. Consider when Brown, Kopitar, and even Doughty got bigger, their games actually went down somewhat. Have heard all of them lost a few pounds and were actually better...its about conditioning and not bulking too much...slows players down often just a fraction of a second and that makes a difference today.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Two primary assists for Kempe in today's game against Latvia. He also had an unfortunate giveaway as a result of a broken stick that led to a Latvia goal.

Thus far in 8 games, Kempe has compiled 1 goal and 6 assists. He still continues to suck at faceoffs though.

Reactions: KingTrouty

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad