Movies: Thor: Ragnarok

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I like Marvel movies, but I am not sure what to think of this one. I have never been a fan of Thor, and the 2nd was a bit too much for me. To each his own, of course, but I don't feel as connected to the Thor movies

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Cate Blanchett's Hela is the hottest chick in the MCU. :nod:

Right after the Scarlet Witch.

giphy.gif

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
So before this turns into a "babe thread" let's all be shocked that Marvel selected handsome male and beautiful female actors for their movies....

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
I'm not a big fan of Thor, but this sold me. Justice League looks crap in comparison.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
So before this turns into a "babe thread" let's all be shocked that Marvel selected handsome male and beautiful female actors for their movies....

I'm sick of Marvel movies using the female body to sell tickets! :rant:

images

Anyway, now that I'm reminded of some other super hot MCU babes, yeah, theres plenty of competition.....but I have a bit of a goth thing and a bit of a **** thing, so.....:nod:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Damn, the teaser already has over 5 million more views than the full Justice League trailer (Marvel Entertainment vs Warner Bros Youtube channels). :amazed:

Last edited:

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
Again, Thor movies are trash compared to the rest of the MCU (especially Cap America movies) but this looks like its gonna be next level

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Don't know if it was mentioned in the thread, but the fact that this movie's directed by "What We Do In The Shadows" co-creator/director Taika Waititi bodes real well for the comedy factor. That movie was fantastic.

I was pretty surprised when I heard he was doing this movie, but yes, What We Do in the Shadows was fantastic. He doesn't have much experience (at all lol) doing blockbusters so we'll see how this works out however.

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
looks 10x better than the upcoming Spider-Man flick. Hopefully Marvel starts churning out more top tier flicks like GotG and the last 2 Cap films, and less "meh" stuff like the previous Thor films, most recent Iron Man, Dr. Strange, Ant Man, Avengers AoU, etc. Hopefully they're dialed in from here on out.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
looks 10x better than the upcoming Spider-Man flick. Hopefully Marvel starts churning out more top tier flicks like GotG and the last 2 Cap films, and less "meh" stuff like the previous Thor films, most recent Iron Man, Dr. Strange, Ant Man, Avengers AoU, etc. Hopefully they're dialed in from here on out.

I think the reason the hits work so well is because of those other films building the world.

Yeah the previous Thors were 'meh', but that is kind of the reason why this one looks so great....because now they know what doesn't work.

Some installments will be better than others but they all play a part.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
I was pretty surprised when I heard he was doing this movie, but yes, What We Do in the Shadows was fantastic. He doesn't have much experience (at all lol) doing blockbusters so we'll see how this works out however.

have you seen hunt for the wilderpeople? Another very good one by him (he also directed some episodes of The Inbetweeners/Flight of the Conchords).

His other movie, Boy, is also pretty highly rated but I've never seen it. He's ace so far in his career.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad