Movies: Thor: Ragnarok

Phileeguy

Sleep with one eye open tonight, bird.
Oct 7, 2010
Philly
Hulk's got a very WC orc vibe going on with that armor. Then again, throw any muscular green guy in that style armor and chances are you're going to get that.

Also, that shield Thor is rocking in the arena kinda reminds me of Cap's with the blue coloring in the middle and red on the outside, with the non-painted areas standing in for white.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
It was rumored they were going to incorporate Planet Hulk into this movie. I can't wait to see how they did it.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Can't wait!

I am a bigger Spider-Man fan, but Spider-Man isn't new. This is definitely my most anticipated MCU film since Civil War. It looks really, really good.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Between the music choice and the Planet Hulk aesthetic, seems like there's a pretty decent Guardians of the Galaxy influence on this. Makes sense that this is a more cosmic-scale movie.

Hope there isn't too much going on in this one. This trailer didn't mention Dr. Strange or the hunt for Odin at all. The plot seems very busy.

anlongo13

Aug 6, 2014
Ottumwa, IA
Was not expecting that sort of trailer at all. I didn't think they would go as "dark" themed as the second Thor movie, but this almost looks like an action-comedy. Seems pretty light-hearted for a storyline as big as Ragnarok.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Between the music choice and the Planet Hulk aesthetic, seems like there's a pretty decent Guardians of the Galaxy influence on this. Makes sense that this is a more cosmic-scale movie.

Hope there isn't too much going on in this one. This trailer didn't mention Dr. Strange or the hunt for Odin at all. The plot seems very busy.

It looked like Thor was taken to Xandar from what I could tell.

Was not expecting much and was still reasonably impressed.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Why is it taking like four more years to make this movie compared to the others?

If I remember off the top of my head, Spiderman and Guardians of the Galaxy II come out before this one. And don't forget that Captain America II and III, and Iron Man III all came before this too.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Smart of them to shift Thor into something a little lighter and humourous and interface with the Guardians of the Galaxy vibe.

The first two Thor movies were depressing, and it's hard to meld the "realistic" MCU fare with the more science-fiction/cosmic context so might as well not try to take it too seriously.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Yep. I think this is the best way to handle live action Thor. Way better to go campy like Guardians of the Galaxy rather than mellow dramatic like Man of Steel.

IMO anyway. Comics are stupid fun. Comic book movies shouldn't be much different.

Love Immigrant Song for it though. Perfect choice. Such a great trailer!

Nurmagomedov

Apr 13, 2015
Smart of them to shift Thor into something a little lighter and humourous and interface with the Guardians of the Galaxy vibe.

The first two Thor movies were depressing, and it's hard to meld the "realistic" MCU fare with the more science-fiction/cosmic context so might as well not try to take it too seriously.

This type of feel fits Chris Hemsworth a lot better as well, IMO. Still cautious as the first two Thor movies were bad but i guess cautiously optimistic.

ResilientBeast

Proud Member of the TTSAOA
Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton
giphy.gif

mikee

Jul 6, 2016
I just can't get over how awesome the cast is for this movie.

Blanchett, Hopkins, Elba, Goodblum, Thompson, Ruffalo, Cumberbatch, Del Toro, Hiddleston, Urban, Neill... all in supporting roles... in a Thor movie.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada

This movie will probably still be pretty dark. A lot of grim stuff happens if Asgaard is getting wiped out. They'll probably just balance it better with the humorous moments.

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
I wouldn't say the first two Thor movies were bad, but they were bland and non memorable. With the genre being so saturated, that's just as bad though.

This looks like a fun ride, and fits Marvel's tone a lot more. I agree that this fits Chris Hemsworth a lot more than being stoic and serious.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->