Thomas Vanek

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Moskau said:
In terms of goal scoring, there's probably no other prospect with an upside as big as Vanek. Not even Zherdev.

The only problem is, it's very unlikely he reaches it.
and you then bash every habs fan that say that kostitsyn was the 2nd best offensive player taken in 2003 :shakehead

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Kryoptix said:
and you then bash every habs fan that say that kostitsyn was the 2nd best offensive player taken in 2003 :shakehead
Unlike those Hab fans, youll never hear stuff like "Vanek is a definite 60 goal scorer".

MANY scouts said Vanek was the best pure goal scorer in the draft, Many said Zherdev was. I'll take their word over Woodlief who isn't even employed as one anymore.

And I don't think Vanek will reach his potential, as I said.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
i'd be *extremely* surprised to see ovechkin match kovulchuk's scoring prowess. kovulchuk is one of the best pure scorers to come along in a long time and he's torn it up from day one and keeps getting better.

for ovechkin to match that...well it's not impossible but as skilled as he is, i'd say it's unlikely...just my opinion. kovulchuk has established himself as a rare and exceptional talent, the type that doesn't come along very often. i'd be amazed if ovechkin not only matched his scoring but was a more complete player

i'd see ovechkin as a very good scorer and solid all around player, but kovulchuk will always be the better pure scorer...just a feeling

AvengerK

Mar 9, 2004
Cal Poly, the good 1
The dude asked if he should go with Hemsky or Vanek. That's it. That's all he wanted to know. Unfortunately, I don't know the answer. However, this thread is digressing from the point.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Moskau said:
Unlike those Hab fans, youll never hear stuff like "Vanek is a definite 60 goal scorer".

MANY scouts said Vanek was the best pure goal scorer in the draft, Many said Zherdev was. I'll take their word over Woodlief who isn't even employed as one anymore.

And I don't think Vanek will reach his potential, as I said.

Its good to see a Sabres fan with a realistic idea of Vanek's upside. As far as potential, Vanek is full of it. However, questions of attitude and commitment are what are going to be his downfall. His upside is Jagr/Hossa. However, he's downside is Brendl.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
mdoak said:
Its good to see a Sabres fan with a realistic idea of Vanek's upside. As far as potential, Vanek is full of it. However, questions of attitude and commitment are what are going to be his downfall. His upside is Jagr/Hossa. However, he's downside is Brendl.
I'm certainly pumped we have a bonefide potential offensive superstar, but at the same time I can't help but feel he won't even be as good as Satan at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad