Thomas Beauregard

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
probably because he "only" had 46 points the first he was eligible. the next season he only played 5 games and in the last draft when it was he's last chanse of getting drafted he had 88 points. thats not enough to get you drafted when you are 2 years older the everyone else.

he had a solid 06/07 season with 124 points, and scored 71 goals. i bet someone takes a chanse and signs him.

MikeC44

Sep 18, 2003
Moncton, NB
Visit site
probably because he "only" had 46 points the first he was eligible. the next season he only played 5 games and in the last draft when it was he's last chanse of getting drafted he had 88 points. thats not enough to get you drafted when you are 2 years older the everyone else.

he had a solid 06/07 season with 124 points, and scored 71 goals. i bet someone takes a chanse and signs him.

The year he only played 5 games was because of an ACL injury.

Like you said, someone will give a 70 goal scorer a chance.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
On the QMJHL board there's a thread about him and it says that his agent has had talks with a couple NHL teams. I think the stars and habs were two of them.

Sam I Am

Jul 23, 2003
Visit site
Here's a previous thread which is of interest.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=368062&highlight=beauregard

I dug this out of the archives:

Times & Transcript
Older brother inspires Acadie-Bathurst sniper
By NEIL HODGE
Times & Transcript staff
Published Tuesday January 30th, 2007
Appeared on page B5

Thomas Beauregard never had to look far to find his role model.
The Acadie-Bathurst Titan star right winger has always looked up to his older brother with admiration. It inspired him to see that David-Alexandre Beauregard never gave up his dream and still went on to play professional hockey despite an accident that left him with one eye.

David-Alexandre was a star left winger for the expansion Moncton Alpines during their first season in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League in 1995-96. Now a 10-year veteran in the pros, the 31-year-old is playing this season for the Tulsa Oilers of the Central Hockey League.

``My brother is my idol," said Beauregard, who currently sits second in the QMJHL scoring race with 60 goals and 100 points in 49 games. ``When I was young I watched him play all the time. I was there when he had his accident and when he came back he was still unbelievable playing with one eye. I get a lot of motivation from him. He's proof that anything is possible."

David-Alexandre split his four-year QMJHL career between Moncton, the St. Hyacinthe Lasers, Hull Olympiques and Shawinigan Cataractes. Moncton picked him up from St. Hyacinthe in the 1995 expansion draft. He had 61 points, including 34 goals, in 41 games with Moncton before getting traded to Hull part way through the 1995-96 season. It was the season before with St. Hyacinthe that he lost an eye after getting clipped with a high stick.

He was an 11th round pick of the San Jose Sharks in the 1994 National Hockey League draft. He has put together an impressive career in a variety of minor pro leagues in North America. ``I've always been close to my brother and following his career in junior and the pros," said Beauregard. ``I still talk to him often and he's always supporting me. I look at everything he's accomplished despite the accident. I get a lot of inspiration from him. He's really amazing."

Beauregard, a second-round pick in the 2002 QMJHL draft, is a fifth-year veteran. He was limited to just five games in 2004-05 due to a knee injury and that could be part of the reason he's not NHL drafted. The Montreal native could've spent this season in the professional ranks. The Norfolk Admirals of the American Hockey League offered him a two-way contract, but told him he would most likely spend this season in the East Coast Hockey League.

Beauregard talked to several people, including his brother, to get their advice on whether he should accept that offer. The 20-year-old decided it would be better for his development to return for his final season of QMJHL eligibility. ``Hopefully, I made the right choice," he said. ``My dream is to play in the NHL. It was a big disappointment not to get drafted, but I've moved on. I'm working hard every day to get better. ``This has been unbelievable really what's happening this season. I'm working hard and having fun. I scored 50 goals in 39 games so hopefully I'll get noticed by someone in the pros."

Acadie-Bathurst, 27-20-1-2, and the Prince Edward Island Rocket, 25-18-2-5, are tied for fourth in the Eastern Division. They're 11 points behind the third-place Cape Breton Screaming Eagles.

The Titan will face the Halifax Mooseheads tomorrow at 7:30 p.m. at the K.C. Irving Regional Centre.

Beauregard had a goal-scoring streak of 11 games, the longest in the QMJHL this season. The 5-foot-11, 185-pound youngster is now on pace to finish the 70-game regular season with 84 goals and 140 points.

Titan head coach John Chabot expects to see him get invited to an NHL training camp next season. ``I've had scouts asking me about him," said Chabot. ``He's putting a lot of pucks in the net. Any time someone is scoring goals at this pace no matter what the level, you have to give them a look.

``The NHL has changed so much in the past couple of years. I think the biggest thing for Thomas is that he missed (the 2004-05 season) with a bad knee injury and people were probably waiting to see how he would recover from that."

Beauregard had 88 points, including 46 goals, in 69 games last season. ``He's a much more efficient player in every aspect of the game this season," said Chabot. ``He's more physical. We use him on the penalty kill. He's more reliable on the ice. He understands the game better and what it's going to take to get to the next level. ``Sometimes you wonder what the scouts really want in a player. You look at the players in the NHL and not everybody is the most efficient and most fluid skater. They're just effective and Thomas right now is very effective.

``We've had a few NHL scouts call to ask about his attitude and work ethic. They asked if I think he can play pro. There's no reason why he can't. He's going to get better. Some guys are late bloomers. Those guys are there and it's up to the scouts to find them."

Beauregard feels like he's undergone a makeover. ``I'm a completely different player compared to when I was 17 or 18," he said. ``Now, I can play defensively. I can score. I can hit. I'm a more complete player and I'm more mature. I'm confident that I'll get invited to an NHL training camp next season."

The Titan head coach offered this when asked about Beauregard's biggest asset. ``I think it's his willingness to get involved in the play," said Chabot. ``I think he's opened a lot of eyes that way. Last season, he was more known as a fringe player. Now, he's putting himself into situations on the forecheck to be more physical and help create turnovers. ``He finds ways to get himself open with the puck on his stick for good scoring chances."
(Times & Transcript)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad