Thomas Beauregard signs AHL contract

________

Feb 6, 2006
Kings were the other, at least by a report earlier on, sucks since I wanted the Stars to sign him.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
He may have been an overager last year but he's a talented player nonetheless. I hope he can contribute immediately to Hamilton's success and who knows where he'll end up down the road.

Amen evil king

Apr 11, 2004
I openly admit I know **** all about the relationship between AHL and NHL contracts/amateur try outs and all that stuff, but if there are 4 NHL teams trying to sign this guy, why on earth does he choose to sign with an AHL team? Does this signing have any implications on a possible NHL contract for Beauregard?

Rise from the Ashes

Price defies corsi
Sep 13, 2005
Pointe-Claire, QC
I openly admit I know **** all about the relationship between AHL and NHL contracts/amateur try outs and all that stuff, but if there are 4 NHL teams trying to sign this guy, why on earth does he choose to sign with an AHL team? Does this signing have any implications on a possible NHL contract for Beauregard?

Yes, reason probably being that he grew up a Canadiens fan and it is difficult to hand out contracts because of the 50 contract rule. Therefore even though he had other offers he chose to take an AHL contract with the Habs and prove he is worth an NHL contract. By signing the AHL contract he can play in the AHL and ECHL; it also does not officially count as property of the Canadiens.

BIG GIFS

Apr 29, 2004
Maybe he wants to play in Montreal later?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

If your on an AHL contract you can't play in the NHL and no team owns your NHL rights if you are a FA. So any nhl team can sign Beauregard, but if he gets sent to the AHL he has to be sent to Hamilton. If he plays well then he'll likely get a contract from the Habs as they have done in the past with other FA CHLers like J-P Cote, Olivier Michaud, Andre Benoit, James Sanford, Francis Lemieux and Cedrick Desjardins. Nothing to write home about other then depth in the AHL but we'll see how Beauregard adjusts to the pro game, should be fun to see him next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad