THN Draft Preview is out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
For those interested, I got mine Thursday at Le Point Vert in Montreal and there were at least 6 copies left after I took mine. It's on St-Laurent street.

As of Thursday, there were still a few spots still waiting to receive their copies.

As for the suggestion to release the list elsewhere: extremely lame. It's not even 5 bucks, for chrissakes.

PS: When I took it home, I started reading it on the bus and one guy sitting not far from me, probably thinking this was a singles mag or something equally weird and pathetic, told me, pointing at Lauri Tukkonen: She's ****ing hot, call her! :eek: :banghead:

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
Vlad The Impaler said:
As for the suggestion to release the list elsewhere: extremely lame. It's not even 5 bucks, for chrissakes.

i guess it would cost me 15 bucks to get it and i don't even know if i could find a store in germany where i could buy it. but i'll try nevertheless. :)

BrettNYR

Mar 26, 2004
Vlad The Impaler said:
PS: When I took it home, I started reading it on the bus and one guy sitting not far from me, probably thinking this was a singles mag or something equally weird and pathetic, told me, pointing at Lauri Tukkonen: She's ****ing hot, call her! :eek: :banghead:
:banghead: I feel bad for you, that you have to be exposed to such idiots in your town.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
zecke26 said:
i guess it would cost me 15 bucks to get it and i don't even know if i could find a store in germany where i could buy it. but i'll try nevertheless. :)

At that price, you might be better off getting a draft guide by mail. Either RedLine or ISS or whatever.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Anyone else annoyed that instead of putting their #1 ranked prospect on the cover, THN decided that the Flames just had to be on yet another cover? Of course, they attempt to justify this by making the focus an article about the importance of drafting in building a franchise, which makes the cover doubly stupid when you consider that Calgary's franchise player was drafted by Dallas, their starting goaltender by San Jose, and their top defenseman by Colorado.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Epsilon said:
Anyone else annoyed that instead of putting their #1 ranked prospect on the cover, THN decided that the Flames just had to be on yet another cover? Of course, they attempt to justify this by making the focus an article about the importance of drafting in building a franchise, which makes the cover doubly stupid when you consider that Calgary's franchise player was drafted by Dallas, their starting goaltender by San Jose, and their top defenseman by Colorado.

Perhaps they should change their focus from drafting well to scouting others amateur players well... :dunno: :lol

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
Epsilon said:

Well, I seem to remember they've done the same thing several times. At this stage of the season, they usually put the teams that go head to head for the Stanley Cup. Last year I think they had Giguere on the cover.

I don't think THN is much interested in coverage that isn't NHL-based, unfortunately. Plus I must admit, it is THE big showdown of the hockey year as far as I'm concerned. I think the timing of their draft issue just doesn't permit any other alternative.

Coverage of the Stanley Cup is more important than any draft could ever be, IMO. The latter is just a mean to get to the former.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Vlad The Impaler said:
Well, I seem to remember they've done the same thing several times. At this stage of the season, they usually put the teams that go head to head for the Stanley Cup. Last year I think they had Giguere on the cover.

I don't think THN is much interested in coverage that isn't NHL-based, unfortunately. Plus I must admit, it is THE big showdown of the hockey year as far as I'm concerned. I think the timing of their draft issue just doesn't permit any other alternative.

Coverage of the Stanley Cup is more important than any draft could ever be, IMO. The latter is just a mean to get to the former.

Perhaps they should consider making the "Draft Issue" a special bonus issue they release in addition to the usual weekly "news issue", in a way similar to the special editions SI occasionally releases.

JakeK

Jun 27, 2003
Helsinki, Finland
The THN draft preview is out in Finland as well. I bought my copy from Suomalainen Kirjakauppa in Helsinki center if anyone is interested. So far I haven't seen it anywhere else.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
I picked up a copy today and I highly recommend getting one. It's a very good read and really loaded with information and articles with a minimum of fluff.

Usahockeyfan12

Jun 1, 2004
question

I havent found a THN in ann arbor yet, but I am a fan of the USA Hockey program.... Im new to this whole posting thing but I was wondering if any of our NTDP prospects made the list....

BrettNYR

Mar 26, 2004
Usahockeyfan12 said:
I havent found a THN in ann arbor yet, but I am a fan of the USA Hockey program.... Im new to this whole posting thing but I was wondering if any of our NTDP prospects made the list....
Welcome to the boards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->