This years rookies

Status
Not open for further replies.

henrik0080

Sep 23, 2004
Which three rookies from each team has a legitmate shot at making the NHL this year?

I'm not asking for one person to come up with the answers to my questions, just figure people would list the top rookies from their favorite team.

Last edited:

Habs4Life

Aug 29, 2003
Saint John, NB
this is the second post from you that involves alot of work..
Why not post what you think first instead of expecting answers?

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Emery, Kaigorodov, Meszaros, i'll also throw Eaves in there in case Kai isnt signed.

PS you dont need to write so huge and in color.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Isles are trying to sign R. Nilsson and Nokelainan.

Nokelainan-Isles want his defensive play and size up the middle.

Nilsson-despite his inconsistent play,they remain intrigued over his offensive skill.

Campoli/Gervais-Milbury's indicated that one of the ahl d-men will make the nyi roster.

Hedberg

MLD Glue Guy
Jan 9, 2005
BC, Canada
Three with the best chances on each team (having played under 25 games)

Anaheim: Corey Perry, Ryan Getlzaf, Mark Popovic
Atlanta: Kari Lehtonen, Braydon Coburn, Karl Stewart
Boston: Hannu Toivanen, Mark Stuart, Brad Boyes
Buffalo: Thomas Vanek, Jason Pomniville, Paul Gaustad
Calgary: Dion Phaneuf, Brent Khran, Eric Nystrom
Carolina: Cam Ward, Andrew Ladd, Magnus Kahnberg
Chicago: Brent Seabrook, Rene Bourque, Matt Ellison
Colorado: Peter Budaj, Wojtek Wolski, Brett Richardson
Columbus: Alexandre Picard, Gilbert Brule, Dan Fritsche
Dallas: Antti Mietinen, Junior Lessard, Dan Ellis
Detroit: Niklas Kronwall, Johan Franzen, Jiri Hudler
Edmonton: Matt Greene, Robbie Schremp, Brad Winchester
Florida: Anthony Stewart, Lukas Krajicek, Filip Novak
Los Angeles: Denis Grebeshkov, Richard Petiot, Yanick Lehoux
Minnesota: Patrick O'Sullivan, Mikko Koivu, Matt Foy
Montreal: Yann Danis, Tomas Plekanec, Chris Higgins
Nashville: Ryan Suter, Timofei Shiskanov, Libor Pivko
New Jersey: Zach Parise, Aleksandr Suglobov, Matt Demarchi
NY Islanders: Petteri Nokelainen, Sean Bergenheim, Bruno Gervais
NY Rangers: Henrik Lundqvist, Jozef Balej, Maxim Kondratiev
Ottawa: Ray Emery, Andrej Meszaros, Brandon Bochenski
Philadelphia: Jeff Carter, Mike Richards, Antero Nittymaki
Phoenix: Keith Ballard, David Leneveau, Randall Gelech
Pittsburgh: Sidney Crosby, Colby Armstrong, Marc-Andre Fleury
San Jose: Milan Michalek, Marcel Goc, Doug Murray
St. Louis: Trevor Bryne, Jason Bacashihua, Mike Glumac
Toronto: Carlo Colaicovo, Kyle Wellwood, Michael Tellqvist
Tampa Bay: Gerard Diclaire, Evgeni Artukhin, Mike Egener
Vancouver: Kevin Bieksa, Alex Auld, Kirill Koltsov
Washington: Alexander Ovechkin, Maxime Ouellet, Eric Fehr

Guys who would make it if they come over:
Jussi Jokinen (Dallas)
Alexander Peregozhin (Montreal)
Jarkko Immonen (NY Rangers)
Alexander Kaigorodov (Ottawa)
Evgeni Malkin (Pittsburgh)

HockeyCritter

Dec 10, 2004
I don't think we'll see Fehr in Washington this season . . . . . but as far as rookies (or players with extremely limited NHL experience) I think you'll see

Ovechkin
Ouellet (is he still considered a rookie)
Aulin
Morrisonn
Eminger
Semin
Gordon
Laich
Cutta
Yonkman (if he manages not to break something before the season starts)

Plager05

Mar 17, 2002
Sewers
Visit site
St.Louis: Top 3: Mclement, Bacashihua, Woywitka. Others: Lynch. Shkotov and Zakharov I think will be in camp, so if they outperform the scrubs we will inevitably sign they might make it.

NYIschremp44

Oct 25, 2003
NYC
Habs4Life said:
this is the second post from you that involves alot of work..
Why not post what you think first instead of expecting answers?

really getting sick of posts like this one from guys like this! if you don't like the idea of the thread...skip over it!

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Hercules Rockefeller said:
Ilya Bryzgalov is a guarantee to play in Anaheim. Unless he really craps out and Eddie Ferhi somehow beats him out.

Well Eddie Ferhi is a UFA...so maybe Bouthillette will challenge Bryz for that backup spot :propeller

damoose212001

Jan 16, 2005
Pittsburgh
Wingman said:
<BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZIT!>

Crosby, Malkin, Whitney

PS: Fleury is not a rookie, played in the NHL last year.

I actually think Fleury is a rookie. Didn't play 25 games, therefore I think he's still considered a rookie.

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
Jozef Balej, Alexandre Giroux and Maxim Kondratiev will most certainly play for NYR. Jarkko Immonen and Lundqvist will likely fight for spots, 'cause its high time they come over.

Other guys that will probably get a shot and be re-assigned to the AHL include Hugh Jessiman, Dominic Moore, Blair Betts, Marc Staal and David Liffiton. Something also tells me that if Petr Prucha is not at training camp, he will never play in North America.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
BobMarleyNYR said:
Jozef Balej, Alexandre Giroux and Maxim Kondratiev will most certainly play for NYR. Jarkko Immonen and Lundqvist will likely fight for spots, 'cause its high time they come over.

Other guys that will probably get a shot and be re-assigned to the AHL include Hugh Jessiman, Dominic Moore, Blair Betts, Marc Staal and David Liffiton. Something also tells me that if Petr Prucha is not at training camp, he will never play in North America.

Tyutin is technically a rookie too, I believe

Larry Fisher

Sep 19, 2002
Kelowna, B.C.
WOW what a crop of rookies. This year is going to be so exciting with everyone on different teams and all these young guns emerging...hell if the new rules even work to half of what the league hopes...us as fans are in for a real treat.

As far as my Oilers go:

1) Jani Rita = He's still a rookie and is signed to a one-way contract if memory serves correct. If he comes back over from Finland he makes the team on a short leash and is finally given an opportunity to play decent minutes with decent linemates. I say there's an 80 per cent chance he is back and in the lineup opening night.

2) Matt Greene = Hasn't officially signed yet, but it is expected to be announced anyday now. With Woywitka and Lynch gone to St. Louis, Greene becomes our best prospect on the backend and the scouts have been saying he is pro ready for years, so he is guaranteed a long look at camp. Depends if Cross is moved on whether he makes the team...right now he's behind Pronger, Smith, Staios, Semenov, Bergeron, Ulanov and then there's Cross as #7. I say Cross goes Greene and Ulanov split duties as #6. 50 per cent chance he is in the lineup on opening night and 80 per cent chance he is in the lineup by Christmas.

3) Brad Winchester = Winny's chances of making the team are similar to Greene's. It depends if room is made on the right side and the most likely candidate to go would have to be Georges Laraque. If Laraque is moved for a pick or futures, Winny has a spot on opening night. I'd love to see him on a "Piss and Vinegar" line with Torres and Peca. That would be SWEET. 50 per cent chance of him being in the lineup on Oct. 5 against the Avs and 80 per cent chance he forces the Oilers hand in trading Laraque/Dvorak/Pisani by the Olympics or the trade deadline to make room.

4) Robbie Schremp = As of today the Oilers don't have that #1 center they coveted heading into this short and stellar off-season. Anyway you slice it Peca is a #2 guy at best. Schremp is not better than Peca today, but his offensive instincts certainly are and he would improve the PP drastically. Him and Pronger on the points or Schremp on the sideboards would look great. However, I don't think he's in the plans for this year and unless he absolutely blows everyone away at camp, so much so that Smytty's mullet flies at 90-degrees, I don't see him sticking around. 50 per cent chance we keep him for the 10 game trial so he gets the feel of what's ahead of him at the next level.

5) Mathieu Roy/Danny Svret = If what's rumoured to be a done deal in Greene leaving North Dakota to turn Pro falls through, these two guys would likely be battling it out with Cross to see who deserves the #7 spot. Right now they both have about 1% chance of dawning the Oil Drop on opening night.

League-wide this year's crop of rookies is like never before...I guess partially because it is two crops combined into one, but still great things to look forward to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->