This years Benoit Pouliot

turnbuckle*

His name is David Perron of the Lewiston Maineiacs
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=95960
I don't think he will go in the 1st round but 2nd in the Q in rookie scoring. I say 3rd round or late 2nd round of 07 draft. What your thoughts on him?

Good call. We're keeping a close eye on him at McKeen's, and he's really impressed thus far this season. Not a surprise to see him in CSB's top five in the Q based on his play thus far. You may even see him draw some interest early in the second round, but it's too early to say. I'll talk specifically to the scout who's seen him on several occasions and get a couple of quotes from him. I do know he's climbing McKeen's charts.

BTW - We're going to be doing monthly rankings in McKeen's Draft Digest starting in January. Lots of work, but fun too. The monthly draft digest (12 or more pages) will only cost $6.99. We're trying to keep it as low as possible so everyone can afford it. We'll keep you updated here, feel free to pm me if you're looking for more info.

turnbuckle*

I'm getting some differing opinions on Perron.

Everyone agrees he has talent, and is the top prospect on Lewiston, but ther are concerns with some scouts on his skating.

"Skating's a problem," noted one scout. "I think he's a helluva junior - good hands and instincts. He's good on the power play, but he's very weak, weak on his skates. Maybe he gets drafted in the fourth or 5th round. If he gets stronger he could be a third rounder."

A couple of scouts at McKeen's are less concerned about his skating, and his impressive start to the season has him slated as a possible second round selection.

So - looks like he might go in the top three rounds if his skating shows progress before season's end.

Hope that's of some help to you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad