This Thing Could Go To March or April

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy Lunatic

Wouldn't surprise me at all. How many "last weeks" have we been through with these clowns? I see no reason that this is the last week. Nobody cares about the integrity of a season. The owners would probably accept a 15 game season starting in mid march or even a tournament that starts in April or May. I'm really hoping Bettman just cancels the season tomorrow. This isn't comming from being angry or bitter, I'm just tired of all this garbage. I can't believe that its come to this, but seeing an announcement that the season is cancelled will actually bring a smile to my face.

sveiglar

Feb 27, 2002
Crazy Lunatic said:
I can't believe that its come to this, but seeing an announcement that the season is cancelled will actually bring a smile to my face.

Until you realize that that almost assuredly will put us in the same situation in 10 or 11 calendar months.

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
Crazy Lunatic said:
Wouldn't surprise me at all. How many "last weeks" have we been through with these clowns? I see no reason that this is the last week. Nobody cares about the integrity of a season. The owners would probably accept a 15 game season starting in mid march or even a tournament that starts in April or May. I'm really hoping Bettman just cancels the season tomorrow. This isn't comming from being angry or bitter, I'm just tired of all this garbage. I can't believe that its come to this, but seeing an announcement that the season is cancelled will actually bring a smile to my face.
If they didnt cancel, you'd come crawling back.

They all would.

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
futurcorerock said:
If they didnt cancel, you'd come crawling back.

They all would.

Crawling? On bloody stumps, with oozing sores and jagged, compound fractures? You think?

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
Cancellation eliminates any sense of urgency until about November-December, through January-February 2006. I'm not personally looking forward to an environment in the nine-month interim in which neither side feels much pressure to begin to compromise.

I'd be shocked if the parties are having serious talks in April. To what purpose? Deadlines lead to breakthroughs in negotiations, and in the absence of a deadline, the parties will break off talks.

bladoww

Team of the Future
Jan 13, 2005
I love the people that say (upon voicing your opinion by bashing this whole situation) something to the effect of "you would come back to the game with your tail between your legs" if the game resumed.

Well DUH, of course we would, that's why we are here in the first place, because we love the game and miss it. I have yet to read a post where someone has said "I hate hockey, I'm never going to watch it again." At this point, I personally HATE the PA. Bottom line is that the PA actually acknowledge that the league is sick, and that a cap would be good for the league (Bill Guerin said this via ESPN), yet we find ourselves in this F'd up situation. I totally despise the PA right now. Thats just how I feel. That doesn't mean I wont be watching hockey when it comes back. They are awesome players with a ton of talent, but when it comes to this whole negotiation, that's just how I feel. The players need to wake up and smell the coffee and get back to reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->