OT: This needs to be the next Leaf goal song.

Shimso

Oct 9, 2011
Virtually anything would be better than the existing goal song.

Alcorn

May 15, 2011
Don't know if you already know or not, but this is actually the Marlies' current goal song. It would be a great song for the Leafs too, so it's good to know that MLSE is at least aware of it.

lordsithis

Jul 25, 2010
Don't know if you already know or not, but this is actually the Marlies' current goal song. It would be a great song for the Leafs too, so it's good to know that MLSE is at least aware of it.

I had no idea--been having a hell of a time trying to catch games on TV.

-DeMo-

Nov 12, 2006
Huntsville Ontario
I hate how the league has gone to the style it has, chicago's and our song last year what was it? the only way to go is rock. the Hey song is still the best goal song I've ever heard.

Apr 1, 2010
We need one like this, best goal horn/song ever.

WAsn't that th e song last year?

Or something close to it.

YOu want Rock let's go old school...

Can't beat "Welcome to the Jungle" by GnR.

Unfortunately the song is wasted early on in most games.

What about MAster of Puppets? Seems fitting for this organization. :laugh:

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
I hate how the league has gone to the style it has, chicago's and our song last year what was it? the only way to go is rock. the Hey song is still the best goal song I've ever heard.

Chelsea Dagger really started the trend of "We just ****ing scored so you should feel like **** for it" trend. Really in your face annoying. Now a lot of them have ooohhsss or bababa type things. Personally I like this trend.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
I like our goal song and I enjoy the trend of catchy music that teams use for goal songs now. It gets the crowd singing and jumping while sticking in your head whether you like it or not. As much as everyone would like their AWESOME METAL SONG or SICK ROCK MUSIC, most of the songs people post don't work. I love Metallica but really? Master of Puppets as a goal song? No. Entrance music is a different story, it can be any of those but goal songs last at most 30 seconds so it has to be something quick and punchy.

Apr 1, 2010
I like our goal song and I enjoy the trend of catchy music that teams use for goal songs now. It gets the crowd singing and jumping while sticking in your head whether you like it or not. As much as everyone would like their AWESOME METAL SONG or SICK ROCK MUSIC, most of the songs people post don't work. I love Metallica but really? Master of Puppets as a goal song? No. Entrance music is a different story, it can be any of those but goal songs last at most 30 seconds so it has to be something quick and punchy.

Did you listen to the first 30sec of master of puppets?

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Did you listen to the first 30sec of master of puppets?

Yes. A bunch of distorted guitars with no easy-to-cling-onto hook and no vocals would be an absolutely god-awful goal song. If the goal song is going to have no vocals, it should atleast have an instrumental hook that's catchy (a la Zombie Nation, the old Leaf goal song). Leafs tried to use a bunch of angry guitars as a goal song once when they used a rock version of Zombie Nation (which nobody even realized because all it sounded like was a BUNCH OF DISTORTED GUITARS) and everyone wanted it changed. If there's even a part of MoP that could be used, it would be the chorus right as soon as Hetfield starts singing - atleast people would be able to grab onto that as the goal horn's going off.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2010
Yes. A bunch of distorted guitars with no easy-to-cling-onto hook and no vocals would be an absolutely god-awful goal song. If the goal song is going to have no vocals, it should atleast have an instrumental hook that's catchy (a la Zombie Nation, the old Leaf goal song). Leafs tried to use a bunch of angry guitars as a goal song once when they used a rock version of Zombie Nation (which nobody even realized because all it sounded like was a BUNCH OF DISTORTED GUITARS) and everyone wanted it changed. If there's even a part of MoP that could be used, it would be the chorus right as soon as Hetfield starts singing - atleast people would be able to grab onto that as the goal horn's going off.

So you don't think the opening 30sec would amp up a team that just scored a goal?

YOu want something easier for the fans to sing along with?
Maybe somehting with the Horns already in it?

I'd rather Master of Puppets.

Last edited:

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
So you don't think the opening 30sec would amp up a team that just scored a goal?

YOu want something easier for the fans to sing along with?
Maybe somehting with the Horns already in it?

I'd rather Master of Puppets.

Anaheim - Bro Hymn - "Whoaaa-ohh-ohh-OHH-ohh-ohh!"
Boston - Zombie Nation - 'nuff said.
Calgary - Barbra Streisand - "A-whoa-ohh-ohh-ah-oh-Barbra Streisand!"
Chicago - Chelsea Dagger - 'nuff said.
Detroit - Hockeytown - "Whoa! Hockey town! etc etc.
Los Angeles - I Love LA - "I love LA! We love it!"
Minnesota - Crowd Chant - "Whoa! Oh-wha-ah-ah-oh!"
Nashville/New Jersey/Pittsburgh - Rock N' Roll Part 2 - 'nuff said
San Jose - Modified version of Rock N' Roll Part 2 - 'nuff said
Winnipeg - Hell Yeah - "Gimme a hell! Gimme a yeah!"

See how Master of Puppets DOESN'T fit in there at all? Try to file Master of Puppets under the system I just did? What part of that opening 30 seconds can the crowd latch onto and go along with? Nobody in the crowd is going to be singing "duh-duh-duh-duh-duh-duh". MoP would work as an entrance song, no more than that.

Why do people seem to forget that goal songs are meant to elicit happiness? Yeah, nothing better to get the crowd feeling good then Master of Puppets. Right.

Apr 1, 2010
Anaheim - Bro Hymn - "Whoaaa-ohh-ohh-OHH-ohh-ohh!"
Boston - Zombie Nation - 'nuff said.
Calgary - Barbra Streisand - "A-whoa-ohh-ohh-ah-oh-Barbra Streisand!"
Chicago - Chelsea Dagger - 'nuff said.
Detroit - Hockeytown - "Whoa! Hockey town! etc etc.
Los Angeles - I Love LA - "I love LA! We love it!"
Minnesota - Crowd Chant - "Whoa! Oh-wha-ah-ah-oh!"
Nashville/New Jersey/Pittsburgh - Rock N' Roll Part 2 - 'nuff said
San Jose - Modified version of Rock N' Roll Part 2 - 'nuff said
Winnipeg - Hell Yeah - "Gimme a hell! Gimme a yeah!"

See how Master of Puppets DOESN'T fit in there at all? Try to file Master of Puppets under the system I just did? What part of that opening 30 seconds can the crowd latch onto and go along with? Nobody in the crowd is going to be singing "duh-duh-duh-duh-duh-duh". MoP would work as an entrance song, no more than that.

Why do people seem to forget that goal songs are meant to elicit happiness? Yeah, nothing better to get the crowd feeling good then Master of Puppets. Right.

Why should the #1 franchise of the NHL want to be different?

Ya let's try to conform to the lesser teams. :shakehead

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Why should the #1 franchise of the NHL want to be different?

Ya let's try to conform to the lesser teams. :shakehead

:laugh:

Yes. You're right, I concede. The Leafs should chose an unsuitable goal song because the right goal songs are only picked by conformists.

I can't wait to see the audience at ACC get so amped up when they hear a thrash metal drum beat and 30 seconds of nonstop down-picking on the E string.

i1

Nov 10, 2011
Newfoundland
Beginning at :19 (eventually everyone would learn to go 'hey! hey! hey!')

Or better yet, bring back Kernkraft 400!

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
WAsn't that th e song last year?

Or something close to it.

Are you talking about the Leafs? This is last year's goal song:

Its not even as bad as people act, its pretty good. A lot of crowd chanting.

We need to bring back Heave Away though, our two home win songs should be:

and

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
A bunch of The Black Keys songs have great riffs for a goal song.

the squared circle

Aug 3, 2005
Maple Leaf Gardens
Am I the only one who doesnt want any song at all when we score? I hate that gimmick. The song we have now is terrible and embarassing. And I wasnt a fan of Heave Away either.

Yes I am old, and get off my lawn too :wally: :yo:

Hyperglide

Sep 20, 2011
Ontario, Canada
We should think outside the box and get a dubstep song as our next goal song.. :sarcasm: The kids would love it! :naughty:

Anywho I nominate Freefall or Ghouldiggers by Ministry. Need some Industrial up in the ACC not this crappy rock stuff.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->