This Lockout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattiboy13

Feb 4, 2005
Even though i believe that the chance of a season is extremely slim.

Doesnt anyone else believe that if these 2 sides to not at least speak in the next two days, its officially over.

I mean at least show the public that your trying to make something work, besides just staying in your offices and being stubborn. :madfire:

Crazy Lunatic

No, I can see this thing going on for 2 or 3 more weeks at least before Bettman cancels the season. This week is no more critical than the last 8 weeks have been. For the last 2 months, every single week was seen as a drop dead week. The season is already dead as far as I'm concerned.

robcav

Mar 9, 2004
It's been over for quite some time, it is all a matter of posturing to make each sides case before the NLRB stronger.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
if the players would be willing to play into July this is not as over as we all think.

robcav

Mar 9, 2004
The players could play thru August but the NHL must come off its salary cap/linkage proposals.

Motown Beatdown

Need a slump buster
Mar 5, 2002
Indianapolis
Visit site
go kim johnsson said:
if the players would be willing to play into July this is not as over as we all think.

I think Chelios said it best...

Chris Chelios said:
"They don't have to get the playoffs in by the end of June," 42-year-old defenceman Chris Chelios told the Detroit News.

"There's nothing going on except baseball. The arenas are empty. As long as the fans and vendors get their fix, that's good enough for me. We'll do whatever they tell us."

EricBowser

Dec 8, 2003
Pittsburgh, PA
Visit site
Why is it, "owners have to get off linkage/cap"?

Maybe the players should get off the luxury tax

Listen, both sides are to blame for coming out throwing the "never" word and once the season is cancelled without a deal, you can bet the owners will be asking themselves if they should have tried the luxury tax offer and you'll have a ton of players thinking they will never recoup the money lost or offered.

A soft cap at $38 million and hard cap at $50 million should be more than enough to show both sides compromised. Owners started this lockout wanting a $31 million hard cap, by having a maximum of $50 million, players were given a possible $570 million in additional earnings.

Bettman and Goodenow are to blame for this mess by saying NEVER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->