This Is Why The NHL Is Dead/Lemieux under attack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lil' Jimmy Norton*

Jan 31, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
This Is Why The NHL Is Dead

When you have the Trent Klatt's of this league calling Lemieux and Gretzky liars in the media you know it's over. If you think ugly was February 16th wait until you see complete and total devastation. The NHL is GONE gang, we should find another league to follow or hope a new league evolves maybe a new WHA maybe a World League. There will never be any give by either side on this ever.

Toronto Star Article Today by Ken Campbell:

"When asked why Lemieux would say that he was told the players would be making an offer, Klatt said, "I don't know, maybe to create turmoil, to get guys to question us. They know for a fact that we weren't coming with a new proposal and for them to assume we were, someone gave them some bad information or they're throwing something out there for the sake of throwing something out there. That's them dropping information in the media trying to get us to do something."

pacde

Dec 9, 2004
Do you have a link to that? If thats legit, its a real embarassment to the players of today.

ti-vite

Jul 27, 2004
Wasnt Trent Klatts contract a few years back recognized as one of those super inflators for a 3rd-4th line guy?

Anybody remember that contract and when it was?

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
That's a head shaker for sure.

The players asked Lemieux and Gretzky to the meeting and now their intentions are being questioned?

These type of comments are only driving the two sides further apart.

SENSible1*

Klatt would rather call two of the greatest hockey players and former PA bretheren LIARS rather than face the reality of Goodenow's dispicable backstabbing of those legends.

The fact that he has a voice on the executive is frightening.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dadof5boys

May 25, 2003
Murfreesbo Tennessee
Visit site
Chuck Shick said:
When you have the Trent Klatt's of this league calling Lemieux and Gretzky liars in the media you know it's over. If you think ugly was February 16th wait until you see complete and total devastation. The NHL is GONE gang, we should find another league to follow or hope a new league evolves maybe a new WHA maybe a World League. There will never be any give by either side on this ever.

Toronto Star Article Today by Ken Campbell:

"When asked why Lemieux would say that he was told the players would be making an offer, Klatt said, "I don't know, maybe to create turmoil, to get guys to question us. They know for a fact that we weren't coming with a new proposal and for them to assume we were, someone gave them some bad information or they're throwing something out there for the sake of throwing something out there. That's them dropping information in the media trying to get us to do something."
Is anyone really suprised by this :banghead:

Lil' Jimmy Norton*

Jan 31, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
Klatt's comment once again proves that this PA is so misguided, uninformed and soon to become extinct. Hold on for the ride PA because your going down in a flaming wreckage. I didn't think this PA rhetoric would continue after February 16th however it has been cranked up even more. Its so incredibly disgusting to have to read ,watch or listen to. I can't for the life of me understand what is plan B for the PA ???? Its like throwing gasoline on a house fire....and no one from the PA will have the stones to say enough is enough and that is why they will cease to exist.

Lil' Jimmy Norton*

Jan 31, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
Injektilo said:
Um, he does say it's possible someone gave them bad information.....

I just don't see why he makes this comment..its really disgusting that he does it with complete belief and that is the reason the NHLPA is finished. Not in touch with reality and they truly believe that the gravy train will continue. Pat Boutette, ex Leaf, had a great comment yesterday on the Leafs lunch on MOJO 640 "The PA will look back on this 10 years from now and say one word to themselves...."WHY"

Mountain Dude

If anyone still sides with the PA, they're very, very stupid.

Injektilo

Feb 3, 2005
Taiwan
well yeah, it was a stupid and insulting thing to say to two guys like that, but I think it is possible that there was some miscommunication over who was going to present what.

Either way he still shouldn't have said anything.

Lil' Jimmy Norton*

Jan 31, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
Klatt is a bottomfeeder and so damn lucky that this league has 30 teams. For him to come out and say this is a clear demonstration of the PA's arrogance. They are done....they just don't want to face the reality that they are done.

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
Anyone notice all these guys come from the same team? Mechanics of the UHL.

Oh wait, same team where their new coach got himself fired for issuing bounties.

They are all an f'n joke. Screw 'em.

bling

Jun 23, 2004
Mountain Dude said:
If anyone still sides with the PA, they're very, very stupid.

Let's take a step back here. Who actually invited Mario and Wayne? It was the Owners group who did so at the behest of the NHLPA. So logically it would seem that the NHL Owners group said to Mario and Wayne. "The NHPLA is ready to cave and has asked that you there to witness it or perhaps even lend some credence to the proceedings." Now to me that is the bad info that those guys recieved.

Who is then responsible for misleading Mario and Wayne? Sounds like the NHL Owners group to me!

Trent Klatt was correct in saying they were misled.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
bling said:
Let's take a step back here. Who actually invited Mario and Wayne? It was the Owners group who did so at the behest of the NHLPA. So logically it would seem that the NHL Owners group said to Mario and Wayne. "The NHPLA is ready to cave and has asked that you there to witness it or perhaps even lend some credence to the proceedings." Now to me that is the bad info that those guys recieved.

Who is then responsible for misleading Mario and Wayne? Sounds like the NHL Owners group to me!

Your kidding right? Both Mario and Wayne said that the players invited them and told them that a new offer would be on the table.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
bling said:

Yes...

And if I change history or make up facts like you I can prove points as well.

Maybe I can even be the next Brooks....

bling

Jun 23, 2004
Lou is God said:
Your kidding right? Both Mario and Wayne said that the players invited them and told them that a new offer would be on the table.

Interesting take...the way I heard it was that the players were asked who else they wanted to attend the meeting and they said Wayne and Mario. The NHL did the actual inviting at the NHLPA's behest.

As it was the NHL Owners group who called the meeting, it was understood by the NHLPA that the Owners who would be presenting an offer.

Lil' Jimmy Norton*

Jan 31, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
bling said:

Lemieux's Quote:

"The only way that Wayne and I would have gotten involved is because we believed there was a new proposal coming from the Players' Association," Lemieux said. "We were told by some of the players we were talking to that there would be a new proposal on the table at the $45 [million] level."

Would you like to restate ?

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
bling said:
Interesting take...the way I heard it was that the players were asked who else they wanted to attend the meeting and they said Wayne and Mario. The NHL did the actual inviting at the NHLPA's behest.

As it was the NHL Owners group who called the meeting, it was understood by the NHLPA that the Owners who would be presenting an offer.
From whom or where?? Who are you, Eklund? Sorry man, but it pisses me off when people throw this stuff out there without one single thing to back them up.

bling

Jun 23, 2004
Chuck Shick said:
Lemieux's Quote:

"The only way that Wayne and I would have gotten involved is because we believed there was a new proposal coming from the Players' Association," Lemieux said. "We were told by some of the players we were talking to that there would be a new proposal on the table at the $45 [million] level."

Would you like to restate ?

To be "told by some of the players" is nothing more than heresay and presumption on Mario and Waynes part. I have no doubt that a lot of rumor and innuendo was flying in the time frame of Wednesday thru Saturday of that fateful week.

Because they were led to believe that the players were going to make a proposal does not mean they were told that by the NHLPA negotiating committee. It is just as likely to have come from the NHL Owners group based on their own inaccurate and arrogant assumptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->