GDT: This is the GDT

dogbazinho

May 24, 2006
Fairfax, VA
I'd say miniscule improvement, which that appears to be, is no improvement, which in reality is worse than getting worse. We've seen time and time again the path to success is quickly backwards then rapidly forwards. Be more like a parabolic wave and less like a slowly creeping up line wave.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
this season loks very different if Darling were playing like a starting nhl goaltender.

I disagree. He is playing like one (minus those two bat-shit crazy flubs) behind a defense that limits a ton of shots but then gives up an A+ chance every period. I don't think most goalies stop any more than he is. I think that is why every goalie we've brought in over the last three years looks like crap here. It is the way we play in front of the goalie that is the main problem, not the goalie.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
I'm doubtful it would amount to much, but I wonder what kind of impact Stempniak would have on this team had he been playing this year. He's a guy that put up 40 pts with us last season, that's a pretty big subtraction to this team. Adding Williams probably fills his gap. So the Williams acquisition probably equates to no gain due to the loss of Stemp.

TVR solidifying the third pairing has been solid. Keeps from us having to ice Dahlback on a nightly basis. But overall it doesn't really improve our team by that much.

Kruger is doing nothing to benefit this team at the moment.

So looking at those 3 we only get to see a slight improvement on our overall roster. Which leaves us with Darling he's truly the only guy that was setup to have a big impact on our team this year to push the needle forward. This move was very much a 50/50 shot to improve the team and right now it's on the failure side.

While we made some acquisitions this year it's clear that it's not nearly enough to put us over the playoff hump. Maybe having Stempniak be able to play and then gaining Williams as well would have made some impact.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
I disagree. He is playing like one (minus those two bat-**** crazy flubs) behind a defense that limits a ton of shots but then gives up an A+ chance every period. I don't think most goalies stop any more than he is. I think that is why every goalie we've brought in over the last three years looks like crap here. It is the way we play in front of the goalie that is the main problem, not the goalie.

That + the way the team plays with the leads are my main complains about Peters.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I think that is why every goalie we've brought in over the last three years looks like crap here. It is the way we play in front of the goalie that is the main problem, not the goalie.
When you bring in 3 career backup goalies in a row, can you really be surprised when they end up playing like career backups when they're in?

Our mistake was thinking these backups could handle the added pressures and workload of an everyday goalie.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
I disagree. He is playing like one (minus those two bat-**** crazy flubs) behind a defense that limits a ton of shots but then gives up an A+ chance every period. I don't think most goalies stop any more than he is. I think that is why every goalie we've brought in over the last three years looks like crap here. It is the way we play in front of the goalie that is the main problem, not the goalie.

This. The team plays like a bunch of pansies infront of whomever, regardless of who they get on the roster.

This is why I keep saying its an organizational failure. They've changed goalies again and again, they've upgraded the D, got some good young forwards, yet same results year after year.

This team needs an abusive father figure as a coach, one who is sadistic enough that they fear his wrath in the locker room more than they fear their opponents pushback after getting the lead, and crave his praise like you would that of a drill sergeant after long stretches of senseless torment.

And they need a ruthless GM. RF did a good job blowing up a shit team and building a servicable young corps, but now we need a killer to make good deals to get good players.

And an owner with balls and dollars.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
See the highlighted option below my avatar. Im on my phone, so I’m not sure if it would be in a different place on desktop.

892F5DA0-B295-4E72-9A9B-FEDC7909B722.png

On another note, how do I change my username?

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009

I disagree. Lack isn’t even in the league anymore. That’s how bad he is. Khudobin is back on one of his runs right now but had been mostly in the AHL or terrible for the last 2-3 years. Justin Peters was always butt. The only way you could get any read on it is if Cam went somewhere else.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I disagree. Lack isn’t even in the league anymore. That’s how bad he is. Khudobin is back on one of his runs right now but had been mostly in the AHL or terrible for the last 2-3 years. Justin Peters was always butt. The only way you could get any read on it is if Cam went somewhere else.
Does that speak more to how bad Darling isn't, or how awful our talent scouts are for goalies.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm

Khudobin in the AHL while in Anaheim is no discredit to him as he had Gibson and Andersen ahead of him. Ward would have been in the AHL under the same circumstances.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad