Speculation: This is now the trade thread.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Hockey has some really bizarre, confusing rules & regulations.

It's the AHL's rules, and it's to benefit the CHL. They're to keep 18 and 19 year olds from leaving their clubs when drafted.

Technically it's possible that they could all play for the Wolves in the playoffs next season.

edit: and this season as well (once their CHL playoffs are done - CHL playoffs usually start 3rd week of March, AHL playoffs start 3rd week of April so unless their teams make it to the 3rd round they're available)

Last edited:

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
It's the AHL's rules, and it's to benefit the CHL. They're to keep 18 and 19 year olds from leaving their clubs when drafted.

Technically it's possible that they could all play for the Wolves in the playoffs next season.

edit: and this season as well (once their CHL playoffs are done - CHL playoffs usually start 3rd week of March, AHL playoffs start 3rd week of April so unless their teams make it to the 3rd round they're available)

Forgot about the CHL getting a guy who's way too old and good to stay to help ticket sales, my bad. You would think the NHL cleared that up now because zero doubt some time in the AHL playing a teams system would do wonders for many guys who are 20 years old and have been playing mostly 16-18 year olds. With the rules in mind I think Glass is a lock and Suzuki depends on his progress. Seems Hague would get a shot but we have already signed too many defenders since I'll assume we will come to terms with Shea on a fair deal for both sides. If Hague gets a shot then maybe Brannstrom stays in Sweden or gets to AHL since they can put him there even though he might be close to ready for NHL.

Nice problems to have I suppose

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Forgot about the CHL getting a guy who's way too old and good to stay to help ticket sales, my bad. You would think the NHL cleared that up now because zero doubt some time in the AHL playing a teams system would do wonders for many guys who are 20 years old and have been playing mostly 16-18 year olds. With the rules in mind I think Glass is a lock and Suzuki depends on his progress. Seems Hague would get a shot but we have already signed too many defenders since I'll assume we will come to terms with Shea on a fair deal for both sides. If Hague gets a shot then maybe Brannstrom stays in Sweden or gets to AHL since they can put him there even though he might be close to ready for NHL.

Nice problems to have I suppose

It's just as well because they'd burn a year off their ELC.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Listening to guy on SXM this morning. In his opinion, Vegas is the most likely landing place for EK65. They have picks and are willing to take on Ryan's contract. Now, whether it'll be at the draft or perhaps at he NHL Awards (in Vegas) or a bit earlier, time will tell.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Listening to guy on SXM this morning. In his opinion, Vegas is the most likely landing place for EK65. They have picks and are willing to take on Ryan's contract. Now, whether it'll be at the draft or perhaps at he NHL Awards (in Vegas) or a bit earlier, time will tell.

I think if we get EK (with Ryan), coupled with Tatar, that means we only attempt to keep Perron and let Neal walk, who might be more expensive.

I think I'm okay with that, as while Neal has been injured Perron has looked amazing to me recently, even when he isn't scoring. Constantly setting up plays, working hard and causing so many turnovers as he doesn't give up out there.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016

Ottawa has tons of cap room now, teams can make them eat a portion of it to dump Ryan. I'd be very leery as any team, even one with room to take Ryan at full price because imagine if #68 doesn't sign? Then that has become a monumentally poor trade unless he delivered a Cup winning run. If you are stuck with Ryan until 22 and he's only costing around $5m it's a bit more palatable, still not great.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
I'd imagine a lot of conditions on picks included in deal based on re-signing EK65. E.g., 2020 1st if signed, 2021 2nd otherwise.

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
I want Neal back. He's never been fast and always had great hands. He has been sorely missed while he's been out. Tatar cannot fill his shoes and is a good bottom six guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->