GDT: This is a GDT. There are many like it, but this one is ours. Knights @ Kings | 7:30

How many picks would you give up for Tomas Tatar?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mundyc3

May 17, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
Still good to see Kings no where in this picture. **** the Kings

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180226-222938.png
    Screenshot_20180226-222938.png
    182.5 KB · Views: 22
Reactions: Frolov 6'3

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Last 5 minutes aside, that was one flukey goal against and Quick stood on his head when he had to.

Good thing Tatar is coming in tomorrow night because the top line will be exhausted. I think Theodore is good to go as well.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
So, I'm willing to call the Reaves experiment a fail. I was never a fan though so he had a short leash with me. I just don't see him ever contributing anything to us except penalties.

Hal 9000

Nov 19, 2016
You simply cant play 2 periods plus OT with only one line and tossing out the other 6 forwards seemingly at random. Some bad giveaways, an own goal, Tuch was a beast - albeit snakebitten, Quick was very good. Not the best outting for Reaves, but first game with new team. Let's hope Neal is OK.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Mod Warning: This is one of the most well behaved team boards on the side. Let's keep it that way. Personal attacks may get lost in the stream on the main boards but we're not gonna tolerate it here. You can debate without resorting to personal attacks.

EDIT: I think some either didn't read this or don't think I'm serious. Keep your disagreements free of personal attacks.

Last edited:

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Full-Metal-jackett.gif

this is what happens the next time someone takes a dumb penalty late (goes with the GDT)

or not. Coach Gallant didn't even seem angry after the game. In fact, if he's irked he's hiding it really well because he said he loved their effort last night, praised Quick and mentioned the incredible flukey goal. I've never seen such a player's coach before. He's pretty optimistic even after a frustrating loss this late in the season. You can see why they play so hard for him!

Puckstop40

Aug 23, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
So, I'm willing to call the Reaves experiment a fail. I was never a fan though so he had a short leash with me. I just don't see him ever contributing anything to us except penalties.

Agreed. He's a type of player that will be phased out as scoring depth is much more important than a goon, especially in this league.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
I’ll go the other way. An agitator can make a huge difference in playoff hockey. Kesler is an evil mastermind who causes opponents to get unhinged. Kassian turned the Sharks series around for the Oilers. All it takes to make a difference is to make opponents stutter a little bit while making a play, thinking, “Am I going to get crunched?” - especially if they’re already nursing an injury or two.

This will also let the skill guys focus on their jobs, and help them play bigger. Don’t judge a guy by his first game.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I'm pro-enforcer, for sure.

Doesn't necessarily have to play every game, or fight in every game he plays, but there's a spot for a player like that on most teams rosters.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Reaves skating isn't good enough to make that impact. If it was, the Pens would've kept him. The reason they traded for him in the first place was the liberties teams were taking with Cindy, Malkin & Letang. Turned out, he wasn't a fit there at all.

However, the reason I was against the trade has nothing to do with Reaves. It was about helping a Cup contender improve when we are legitimate contenders ourselves. We didn't need Reaves or a 4th bad enough to make that deal.

Reactions: KnishOfTheCrease

Hal 9000

Nov 19, 2016
Reaves skating isn't good enough to make that impact. If it was, the Pens would've kept him. The reason they traded for him in the first place was the liberties teams were taking with Cindy, Malkin & Letang. Turned out, he wasn't a fit there at all.

However, the reason I was against the trade has nothing to do with Reaves. It was about helping a Cup contender improve when we are legitimate contenders ourselves. We didn't need Reaves or a 4th bad enough to make that deal.
Calling Crosby "Cindy" is just plain stupid. And, we shouldn't deal with someone in our division or conference because we might face them in the playoffs, and now we're worried about trading outside the conference? Really, let's not worry about the Pens until we get to the finals. That said, If the finals are Vegas Vs. Pittsburgh, and Pitts wins, you can give me the "I told you so".

Boris Zubov

May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Calling Crosby "Cindy" is just plain stupid. And, we shouldn't deal with someone in our division or conference because we might face them in the playoffs, and now we're worried about trading outside the conference? Really, let's not worry about the Pens until we get to the finals. That said, If the finals are Vegas Vs. Pittsburgh, and Pitts wins, you can give me the "I told you so".

I'm sure he's been called worse. Clearly, I'm not a fan. Unless you're his family member, don't take it too personally. It's just sports.

In the conference or not, what's the difference if Brassard went to Pitt or to Winnipeg? We didn't need to get involved. Now that the Jets turned around & dealt for Stasny, you can argue we would've been better off with Brassard going there.

The trade was dumb. In my mind, there's no defending it.

hangman005

Face for Radio, Voice for Silent Movies
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Mod Warning: This is one of the most well behaved team boards on the side. Let's keep it that way. Personal attacks may get lost in the stream on the main boards but we're not gonna tolerate it here. You can debate without resorting to personal attacks.
Should I add this to our VGK historical firsts thread? If I’m not mistaken this is our first mod warning on these boards :nod:

Hal 9000

Nov 19, 2016
I'm sure he's been called worse. Clearly, I'm not a fan. Unless you're his family member, don't take it too personally. It's just sports.

In the conference or not, what's the difference if Brassard went to Pitt or to Winnipeg? We didn't need to get involved. Now that the Jets turned around & dealt for Stasny, you can argue we would've been better off with Brassard going there.

The trade was dumb. In my mind, there's no defending it.

Anyway, I think it been noted that McPhee wanted Reaves regardless, going the three way deal just allowed us to get him without giving too much. You can bash the trade but to claim that you don't like it because it helps Pittsburgh is silly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I’ll go the other way. An agitator can make a huge difference in playoff hockey. Kesler is an evil mastermind who causes opponents to get unhinged. Kassian turned the Sharks series around for the Oilers. All it takes to make a difference is to make opponents stutter a little bit while making a play, thinking, “Am I going to get crunched?” - especially if they’re already nursing an injury or two.

This will also let the skill guys focus on their jobs, and help them play bigger. Don’t judge a guy by his first game.

That's the problem, I've seen Reaves play other games too.

Kesler brings a **** ton more than just physicality. He wouldn't agitate players so much if he was just an enforcer. If they went out and got a Kesler, I would be impressed.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
Don’t make me cue up “We’re All In The Same Gang” by the West-Coast All-Stars, homies.

If Reaves doesn’t work out, I’ll eat my hat*, but he’s just an extra body at worst.

As for helping Pittsburgh, I agree with those who would worry about that after we’ve lost the Final to them.

We gained Reaves and Tatar, and lost Leipsic, and that’s decent. Management added.

*nacho hat

Boris Zubov

May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Anyway, I think it been noted that McPhee wanted Reaves regardless, going the three way deal just allowed us to get him without giving too much. You can bash the trade but to claim that you don't like it because it helps Pittsburgh is silly.

I don't like the trade for several reasons. It didn't help us in a hockey sense. And it helped a fellow contender. You liked it, I get it. I respect your opinion. Respect mine or ignore my posts. Cool?

Reactions: hangman005

hangman005

Face for Radio, Voice for Silent Movies
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
I don’t like it for several reasons. It helps Pittsburgh We saved Ottawa money Reaves isn’t the player we need and to play him only makes our team worse and Brasard is far more valuable to us in Winnipeg than in Pittsburgh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->