Things to do in San Jose

crowncarrier

Apr 10, 2015
Possibly planning a trip next year to San Jose to watch the Sharks. There will be myself and 3 other buddies. We are looking for a few good sports bars to check out and any other places you kind folks recommend. All in our late 40s so not looking for night clubs. Live music would be cool aswell. Also, any inside hotel info would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: Sandisfan

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Willing to walk up to a mile each way to/from arena to hotel, or taxi/ride share or more willing to find someplace in/near hotel? Will you have a car to explore the area or depend on public transportation and ride share to get around?

Into architecture? History?

De Anza one of the closest hotels to arena (art deco). Hilton/St Claire remodeled/updated historic hotel. Fairmont, where many opposing teams stay. Santana Row, where many of the players live/stay.

Winchester Mystery House world renowned. Tech Museum fun to explore. Moffett Field has tours/museum information you're into NASA, etc.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Possibly planning a trip next year to San Jose to watch the Sharks. There will be myself and 3 other buddies. We are looking for a few good sports bars to check out and any other places you kind folks recommend. All in our late 40s so not looking for night clubs. Live music would be cool aswell. Also, any inside hotel info would be greatly appreciated.
Save yourself the embarrassment and don't go to the Sharks game it will just ruin your trip.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada

Barracuda have a new arena. It's awesome and better than a Sharks game. However next year we'll have Celebrini and Musty in the lineup (our Getzbald and Perry) and we may win the Cup.

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
I work at a venue called the Art Boutiki near downtown; it's a small club (~150-200 people) that does mostly rock/indie/jazz if you're into that. There's also the Ritz downtown (closer to ~300-400 people size), they do more punk/metal stuff and it's a bit divier if you're into that vibe. Other than that, it's mostly larger venues (SJ Civic, Shoreline, SAP Center) unless you're willing to head up to SF/Oakland.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Barracuda have a new arena. It's awesome and better than a Sharks game. However next year we'll have Celebrini and Musty in the lineup (our Getzbald and Perry) and we may win the Cup.
Yeah this. Cuda game is a must see for Sharks fans. You can get rink side for like $30. So much fun.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad