Rumor: Things Not Left Unsaid 2, More Flyers Rumors & Media Mentions: Say It Like You Mean It

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I don't have any other specific examples but in general Charlie is more critical on the PHLY Flyers Podcast than he is on twitter - and he especially has been since the season ended.
Here's the thing...

I would understand if it was just a matter of him wanting to be careful because this is his job and roasting the shit out of the team could cause problems for him. In that scenario, all he'd have to do is say what he can and then shut up and not participate in the arguments/criticisms he sees, while silently agreeing with them.

However, this dipshit goes out of his way to defend things that can't be defended, scold and lecture fans at every possible opportunity, prove he's too biased to have a valid opinion on any topic, and have weekly cry sessions about how " overly negative" fans are.

Reactions: BernieParent

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
Here's the thing...

I would understand if it was just a matter of him wanting to be careful because this is his job and roasting the shit out of the team could cause problems for him. In that scenario, all he'd have to do is say what he can and then shut up and not participate in the arguments/criticisms he sees, while silently agreeing with them.

However, this dipshit goes out of his way to defend things that can't be defended, scold and lecture fans at every possible opportunity, prove he's too biased to have a valid opinion on any topic, and have weekly cry sessions about how " overly negative" fans are.

Not disagreeing, and I don't like how he rails against "too online fans" or something similar.

He did admit he was wrong on Cates in one of the podcasts this week.

Reactions: Striiker

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
Honestly I think the Flyers fan is pretty unique in this town. The Flyers aren't the Eagles - fans of the Flyers do not watch the rest of the league like a NFL Sunday or quite frankly care as much about the other teams or players like they do with football. It's a super local market driven sport, that is also pretty niche.

We were in a playoff spot for majority of the season, right in the mix, the team passed the eye test most nights - now parlay that with a 12 point improvement...that will have the average fan thinking they exceeded expectations.

This team was at least fun. I like watching TK, Tippett, York, Farabee, Frost, Sanheim. I looked forward to tuning in to see if Foerster, Ersson, and Brink can be dudes. I genuinely enjoyed watching this team - I watched every game this year, I made it a point to DVR and watch the game the next day if I had something going on.

People enjoyed having a decent hockey team - again I want a full on sale and tear down - but it's totally ok that this group resonated with the average fan again and made them proud.

Do I want them to file Torts? Hell yea I do. But it would legit alienate a lot of the people you just got back in the building. I think they miss a lot of context, and that's fine...but I can guarantee you majority of the fanbase has no idea about analytics/underlying numbers or who the 2nd line center for Carolina is.
You are in the lucky or unlucky (depends on the viewpoint) point to have still hope and believe in the ability of the people in charge. Alot of us wanted to believe and have done it for decades and after too many same decisions in the wrong direction with different or all the same people we lost our faith. We mostly can predict what happens next. We also see through the wording of the new orange and so on.

I'am a little jealous of you on one side cause i cant even watch hockey anymore. I switch off the games after minutes or the first Periode.

I cant bring myself watching Seeler as a top 4 dman. I cant bring myself watching Poehling as the 2nd line Center of the team. Iam not even can ENJOY watching Frosty as the 1. Line Center though i love him and believe in him he will never be a 1. Line Center. Its insanity what this team is doing.

I have no Problem with Seeler as the 6th dman with heavy pk usage for 1.5 for 2 years. I have no Problem with Poehling as the 4th line Center and injury callup to other lines occasionally. I would love to have Frost as the 2nd line Center.

But they have no plan and no idea what they are doing. Neither in the present nor in the future!
And iam sure Torts is only a symptome and not the real problem!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad