they lied before (about no progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brent Burns Beard

Powered by Vasiliev Podsloven
Feb 27, 2002
anyone recall how they said after the last mediation in Washington that they made "no progress".

yet, it was well documented that it was at those meetings that the NHLPA finally agreed to talk cap and that the NHL agreed to drop linkage.

so, who knows if there late night denials are sincere or not. we know only one fact. their is a meeting tomorrow in New York. If there wasnt a pre determined framework, why would the NHL bother ?

dr

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I have no doubt that there has been progress, perhaps some agreement in principle over an approximate dollar number and the details regarding that numer. I have grave doubts now however about the 'a deal is imminent' part though. I think that many want this to get done, but likely some pretty big things remain to negotiate.

They may have misled as to progress that last time, as you said, but we got no deal then either did we? The devil is always in the details.

txomisc

Mar 18, 2002
California
Visit site
Jaded-Fan said:
I have no doubt that there has been progress, perhaps some agreement in principle over an approximate dollar number and the details regarding that numer. I have grave doubts now however about the 'a deal is imminent' part though. I think that many want this to get done, but likely some pretty big things remain to negotiate.

They may have misled as to progress that last time, as you said, but we got no deal then either did we? The devil is always in the details.
Yeah I don't think the NHL would meet unless they were very close. If they weren't very close the agreement would certainly not be a 46 million dollar cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->