They are Billions

McDavidCrushedLarkin

Jun 12, 2016
Yes I play casually, probably only 8-10 games so far due to other commitments but I like it. No real good strategies to share thus far other than use patrol routes early for randoms sneaking in.

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
I had been looking at getting this for the past week or so. Saw a few people play it the other day and it looks just as fun as I had imagined.
I may try and get this in a few days.

Oiffub

Matthews > McDavid don't @ me
Mar 16, 2010
ACC
Very fun, it's like a mix of Starcraft/Civ/Tower Defence. Unit commanding and the base building is very similar to starcraft (scout, expand, mine resources) but at the same time you gotta worry about the billions of zombies all around you. One rogue zombie slips through the cracks and it can end your game due to the infection spreading. I still haven't beaten the game/survived 100 days on the default difficulty.

Last edited:

Oiffub

Matthews > McDavid don't @ me
Mar 16, 2010
ACC
My main strategy right now would be send 4 scouts in opposite directions to reveal as much of the map as I can, aswell as retrieve the free treasures around the map. You are at the will of an RNG spawn, so sometimes you can get lucky and major expansion is unnecessary. I also like to use lakes, mountains, forests as defensive barriers because at some point in early game you need to stop expanding, and begin building walls for the first hoard on day 11.

Also there's no shame in an insta quit, like, if there are absolute 0 trees in the general vicinity, or there's a village of undead very close I just reroll for a new map. Those two scenarios leave very little room for success.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Yeah I downloaded it last week after seeing this thread. It's pretty fun, though it can be pretty frustrating when you're trucking along really well and then realize a 'walled off area' isn't actually fully walled off and 1 zombie got into your camp and you've lost. Literally 1 zombie, lol.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Decided to pick this game up after seeing it in this thread. I've made it pretty far on moderate settings but can't seem to get that W. It's definitely interesting and a mix of a bunch of different games. I've just started playing and am trying to figure out if it's better to tech up quickly or if it's better to play slower. In a game currently where I teched quickly, it's working alright. Only one close call so far. Thank goodness for those ballista towers.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
After 19 hours of playing, I finally beat a level (on some of the easiest difficulty). Took a little while to familiarize myself with the different units and things like that, but now I think I have a solid game plan for how I need to approach the game.

I really underestimated mining gold because I thought my houses and other resources would generate enough, but mining it definitely helped me out some.

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
I am considering getting this game, but I am wondering what the replay value is like after a few weeks.

As a former ranked war3 and Starcraft 2 player, single player got very boring to me very quickly and only competitive playing, shifting strategies due to patches and such kept it fresh.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I am considering getting this game, but I am wondering what the replay value is like after a few weeks.

As a former ranked war3 and Starcraft 2 player, single player got very boring to me very quickly and only competitive playing, shifting strategies due to patches and such kept it fresh.

I'm a similar type of gamer, was huge into Starcraft and Starcraft 2. Was a top level masters player in SC2. The game isn't the same as SC, although some habits transition over. My micro is good, as is my ability to micro, and of course multitasking in real time. I don't need to pause the game a ton, though you can if you want to (I am playing at the lower levels while I figure it out).

My previous post mentioned how it took me 19 hours to win my first game on easy settings. Well, I just played the second map last night for the first time and crushed it in a single sitting. I'll be increasing the difficulty, but I'm getting the sense that once you figure it out that it really loses replay value. I'm hoping there will be other additions to keep it from getting boring.

To me, anything that holds my attention for 20+ hours is worth a $25 investment. Games like SC or SC2 that I played for years on end are the outliers in the game world so I don't expect that from every game.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
I finally picked this bad boy up and I like it so far. It's far more unforgiving than I thought it would be.

I will say it lacks polish (similar to many modern RTS games), but the premise is great.

I've always loved strategy games back in the day (almost exclusively, up until World of Warcraft smashed that trend to pieces), but it's been a while since I really sunk my teeth into one....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad