Speculation: These young Leafs Get branded for taking Boston 7 games from being down 3-1???????

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
First, I'd like to point out that by saying "I don't care what anyone says", you are basically just confirming to everybody that you're more interested in thinking the way you do than being right. If it was the other way around, you'd welcome opposing views.

Anyway. I agree that he waits too long and gets himself into trouble, and it does lead to chances against. But even with those included, he doesn't see a lot of chances against. So obviously, that flaw must be weighed up by his positives. And shouldn't he, like any player, be judged on the whole picture, and not just the ugly parts? It's kind of like having a goalscorer that is awful at redirections. Sure it lessens his value as a goalscorer since he won't be as dangerous on point shots and around the net, but if he still scores 30 then he's obviously a good goalscorer nonetheless.

Great post and I love reading your stuff, but on the other end, I think some have become so concerned with 'being right' that they have also lost the ability to be wrong and objective.
Regarding stats, sometimes the numbers are misleading, and sometimes they don't accurately show what we think they do. As an analyst myself, I've learned that you can't quantify everything, and not being able to quantify it doesn't mean it has no value.

Jake is clearly an amazingly talented player. He's clearly better than many give him credit for. He's clearly scapegoated a lot, way more than he deserves. But there's also clearly a disconnect somewhere.

Reactions: Nithoniniel

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->