Theodore officially named as Belfour's replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

shayne

Feb 27, 2003
ontario
Visit site
Terrific news, congrats the Theo.

and shut up to those who want to run theodore out of town.
Goes to show you that major hockey people around the NHL feel theodore is still a top flight goalie.

Raskolnikov76

Jan 14, 2003
Los Altos
www.modesys.com
Future=Hossa said:
Hey man relax your saying this In like 3-4 threads,It's getting annoying

I don't agree with you,

and i'll second the poster above me:

Vive les gardiens Quebecois!

and you know what?
Because we are people with still such a colonized mentality. We can't never take pride in our success because it will "annoy" other people.
Don't you think Italians are annoying every time Ferrari wins a race?
Or what about the Greeks since the last Euro?
Or when Canada won the gold medal in hockey?

We also have the right to celebrate our success.

Gags1288

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Raskolnikov76 said:
I don't agree with you,

and you know what?
Because we are people with still such a colonized mentality. We can't never take pride in our success because it will "annoy" other people.

I hardly think having 3 goalies from Quebec representing Canada is equivalent to Canada winning the gold or Greece winning Euro 2004. Everyone knows Quebec produces a lot of good goaltenders, no need to make a big deal about it.

Raskolnikov76

Jan 14, 2003
Los Altos
www.modesys.com
Gags1288 said:
I hardly think having 3 goalies from Quebec representing Canada is equivalent to Canada winning the gold or Greece winning Euro 2004. Everyone knows Quebec produces a lot of good goaltenders, no need to make a big deal about it.

No you're right, it's not an accomplishment that is comparable, far from it.

Anyway, my point is there's three quebecois goalies in the team, I think it's cool, espion thinks so and writes it, but some people tells him to stop, sshh sshh like it was bad to be proud of it. it's just that it tires me (no offense F=H, I target the reply, not you). Maybe espion writes it too much and he's annoying, I don't know, but it's just a one liner and i've read much more annoying stuff while I lurked here over the years.

Let's say that in a "alternate past", the 3 goalies from USSR were Ukrainians. Don't you think they would be proud of it? I think so, and it's normal.

It's the same thing for Quebec. Regardless of political opinions, I'd say that most Quebecers feel Quebecois before feeling Canadians. And now all three goalies for Canada come from the Quebec system and it's no shame to be proud of it.

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC
Raskolnikov76 said:
I don't agree with you,

and you know what?

Get a grip. This is the perfect exemple of a colonized mentality. It's only 3 goalies and you make such a huge deal out of it. Yeah it's something to be proud of but come on, comparing it to winning the Euro or the Gold medal tournament?!? That's what I call "viser bas".

P.S. Writting the same thing in 3 or 4 different threads is indeed annoying no matter the subject.

Last edited:

McThome

Aug 12, 2003
Edmonton
www.geocities.com
Also, this is team Canada - not, Team BC/Alberta/Saskatchewan/Manitoba/Ontario/Quebec

You don't see westerner's puffing out their chest because over half the orig. forwards are from the west when the west has about 1/5 the population the east.

It's bad when you worry about getting more from your province as much as seeing your country win.

peu solide

Last edited:

HabsBaby18*

thome_26 said:
Also, this is team Canada - not, Team BC/Alberta/Saskatchewan/Manitoba/Ontario/Quebec

You don't see westerner's puffing out their chest because over half the orig. forwards are from the west when the west has about 1/5 the population the east.

It's bad when you worry about getting more from your province as much as seeing your country win.

peu solide

I agree completely with you and with canuck21t

Last edited by a moderator:

Darkseeker

Apr 20, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
www.c22.org
you guys are pricks... why wouldnt he be llowed to be as proud about that than winning the gold.

I sure am, because we are a goalie powerhouse and we feel very proud to see this in the league.

Who are you to tell him how proud he should be.
If for one thing, you should have a bit of the pride people of quebec have rub off on you.

The quebecers are proud of who they are, they usually stick together alot more than people out west would, notice the last elections, they sure passed a message.

Shadow Journal

Non, je ne regrette rien
Jun 20, 2003
thome_26 said:

peu solide

:handclap:

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
I dont care where the goalies come from really its all the same. No one made fun of Quebec when they had only 3 guys in Salt Lake. As far as I remember Brodeur, Luongo and Theodore all have represented CANADA before. There is no team Quebec. You guys didnt separate from us in '95. Get over it already!

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
lol, canada is so divided.... we got the conservatives in the west pissed off at liberals in the east......... we got hockey fans who say ..... look at all the BC boys or look at all the quebecers......... and we have a party that wants a sovereign quebec

God bless canada.... we sure do live in an interesting nation

what holds us together?

Anyways, its all non violent so I guess a lot of countries can learn from us....

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC
Darkseeker said:
you guys are pricks... why wouldnt he be llowed to be as proud about that than winning the gold.

I sure am, because we are a goalie powerhouse and we feel very proud to see this in the league.

If for one thing, you should have a bit of the pride people of quebec have rub off on you.

The quebecers are proud of who they are, they usually stick together alot more than people out west would, notice the last elections, they sure passed a message.
Oh he is allowed to be as proud about that as much as winning the gold. If that's what makes him happy, that's really great for him. I wish I could be that much happy for such a small accomplishment. It's just really pathetic you know. It shows that some Quebecers see themselves as a little people that the tiniest accomplishment sounds like if they have conquered the world. I have lived in Quebec for most my life and I know that Quebec can do much more than have the monopoly on goalies on Team Canada. I expect more of Quebec than that like Alexandre Depatie winning the gold medal at the upcoming summer Olympics or something in that nature.

Ça fait vraiment pitié d'être aussi heureux pour des choses si petites. Il faut voir grand mes amis. Ceci démontre que le Québec a encore un complexe d'inferiorité.

SwisshockeyAcademy

Dec 11, 2002
Visit site
Darkseeker said:

Please take this political jargon elsewhere. Not the board for it. I like Theo he's a damn good goalie i sure as hell do not care where he is from.

hardcore_fan

Apr 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
What's the big deal?It's a fine thing to be proud of.Idaho and PEI are proud of their potatoes, Detroit of it's cars, BC it's "cash crop", and so on.If you produce something of a high a high caliber you should be proud.I think Theo will be a fine replacement for the Eagle.And I would have been proud to have a Soo boy like Turco make it as well.

HabsBaby18*

Canuck21t said:
Ça fait vraiment pitié d'être aussi heureux pour des choses si petites. Il faut voir grand mes amis. Ceci démontre que le Québec a encore un complexe d'inferiorité.

Je suis d'accord ... Ca prouve bien comment on peut etre petit peuple

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad