TheMadHatTrick's February Mock Draft

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
Hey guys, tell me what you think of this mock. If you want a different player for your team let me know and I'll change it.

1) Arizona - Rasmus Dahlin
2) Buffalo - Andrei Svechnikov
3) Vancouver - Filip Zadina
4) Ottawa - Brady Tkachuk
5) Montreal - Noah Dobson
6) Edmonton - Adam Boqvist
7) Detroit - Quinton Hughes
8) Florida - Oliver Wahlstrom
9) New York (R) - Evan Bouchard
10) Chicago - Bode Wilde
11) New York (I) - Isac Lundestrom
12) Carolina - Joel Farabee
13) Anaheim - Barrett Hayton
14) New York (I) - Grigori Denisenko
15) Colorado - Ty Smith
16) Columbus - Jesperi Kotkaniemi
17) Philadelphia - Joseph Veleno
18) Pittsburgh - Dominik Bokk
19) New Jersey - Rasmus Kupari
20) San Jose - Akil Thomas
21) Minnesota - K'Andre Miller
22) Los Angeles - Serron Noel
23) Toronto - Jett Woo
24) Philadelphia - Benoit-Olivier Groulx
25) Dallas - Mattias Samuelsson
26) Winnipeg - Jared McIsaac
27) Boston - Martin Kaut
28) Washington - Rasmus Sandin
29) Nashville - Ty Dellandrea
30) Las Vegas - Ryan McLeod
31) Tampa Bay - Jonathan Tychonick

Last edited:

Tkachuckycheese

Oilers/Sens
Feb 2, 2016
I would really love Ottawa picking Zadina. I think it's the player they desperately need in their top 6.
As for the Oilers it would be hard to pass up on Boqvist potential. As well I think Wahlstrom would be great for the organization.

Reactions: TheMadHatTrick

dangomon

Nov 4, 2017
Kingston, ON
Every mock draft the Leafs are picking defencemen, but I see them taking best play available regardless of position. Especially if there is a good centre available for their pick, personally if Kotkaniemi was available I wouldn't mind the Leafs jumping on a player like that.

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
Every mock draft the Leafs are picking defencemen, but I see them taking best play available regardless of position. Especially if there is a good centre available for their pick, personally if Kotkaniemi was available I wouldn't mind the Leafs jumping on a player like that.

Thanks. I'm a Leafs fan too. I think the reason most mocks have the Leafs taking a defenseman is not because of need but because the draft is really deep in defensemen in the first round, so there's a strong chance BPA is a dman.

Also I'm not sure if Kotkaniemi is a centre. He looks more like a wing to me. There's also concerns about his skating.

I really like what Woo brings to the table. Very similar to a Travis Dermott except right handed. Not much offensive flash but very steady defensively, good outlet, and likes to take the body. Could be a great partner for Rielly.

dangomon

Nov 4, 2017
Kingston, ON
Thanks. I'm a Leafs fan too. I think the reason most mocks have the Leafs taking a defenseman is not because of need but because the draft is really deep in defensemen in the first round, so there's a strong chance BPA is a dman.

Also I'm not sure if Kotkaniemi is a centre. He looks more like a wing to me. There's also concerns about his skating.

I really like what Woo brings to the table. Very similar to a Travis Dermott except right handed. Not much offensive flash but very steady defensively, good outlet, and likes to take the body. Could be a great partner for Rielly.

I agree with that! I'm not entirely sold on Woo, I think he may be a guy who doesn't transition to the pro game without a significant skill (he's good at everything, without being excellent at any one thing). Often these guys need something to set them apart, skating, shooting etc.

Reactions: TheMadHatTrick

ViktorBaeArvidsson

Greenville Swamp Rabbits fan lol
Feb 18, 2017
The Bible Belt of South Carolina
Well, if your getting Jett Woo I wouldn't be complaining as a Leafs fan. Maybe if a Mock has you guys drafting another lefty d-man I can understand you rather take a forward. Jett Woo is gonna be a beast doh.

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
In my opinion, Kotkaniemi, Veleno and McIsaac are too low, and Samuelsson is too high. Otherwise it's good

Thanks. I'll definitely be making some changes now after the Five Nations. Dropping Samuelsson lower. I'm not too high on McIsaac or Veleno, but I agree with you on Kotkaniemi.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
I'd say Wings likely targets are Boqvist, Hughes, Wahlstrom, and maybe Bode Wilde. Bouchard and Dobson don't have high enough offensive skill/upside for a top 10 pick imo

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
I'd say Wings likely targets are Boqvist, Hughes, Wahlstrom, and maybe Bode Wilde. Bouchard and Dobson don't have high enough offensive skill/upside for a top 10 pick imo

Sure, I'll make the change but I'm not sure what you mean about Bouchard lacking offensive skill. The guy has 21 goals and 76 points in 58 games as a draft eligible defenseman. He has arguably the best point shot in the draft and is said to be an elite passer. Most his flaws are defensive rather than offensive. This guy is elite offensively.

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
Boy oh boy. If the Flyers end up with Veleno and Olivier-Groulx, that's a huge win in my books. Olivier-Groulx immediately helps upgrade the bottom six group. At the very least, that's a third line left winger. As for Veleno, I'm not sure where he plays. With Couturier, Patrick, Frost and Laughton/Vorobyev, Veleno either moves to the wing or someone is getting moved.....

Reactions: flyersdad

flyersdad

Jan 23, 2018
Boy oh boy. If the Flyers end up with Veleno and Olivier-Groulx, that's a huge win in my books. Olivier-Groulx immediately helps upgrade the bottom six group. At the very least, that's a third line left winger. As for Veleno, I'm not sure where he plays. With Couturier, Patrick, Frost and Laughton/Vorobyev, Veleno either moves to the wing or someone is getting moved.....

I think the flyers will target a high upside winger if they take Veleno first. Someone like Kravtsov or Denisenko. But the flyers do love centers from the Q. Good work

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
I think the flyers will target a high upside winger if they take Veleno first. Someone like Kravtsov or Denisenko. But the flyers do love centers from the Q. Good work

I can put Kravtsov there if you guys prefer. I have Denisenko going earlier though. Also if it helps some people feel Groulx will end up being a winger anyway.

flyersdad

Jan 23, 2018
No man. If that’s what you think, that’s what it should be. Groulx would be fun to say with Giroux on the roster. The flyers like to draft centers that they can turn into wingers. Gagne. Carter. Konency.

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
No man. If that’s what you think, that’s what it should be. Groulx would be fun to say with Giroux on the roster. The flyers like to draft centers that they can turn into wingers. Gagne. Carter. Konency.

Yeah, I like him for you guys. He's the kind of gritty, hard working forward with skill that just seems to fit your team's image. It was either him or a power forward type like Noel (who is gone in my mock) since you are already loaded with defensemen.

flyersdad

Jan 23, 2018
Yeah, I like him for you guys. He's the kind of gritty, hard working forward with skill that just seems to fit your team's image. It was either him or a power forward type like Noel (who is gone in my mock) since you are already loaded with defensemen.

It makes sense that they go with 2 forwards but I think they are gonna go 1 forward and 1 dman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad