The Yotes have game

Given the sheer hopelessness of the situation the team was in when he took over and what he's had to endure this year, does anybody deserve that little ray of hop from an overachieving team more than Ryan? :handclap:

Who'd have thought Marty Gerber would be the catalyst in a crazy 2nd half of the season performance by the Yotes. Almost as crazy as that little known goalie in Calgary that I'm sick and tired of talking about :p:

And when is Sean Burke going to realise he's over the hill and past it all? Matt, you've been telling him lies again haven't you. Hypnosis or something...made him think he's Patrick Roy:sarcasm:

Default101

oddly enough my star performers in this run are Ben Clymer and Mark Smith as far as offense goes, but i think i filled a big hole with Eric Belanger, 17 games left for most teams running, 15 for me, i'm gonna do my best to keep this cinderella story running into the 2007 playoffs. Not sure how gerber is doing it, maybe it's the players around him, maybe he was lacking something he wasn't getting in calgary? not to knock their team because they have a better team, i'm not sure what would cause him to play the way he has, but whatever it is hopefully he doesn't stop, i wasn't gonna post a thread myself till end of year, becasue i didn't want to get too overconfident, considering the team i have behind me the last 15 games should be very unpredictable, but hopefully we take it one game at a time, and if we do sneak in by a point for me it'll be back at mid-season where gerber had 1GA in 2 games with both bergeron and hatcher out with injuries. we have 11 great teams in the west this year, and 3 of them have clinched so that leaves 5 spots for 8 teams, so i just hope i'm fortunate enough to be one of the teams who land a spot, thanks for the posts guys!

Looks like San Jose will need to help me out alittle as i have Anaheim in 2 nights then 6 of my next 7 games will be vs. San Jose... kinda like a mini playoff series lol hopefully i'll win this one atleast 4-2 but it'll be tough as 12 of my last 15 games are vs. teams over 500, so this spot will definately need to be earned not to meantion finishing the season vs. Colorado who is currently 7th.

Last edited by a moderator:

HFNHL Commish

Feb 28, 2002
And when is Sean Burke going to realise he's over the hill and past it all? Matt, you've been telling him lies again haven't you. Hypnosis or something...made him think he's Patrick Roy:sarcasm:

Just encouraging all of my players to believe in themselves. ;)

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
And to think... I was trying to make a deal at the beginning of the season to swap first round picks with Phoenix. Good thing that fell through! :phew:

Congrats to Phoenix on an overachieving season so far... so close to the playoffs!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->