The ''What to do in Montreal'' Thread version 5.0

strudy

Mar 25, 2004
Quebec City
hey guys, I'm desperately trying to find tickets for the game against the Hawks on January 14th. I tried the sale today and all the had were Molson Ex zone and desjardins zone tickets.

Thanks in advance!

dreamingofdrouin*

You're going to be fine I think. There's always the Peel Pub if anything.

ended up going to super sexe hahaha thanks tho....i have another question...can anyone get into the practice rink in brossard? is it free? and how do u know when the habs will be there?

habscup25

Jul 19, 2006
MONTREAL
GAMES AVAILABLE:

Tampa Bay Lightning at Montreal Canadiens
Tue, Feb 9, 2016, 7:30 pm EST
* OPTIMUM MATCH

Buffalo Sabres at Montreal Canadiens
Thu, Mar 10, 2016, 7:30 pm EST

Florida Panthers at Montreal Canadiens
Tue, Mar 15, 2016, 7:30 pm EDT

Calgary Flames at Montreal Canadiens
Sun, Mar 20, 2016, 7:00 pm EDT

Anaheim Ducks at Montreal Canadiens
Tue, Mar 22, 2016, 7:30 pm EDT

Detroit Red Wings at Montreal Canadiens
Tue, Mar 29, 2016, 7:30 pm EDT

Florida Panthers at Montreal Canadiens
Tue, Apr 5, 2016, 7:30 pm EDT

SECTION 323
WHITE
ROW AA
1st ROW
NOBODY IN FRONT OF YOU
HABS SHOOT 2X (1st & 3rd period)

Hard tickets. Can meet Decarie/Jean Talon area or deliver at my discretion on Wednesday.

E-ticket transfer available, as well by interac or Paypal.

Email me at: [email protected]

SEAT VIEW IMAGE:
https://chairnerd.global.ssl.fastly.net/images/seatview/139/nhl/nhl/472e77/323/640/bell-centre-section-323-view.jpg

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc
ended up going to super sexe hahaha thanks tho....i have another question...can anyone get into the practice rink in brossard? is it free? and how do u know when the habs will be there?

Yes you can get in and its free. Practices are usually at 11AM.

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
Hello and Happy Holidays!

My friend and I will be visiting Montreal for the first time, up late tomorrow evening and seeing Montreal for the entirety of the 28th. This thread is fantastic, a lot of help! I'm am extremely interested in the Planetarium and Science Center, and had already planned on seeing the Armada game on the 28th.

-Should I buy tickets in advance for the Armada game, do they tend to sell out?

-edit: Found the Poutine section of the write-up! Thanks!

My French is very spotty, I know some words and a few phrases, hope I can get by.

edit 2: I do have a Nordiques sweater. Would it be frowned upon or welcomed if I wore it?

Nevertheless, a Flyers fan and Penguins fan enjoying your city together, spreading joy and harmony all throughout the holiday season :laugh:

Last edited:

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
Just so you know, the Armada doesn't play in Montreal. It's in Boisbriand, about 20 mins outside of Montreal, by car.

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
Returning from Montreal now, had an absolute blast. We scrapped the idea of going to Ottawa for our last day and stayed in Montreal one more night.

Armada game was a lot of fun. Level of play in CHL is something to behold when you're used to other options.

Went to Randolph Pub/Bar two days in a row to relax and play board games...good spot for the snowstorm yesterday :laugh:

Poutine was great! Hate to say my first poutine experience was at a Canadian restaurant in Memphis, but it was. Still great though

Skated outdoors down by the St. Lawrence. I can't skate for **** and my new skates weren't sharpened, so I looked like a complete plebe out there, but a great experience nonetheless!

The people were very very nice, very willing to help a couple stupid Americans as best they could regardless of where their bilingualism stopped. My limited high school French got me by.

Finally, Schwartz's deli had THE BEST sandwich I've ever had. I'm from the Philly area, where loaded hoagies, cheesesteaks, roast pork sandwiches are fantastic...but I was absolutely blown away by that smoked meat sandwich. Perfection.

Fantastic city! I will be back, and highly recommend it. Merci beaucoup, Au revior!

Ness

New Age Retro Hippie
Dec 5, 2008
Denver
Adult Hockey in Montreal

Hey all. I recently became an adult hockey coordinator, and am looking to build a great program. I've played adult hockey for 5 years in Kansas, so I know the ins and outs of what it's about. But I'm sure Montreal's adult hockey is a LOT bigger up there and is a lot more in depth.

So I'm curious...for those who play, what are the adult leagues like in Montreal? Any cool features about the league you play in that other leagues don't have?

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Hey everybody. My fiancé and I along with a few others will be in Montreal on March 10-14. We will be at the Red Bulls-Impact match. On Saturday the 12th, the Habs play Minnesota... If we can't get our crap together and get to the arena for the game, do you guys have a good bar that will show the game and have a fun atmosphere? Thanks!

Jee

uwu
Aug 25, 2006
Montréal
Hey everybody. My fiancé and I along with a few others will be in Montreal on March 10-14. We will be at the Red Bulls-Impact match. On Saturday the 12th, the Habs play Minnesota... If we can't get our crap together and get to the arena for the game, do you guys have a good bar that will show the game and have a fun atmosphere? Thanks!

What perimeter ?

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal

**** the Red Bulls!

It's cool you visit our city for an MLS game. Sad it's not at Stade Saputo. Not that I don't like the Big O but the atmosphere is so much better at the SS.

I visited Red Bull Arena a couple years ago, it was great, except for Thierry Henry crushing my team....

As for the Habs game, there's a Station des Sports on Ste Catherine. It's usually full for Habs game so should have a good atmosphere.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
**** the Red Bulls!

It's cool you visit our city for an MLS game. Sad it's not at Stade Saputo. Not that I don't like the Big O but the atmosphere is so much better at the SS.

I visited Red Bull Arena a couple years ago, it was great, except for Thierry Henry crushing my team....

As for the Habs game, there's a Station des Sports on Ste Catherine. It's usually full for Habs game so should have a good atmosphere.

Thanks for the advice on the bar... and thank you for your lovely sentiments about the Red Bulls! Haha... Yeah Henry was great... and it was a privilege to watch him. That being said, last year's Red Bulls team was better than any team Henry was on. He had so much control over everything. The entire playbook was run through him. Sure we miss him but the team we have is more exciting to watch.

Anyway.... I would love to see a game at Saputo... but the last few years the games were mid-week and it was impossible for us to get up there. I love Montreal. This will be my third visit. I have seen the Red Bulls in New England, NYCFC, Philly, DC, and Columbus. Columbus was a horrible drive.

I don't hate you guys... we have too much to handle hating DC, New England, NYCFC, and Philly... but I really hope Drogba stays with you guys. At least for the rest of his contract.

didouche

#FireBergevin
Jun 5, 2006
Montreal
Discovery of the month: Chez Régine

One of the best places to eat brunch in a long time. A place where the locals go to eat. IT'S VERY BUSY and VERY POPULAR so expect to wait in my line.

NYRPat21

Jan 1, 2010
Ridge, New York
Hey everyone, a couple of friends and I are planning to go to a concert in mid-March at the Corona Theatre, the show is on a Sunday and I just wanted to pick your brains for like hotel recommendations, bars near by, stuff like that. Driving up from Long Island, thanks in advance.

dreamingofdrouin*

Hi guys I'm a Nova Scotian and die hard habs fan and I've been thinking a lot about living in Montreal for atleast a year and going to lots of habs games, partying etc, but I only speak English and only have high school education and would need a job in the city. Any suggestions? Thanks :)

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
Hi guys I'm a Nova Scotian and die hard habs fan and I've been thinking a lot about living in Montreal for atleast a year and going to lots of habs games, partying etc, but I only speak English and only have high school education and would need a job in the city. Any suggestions? Thanks :)

You should be fine, but you should have your apprehensions about working with the public and will probably have a hard time finding work in that sector.

Give them a try.

http://www.babelmedia.com/

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Hey everyone, a couple of friends and I are planning to go to a concert in mid-March at the Corona Theatre, the show is on a Sunday and I just wanted to pick your brains for like hotel recommendations, bars near by, stuff like that. Driving up from Long Island, thanks in advance.

SpringHill Suites Marriot is a favorite of mine. I'll be staying there for the second time in March. Very reasonable rates... especially with the current exchange rate. A king suite with kitcheonette is about 190 Canadian per night and 120 American per night. It's also in the Old City section.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad