The ''What to do in Montreal'' Thread version 5.0

shello

Mar 5, 2011
Dana Point, CA
Pointe-Claire village is very nice in the evening. A couple of good restaurants, an ice cream parlor and beautiful view of the lake.
Also Cap-St-Jacques, l'Anse-a-l'Orme trail, Ecomuseum

I'll look into the trail for sure! I should've been more clear but I grew up in the West Island so a few of these spots are always pretty familiar.

brokeu91

Jul 4, 2017
Rhode Island
Hello Canadians fans, I am a Blues fan coming up to Montreal for a conference at the end of the month. I've been there once before and loved the city. Is there anything I should do that most tourists don't know about?

Nordiques1979

Nov 29, 2009
Laval QC
Hello guys, I'm planning a trip to Montreal in December, I'd like to catch the MTL-Boston game, I tried to get tickets from Stubhub but the tickets will be send to me (France) from December 7th, and I'm leaving on 14th, so not sure to receive them before leaving. Any other options to get tickets?

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Hello guys, I'm planning a trip to Montreal in December, I'd like to catch the MTL-Boston game, I tried to get tickets from Stubhub but the tickets will be send to me (France) from December 7th, and I'm leaving on 14th, so not sure to receive them before leaving. Any other options to get tickets?
I might be wrong but can't you just pick them up at the ticket booth if they're already paid?

Nordiques1979

Nov 29, 2009
Laval QC
Hello guys, just a quick question, I'm planning a trip to Montreal this December and I'd like to attend the Montreal-Boston game, is it possible to buy tickets for the game at the Bell Centre? I tried through Stubhub but can only ship 5 days before the date of the game, living in Europe I'm afraid to already be in Canada when the tickets will be send to me. If you have any suggestions for tickets hit me up, thanks!

lo striver

Jun 13, 2011
Our Lady of Grace
Hello guys, just a quick question, I'm planning a trip to Montreal this December and I'd like to attend the Montreal-Boston game, is it possible to buy tickets for the game at the Bell Centre? I tried through Stubhub but can only ship 5 days before the date of the game, living in Europe I'm afraid to already be in Canada when the tickets will be send to me. If you have any suggestions for tickets hit me up, thanks!

I don't think getting tickets to any game will be a problem this season. Looks like single game tickets are not for sale yet. Individual game tickets

"Upcoming on-sales :

Saturday, September 8 at 12:00 p.m. : Public on-sale for the 45 games of the 2018-19 season | Limit of 8 tickets"

Nordiques1979

Nov 29, 2009
Laval QC
I don't think getting tickets to any game will be a problem this season. Looks like single game tickets are not for sale yet. Individual game tickets

"Upcoming on-sales :

Saturday, September 8 at 12:00 p.m. : Public on-sale for the 45 games of the 2018-19 season | Limit of 8 tickets"
thanks for the answer, so maybe I can pre order ticket and take them at the Bell Centre? Or simply buy them directly there?

lo striver

Jun 13, 2011
Our Lady of Grace
thanks for the answer, so maybe I can pre order ticket and take them at the Bell Centre? Or simply buy them directly there?
You should be able to buy them online and pick them up before the game or even download/print or save to your phone. I am not 100% sure, I have not bought Habs tickets in years, but that is how it works pretty much everywhere in NAM nowadays. Try to get them on Sept 8 online.

Reactions: Nordiques1979

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
I'm coming up next week to catch Helloween.
I'm looking for places to buy local / craft beers. I know the depaneurs and SAQs aren't really good for that. Down for any type just as long as it's not "mainstream" type stuff, or possibly list some names of beers to look out for!
Thanks!

kalessin

Jun 11, 2007
I'm coming up next week to catch Helloween.
I'm looking for places to buy local / craft beers. I know the depaneurs and SAQs aren't really good for that. Down for any type just as long as it's not "mainstream" type stuff, or possibly list some names of beers to look out for!
Thanks!

Where are you staying? There are depanneurs with better beer selection. Don't go to the SAQ for beer outside of a few imports that you can probably get at home already.

Reactions: Metroid

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
Where are you staying? There are depanneurs with better beer selection. Don't go to the SAQ for beer outside of a few imports that you can probably get at home already.

Sherbrooke and jeanne mance area.
Near University Quebec a Montreal complex.

kalessin

Jun 11, 2007
Sherbrooke and jeanne mance area.
Near University Quebec a Montreal complex.

Au Coin Duluth at Duluth and St-Denis is a solid little shop. Look for anything by Dieu du Ciel, le Castor, Pit Caribou. I like what Vox Populi is doing too.

For bars don't miss Benelux right where you're staying. They don't sell anything for offsite consumption IIRC.

Reactions: Metroid

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
Au Coin Duluth at Duluth and St-Denis is a solid little shop. Look for anything by Dieu du Ciel, le Castor, Pit Caribou. I like what Vox Populi is doing too.

For bars don't miss Benelux right where you're staying. They don't sell anything for offsite consumption IIRC.
I'll Check all these out!
Thanks!

Reactions: kalessin

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
Silly question here. Last year when I was there, I referred to the Couche Tard as Macs. The doorman at the hotel looked at me like I was from another planet. Now that the Macs have switched to Circle K, did the Couche Tard change names too?

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Here's me after an Als game:
20180914_223712.jpg
I don't recall if it was someone on this thread but if you were the guy who said go to the Main Deli for Smoked Meat thanks! Place was amazing. Loved visiting Montreal last Friday.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Can anyone recommend a few card shops? I'm visiting in March from Phoenix. Hockey cards aren't too popular here. A few shops have hobby boxes and some singles but the selection is small. Hoping to visit shops with larger hockey selection.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
what are the best french restaurants and is there a place where there are strips of bars to walk one to the next? going in march but have no idea what im looking for.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
what are the best french restaurants and is there a place where there are strips of bars to walk one to the next? going in march but have no idea what im looking for.
For best ofs, I'd suggest taking a look on Reddit instead. There's a great wiki on /r/montreal. You can find it here: bestofmtl - montreal

As far as strips of bars, check Cresent and Bishop streets not far from the Bell Centre or St Laurent a little further away but still a very large selection.

They're not necessarily the nicest hole in the wall places, but they're the centralized popular areas.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
My wife and I will be in Montreal this weekend and will be going to the Habs/Lightning game Saturday night. Where is the best place to go before the game for drinks/food and a great hockey atmosphere?

Canadiens Ghost

Mr. Objectivity
Dec 14, 2011
Smurfland
Hello fellow Habs fans. Does anyone here know where I can find a place that makes Bienenstich (Bee Sting cake)? The only place in the greater Montreal area that used to make it that I know of was Suzie's in Pierrefonds but they closed a few years ago. And before anyone mentions it, Boucherie Atlantique does not make it. Thanks for your help.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Not sure where to put this as it doesn't look like there's a Bell Centre thread but are you allowed to go down to the glass for warmups? I remember hearing in the past it was a no go at Bell. I'm going to the game Saturday and my seats are in the lower bowl (albeit last row I believe) but on the side the Rangers would be shooting at twice so the other end of where they warm up. Looking forward to seeing the city and arena, this one has been on my list for a while as I try to get to all 31.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->