The ''What to do in Montreal'' Thread version 5.0

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl
Hello guys, not sure if this is the right place, but my hockey league is looking for players this summer if anyone is interested. The league is a friendly competitive, for lack of better words. It has 2 ''divisions'':

-Collège Notre-Dame, Montréal (6 teams, sundays 17h00-22h00 inclusively)
-Complexe Bell, Brossard (4 teams, mondays 19h30-22h30 inclusively)

During the winter season, we are an 8 teams league a the moment. The league manager knows every player individually and makes very fair teams. Ambience is great, most of the guys know each other. We also have a couple of sponsors and we have events throughout the seasons to support the SLAP program of Jeunesse au Soleil.

If you are interested in joining, check out the league's website, lfahockey.com. We are actively trying to find players. The creation of the Complexe Bell division was done relatively recently.

The manager is also hosting a game this saturday at Cegep St-Laurent at 11h30 to 13h00 to evaluate new players joining for the summer. If interested, you can contact me and I will give you the contact of the person organizing this. Each player has an undisclosed individual rating attributed by evaluators in the stand that will help to balance the teams and find a suitable replacement in case of an absence.

Hope to see you on the ice!

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
Have any of you been to the Montreal Biodome/Insectarium/Planetarium? How is it? I'm thinking about going to the Planetarium.

Edit - Apparently it's just called Space for Life.

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl
Have any of you been to the Montreal Biodome/Insectarium/Planetarium? How is it? I'm thinking about going to the Planetarium.

Edit - Apparently it's just called Space for Life.

The neighborhoods to avoid (if there are any) wouldn't have anything interesting anyway. Planetarium is great. Biodome and Insectarium I like as well, although at the Biodome, some of the habitats are too small for the animals and that makes me sad. I think there have been renovations in the last few years though, so it might be better than it used to be.

Conflicted Habs fan

"Beauty will save the world" - Dostoyevsky
Sponsor
Nov 23, 2011
Montreal
Hello guys, not sure if this is the right place, but my hockey league is looking for players this summer if anyone is interested. The league is a friendly competitive, for lack of better words. It has 2 ''divisions'':

-Collège Notre-Dame, Montréal (6 teams, sundays 17h00-22h00 inclusively)
-Complexe Bell, Brossard (4 teams, mondays 19h30-22h30 inclusively)

During the winter season, we are an 8 teams league a the moment. The league manager knows every player individually and makes very fair teams. Ambience is great, most of the guys know each other. We also have a couple of sponsors and we have events throughout the seasons to support the SLAP program of Jeunesse au Soleil.

If you are interested in joining, check out the league's website, lfahockey.com. We are actively trying to find players. The creation of the Complexe Bell division was done relatively recently.

The manager is also hosting a game this saturday at Cegep St-Laurent at 11h30 to 13h00 to evaluate new players joining for the summer. If interested, you can contact me and I will give you the contact of the person organizing this. Each player has an undisclosed individual rating attributed by evaluators in the stand that will help to balance the teams and find a suitable replacement in case of an absence.

Hope to see you on the ice!

Thanks for posting the website. lfahockey.com Im interested to play but I'm spectacularly bad. When near to September I will if conditions allow, enroll and be part of the team

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl
Thanks for posting the website. lfahockey.com Im interested to play but I'm spectacularly bad. When near to September I will if conditions allow, enroll and be part of the team

We need players of every range of talent! The league hosts evaluation games for new players in order to evaluate them and have fair teams anyway. If you have any questions, you can contact the league through the website or to [email protected]. The league is trying to expand over the next few years, so the more members, the better for the league! You can also create a profile in order to receive news from the league and upcoming events if you want to come see the level of the play or hangout and drink a few beers with the guys.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The "Revolution" exhibit at the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts looks interesting:

REVOLUTION is a musical odyssey that explores the ideals and aspirations of the late 1960s as expressed in music, film, fashion and design.

The exhibition looks at the consumer society, Vietnam War protests, the civil rights movement, the sexual revolution, experimentation with LSD, legendary concerts, communal living and environmentalism.

Expo67 is also featured.

Has 700 artifacts and among them, as I heard in a radio interview, there are two Jimmy Hendrix guitars.

It's on from 17 June 2017 to 9 October 2017.

https://www.mbam.qc.ca/en/exhibitions/on-view/revolution/

SCampo98

Dec 24, 2015
Sherbrooke, QC
OT: Question for People Familiar with Sherbrooke and Montreal

I'm not are if this is the right place for this as I couldn't find an OT thread, so if it is not Mods feel free to move it to the proper location, if there is one.

I had a couple questions about Sherbrooke and Montreal that I was hoping some people familiar with the areas would be able to help me with. I am moving from Toronto to Sherbrooke (Lennoxville) to attend university next year and had a couple of questions. There is no direct flight/train/bus etc. from Toronto to Sherbrooke, the closest they will go is Montreal. Is there any train or bus that goes directly from Montreal to Sherbrooke and vice versa?

Thanks in advance for the help guys. I wasn't sure where to ask this so I figured theres a ton of people from all over the place on these boards, so someone might know.

Stawks

Hockey Bird
Nov 27, 2007
Ottawa
Bishop's?

There's a direct bus from the central bus depot in Montreal, goes right to Sherbrooke. Takes about two hours, not too expensive. Think it actually goes right by the campus.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I'm not are if this is the right place for this as I couldn't find an OT thread, so if it is not Mods feel free to move it to the proper location, if there is one.

I had a couple questions about Sherbrooke and Montreal that I was hoping some people familiar with the areas would be able to help me with. I am moving from Toronto to Sherbrooke (Lennoxville) to attend university next year and had a couple of questions. There is no direct flight/train/bus etc. from Toronto to Sherbrooke, the closest they will go is Montreal. Is there any train or bus that goes directly from Montreal to Sherbrooke and vice versa?

Thanks in advance for the help guys. I wasn't sure where to ask this so I figured theres a ton of people from all over the place on these boards, so someone might know.

I'd strongly suggest posting that on the Habs board instead. For slightly more accurate directions. 99% certain there's a direct Montréal / Sherbrooke link because that wouldn't make any sense if there wasn't.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
You can grab a bus for like 20 bucks from la Gare de Montréal close to metro station Berri Uqam. Or just find a ride to share on amigoexpress or something like that. It's an hour and a half drive on autoroute 10 (highway 10)

https://g.co/kgs/NSLjNP

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec

http://limocar.ca/

They do Montreal-Sherbrooke about 10 times a day. One-way would be about 35$ for a student and you can bring a suitcase, perhaps even more than one (not sure about it, you should ask them before if you have more than one). Usually takes 2h when it's not a "local" ride, meaning that they stop at a dozen of cities during the trip. The time it takes is written on the schedule. Just be careful to get a short one.

Future GOAT

Apr 4, 2017
There is one on Metcalfe that I really like and from what I remember, the parking is next to a park. Costs about $8 for the game and you're 5 minutes from the Bell Centre.

Yeah that's a good place, really cheap. We always park there when my gf and I go to Dunn's for smoked meat.

There is also one not too far from there, on Drummond, when making a left from Ste Catherine, it's entrance is the very first left (in a small lane) after you get on Drummond, it used to be 10 bucks. Haven't used it for a few years though.

Last edited:

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014

I have a few dozen being mailed to me next week. Heard good things. Of course they won't be as good as the day they are made, but they'll only be a day old when they arrive so they'll still be tasty...i hope

Last edited:

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
I have a few dozen being mailed to me next week. Heard good things. Of course they won't be as good as the day they are made, but they'll only be a day old when they arrive so they'll still be tasty...i hope

I usually buy a bag at the grocery store and freeze them. They're not fresh if the day but they're still good even if they're 2-3 days old.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad