The ''What to do in Montreal'' Thread version 5.0

Tyler Durden

Sep 18, 2009
Hey gents

First time coming to Montreal in the first weekend in April. Staying at Quality Inn and Suites on 1600 Rue St-Hubert, Montréal. We are coming down for a bachelor party and wanted to know what we can do for fun in this area.

Thanks

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
Hey gents

First time coming to Montreal in the first weekend in April. Staying at Quality Inn and Suites on 1600 Rue St-Hubert, Montréal. We are coming down for a bachelor party and wanted to know what we can do for fun in this area.

Thanks

I suggest you walk a couple of blocks to St-Denis st., a very popular street filled with restaurants and bars. If you're a large group, I suggest going for drinks on the terrace of St-Sulpice (assuming the weather is nice).

For one of the most beautiful terraces in Montreal, I suggest you also go to Le Sainte-Elizabeth during the evening/night. Google the place to see what I mean.

Oh and if you're hungry before a night out, just go to Cinko on St-Denis st., a popular restaurant where everything on the menu is $5, and yeah, the food is actually pretty damn good.

Tyler Durden

Sep 18, 2009
What about on Chambord St? Near Le Chambord hotel, anything fun to do for guys on a bachelor party?

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Hoping for some ideas of what to do in Quebec City

Visitng with my girlfriend in mid March for a few days mid week. No idea what to do really just wanted to go cause we live close to the border in Vermont and had never been.

I'm 24, shes 20. She is gonna wanna go to the bars and stuff cause the drinking age is 21 in the states. Any ideas for where to go for bars?

Also we try to play mini golf everywhere so are there good indoor places for that there?

Appreciate any help

Also: I dont speak French and if she knows any its not much so hopefully places that will be well suited for that haha

Also also: Staying in Old Quebec

Last edited:

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
Bonjour

I'm thinking about visiting Montreal so obviously I should check this thread out. I just want to mention in the first paragraph in the OP, the Grand Prix du Montreal should be added. I think I may impulsively decide to go.

Edit - It's later mentioned in the OP. Forget it, but I think I'm going. :)

For those of you who have visited NY, did you take the train or did you fly? Which would you recommend?

Last edited:

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Bonjour

I'm thinking about visiting Montreal so obviously I should check this thread out. I just want to mention in the first paragraph in the OP, the Grand Prix du Montreal should be added. I think I may impulsively decide to go.

For those of you who have visited NY, did you take the train or did you fly? Which would you recommend?

I've driven and flown. The drive isn't so bad if you have a place to put your car. Flying was silly but I remember the price being pretty cheap for the flight.

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
Bonjour

I took the Amtrack train to NYC a couple of years ago. It's a long ride, at least 10 hours. After a while, I just had drinks and looked out the windows and the ride seemed to go a lot faster :laugh:

I was pretty drunk by the time I got to Penn Station

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
I'm probably going to fly. Looking quickly online, round-trip is $138 by train and $190 to fly. I'd happy pay $52 more for like 19 more hours of my time in Montreal.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
I want to thank you guys...had a really fun time in Montreal. The arena had a playoff atmosphere for a Tuesday night game and the in-game ops were fantastic!

As a side note, we went to Cabaret D'or the next night and saw Jonathan Painchaud in concert and he was great. Wish we spoke some French so we could understand his stories but very good music!

Won't be our last trip to Montreal for a game!

Dog

Any decent and reasonably priced places to stay near McGill campus? Going to McGill towards the middle of May, might look into AirBnB if anybody has any recommendations

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
The OP has a lot of information and is very helpful.

But what are the three things I MUST do in Montreal this weekend?

Huzer

Jan 12, 2007
Hey all. My son will be doing the hockey camp in Brossard this coming July. I haven't been to the area in about 17 years, so I'm a little rusty. Is it best to find a hotel in Brossard or are there other locations we should check out? I'll be driving there, so we'll have a car.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Heading to Montreal this weekend to catch the Dallas game Tuesday. Where does the visiting team usually practice? Is it at the bell centre

They practice at the Bell Centre, yes.

Hey all. My son will be doing the hockey camp in Brossard this coming July. I haven't been to the area in about 17 years, so I'm a little rusty. Is it best to find a hotel in Brossard or are there other locations we should check out? I'll be driving there, so we'll have a car.

Depends what you want to do. You could probably find a cheaper room in Brossard, but if you plan on spending a lot of time downtown, it might be easier to get a place there and then just drive him to and from the camp. That way you won't have to deal with parking in town, and you could just leave the car at the hotel.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
My Fiance (for 26 years now and counting) and I are heading to Quebec City on Saturday for a week. We went to Montreal a couple of years ago and it was one of our favorite cities that we have ever visited. We will be returning some day.

We like to see the history of places we visit and part of our trips always is the dining. We are not renting a car, but can take Uber if some driving distance is needed. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Maliki2

Mar 31, 2005
Saint Albans, VT
Any good places to eat near Metropolis...yes the wife is dragging me to a concert when I should be watching the game!

Looking for something inexpensive to medium range.

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
Hello everyone, I wasn't sure where to put this so this thread seemed the most appropriate.

My band is touring with Catfish and the Bottlemen and we play at Théâtre Corona on May 3rd. I know this may be a lot to ask, but I'm wondering if anyone is able/willing to host us in exchange for tickets to the show + merchandise or anything else we can spare. Life on the road can be expensive and we try not to get hotels as often as we can. Please PM me if you are interested or if you have any questions.

Merci beaucoup!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->