TV: The Walking Dead | S7 | PART III | (NO COMIC DISCUSSION/SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Night King

Mar 25, 2014
California
Ok I'm pretty pissed. That was ******ed. No way that would of happened. That tiger could of just smacked one of them away and when he called for her either jumped or ran and been fine....ridiculous. So ridiculous.

I hate that type of dumb bull****. So garbage.
Yeah, that was dumb. Huge tigers like that are very very powerful. But then again, according to TWD, a zombie can open up your torso with ease using their bare hands.

Anyway, I'm not as critical or negative about the show as others here but I do find myself as disinterested as I've ever been. I just don't know what to look forward to in terms of the story.

Last edited:

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
JUst no way a Tiger like that gets taken down by that amount of walkers. You'd need maybe hundreds and even then she can just run....she'd drag them and they'd rip apart they are so decomposed.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
The Shiva scene was sad but how can I legitimately feel bad about a CGI Tiger that didn’t even act like a real one?

That scene does get added to my list of “bad things happening because they can” list however.

I think the Ezekiel character makes the show stupid. Kinda of like that woman who couldn't speak in full sentences.

He’s the best character. I don’t even see what’s unrealistic about him either.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Really good storytelling that episode. The "fairytale" of The Kingdom and King Ezekial came crashing down. Army essentially wiped out, no more Shiva, and it'll be interesting to see how that affects Ezekial and the remaining community.

I think the "I decided, but sometimes life decides things for you" comment by Carol to Ezekial is going to be the thing to remember going forward for Ezekial, and how he handles things.

Only issue with the car chase was the pacing. It seemed kinda slow.

Overall, a good episode. Good storytelling, some action, and a major death.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Carol not being able to hit those last 2 shooters when they had their backs turned, yet moments later was able to take out half a dozen zombies in a second when it came time to save Ezekiel

Carol not shooting out the tires

Shiva taking out one zombie at the back before becoming utterly useless and laying down to die

What does it say about this show that the most emotionally significant death to date was that of a CGI tiger? (I assume the cat was killed off to save on production costs)

Rick and Darryl not shooting out the tires

Rick's windshield remaining completely intact despite the fact he was driving directly into a firing machine gun

The King's bodyguard breaking his axe on the gate rather than just hoisting him over

Last edited:
Reactions: Blender

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Carol not being able to hit those last 2 shooters when they had their backs turned, yet moments later was able to take out half a dozen zombies in a second when it came time to save Ezekiel

Shiva taking out one zombie at the back before becoming utterly useless and laying down to die

What does it say about this show that the most emotionally significant death to date was that of a CGI tiger? (I assume the cat was killed off to save on production costs)

Rick's windshield remaining completely intact despite the fact he was driving directly behind a firing machine gun

The King's bodyguard breaking his axe on the gate rather than just hosting him over

It's actually what happened in the comics, but the show was already underway so Kirkman might have done it with that in mind back then.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Well, I have been watching this show since the first Sunday when the pilot episode aired, and this was my last episode. It's pretty sad how bad this show has gotten, but season 7 and season 8 have been awful.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009

Rick's windshield remaining completely intact despite the fact he was driving directly into a firing machine gun

The King's bodyguard breaking his axe on the gate rather than just hosting him over
It's become comical at this point that every character is an expert marksman when needed for the plot, and a terrible shot when needed for the plot. Character also have unlimited ammo when it's time for a shootout scene, but run low/out the minute they need some tension. People used to mock the Herschel unlimited ammo shotgun from season 2, but now that is every character.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I have two episodes sitting on my PVR and have no will to watch them. I may be done, I don’t know. The writing is just bad and the plot armour is annoying.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Idk, at least there's action in the last 3 episodes. Season 8 is better than 6 and 7. Thats not saying much but still.

I get that the Tiger CGI was probably costing them too much, but that death was super dumb

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
meh. I got caught up. You're telling me the tiger couldn't get away from 5 slow walkers?

So done.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Idk, at least there's action in the last 3 episodes. Season 8 is better than 6 and 7. Thats not saying much but still.

I get that the Tiger CGI was probably costing them too much, but that death was super dumb
Season 8 is in no way better than 6. Not even close.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006

Terribly done action. Feels like a B-series tbh.

Reactions: Blender

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
The tiger death was amazingly stupid. He just gave up and let them eat him.
I thought the tiger was sacrificing itself to save the king. (Even a tiger knows how important he was/is ... this was the theme of the episode, no?)

Must be I was the only one thinking that.

TJ21

SURVIVED JIMBOCALYPSE - 12/5/2021
Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
Carol managing to somehow get into the ROOF with nobody hearing or seeing her, and blindly shooting them all through the ceiling with impeccable aim, shooting walkers around Ezekial, yet not being able to hit a single person outside.

50 cal bullets doing absolutely nothing to a Jeep and somehow not hitting a target thats right there in front of him.

Rick nonchalantly staring at a dude before calmly getting into the passenger seat from a moving vehicle.

A fully grown tiger not being able to run away from some walkers, yet a full on squad couldn't take out Glenn.

The entire car chase scene, which I legitimately had to fast forward through because it was so ridiculously cringe worthy.

I understand people like action and that's cool, but the show isn't even trying anymore. Its not even action at this point. These type of scenes are meant to be exciting, and at least fun to watch, and somehow they've managed to turn action scenes into boring, predictable side shows. People waving guns around and bullets hitting nothing except for when it's convenient is just lazy.

There were so many unrealistic, ridiculous moments in this episode. Watching the first season, and coming back to watch the most recent is a pretty big eye opener into how far its fallen, and that's incredibly disappointing.

Reactions: Seb and Blender

IBleedOil247

Aug 12, 2005
Edmonton
Ahhhh....reading the comments makes me happy I quit the show last year. I just wanted to check in to see if I am missing anything. NOPE.

Do yourselves a favor and abandon ship. I didn't think I could, but man it feels great now

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Well, I have been watching this show since the first Sunday when the pilot episode aired, and this was my last episode. It's pretty sad how bad this show has gotten, but season 7 and season 8 have been awful.
Looking forward to seeing your post next week about how bad the episode was.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I thought the tiger was sacrificing itself to save the king. (Even a tiger knows how important he was/is ... this was the theme of the episode, no?)

Must be I was the only one thinking that.

Yeah, it's quite clear the tiger was purposely sacrificing itself so his owner/tamer could get away. It's not that the horde/group overpowered the tiger, they quiet clearly showed that when they had Shiva swat a couple of the ones in front of her away, but still stay where she was.

But that doesn't support the narrative this thread constantly needs to have :laugh:

My general interest in the show has gone downhill, mainly because of how busy I am with work and such (in fact, this week was the first time I watched the episode on the Sunday it aired), however I don't see why the same users come back to this thread week after week bitching about it. The show is what it is, if you want to keep watching, awesome, maybe focus on the positives and try and enjoy life? And if the show is so unbearable where you don't want to watch, all the power to you.

I was watching it Sunday night, and was like "this is a good episode, an awesome storyline, and you can clearly see the purpose of everything in this episode"

Was it great? No.

Was it "pathetic" like some are claiming, not even close.

I guess that's the beauty of the arts though, everything is subjective.

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
That was the best episode of the season so far, which isn't very high praise, because that's a low bar to clear. The action in this show is very poorly done, but at least the story-telling was slightly better in that episode. I wish AMC wasn't so cheap with regards to budget, giving shorter seasons with higher per-episode budgets, and I wish the writers were competent. The show is very lost though overall; kind of wish it would just end already. If it had been done by a better network, everything worthwhile would have been covered in like 6 seasons.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Another issue I had with the Shiva scene was this:

Ezekiel was telling Carol and his bodyguard to leave him cause he couldn't make it up the riverbank

It then took about 3 seconds for all of them to reach safety

I'm all for a character sacrificing himself in the face of impending doom, but this guy's ready to lay down and die at the sight of a 6 foot high chain link fence or sloping riverbank

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->