TV: The Walking Dead | S7 | PART III | (NO COMIC DISCUSSION/SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by berglund, Apr 2, 2017.

1. ohcomeonref

ohcomeonref Registered User

This show has turned to ****. Awful in almost every way.

2. The Night King

The Night King "Delicate Genius"

Yeah, that was dumb. Huge tigers like that are very very powerful. But then again, according to TWD, a zombie can open up your torso with ease using their bare hands.

Anyway, I'm not as critical or negative about the show as others here but I do find myself as disinterested as I've ever been. I just don't know what to look forward to in terms of the story.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
  3. JJ68

JJ68 Registered User

JUst no way a Tiger like that gets taken down by that amount of walkers. You'd need maybe hundreds and even then she can just run....she'd drag them and they'd rip apart they are so decomposed.

4. Nullus Reverentia

Nullus Reverentia Hic Sunt Dracones

Interstellar Viceroy
    The Shiva scene was sad but how can I legitimately feel bad about a CGI Tiger that didn’t even act like a real one?

That scene does get added to my list of “bad things happening because they can” list however.

He’s the best character. I don’t even see what’s unrealistic about him either.

5. Cor

Cor OT Thread Leader

Marketer
    Really good storytelling that episode. The "fairytale" of The Kingdom and King Ezekial came crashing down. Army essentially wiped out, no more Shiva, and it'll be interesting to see how that affects Ezekial and the remaining community.

I think the "I decided, but sometimes life decides things for you" comment by Carol to Ezekial is going to be the thing to remember going forward for Ezekial, and how he handles things.

Only issue with the car chase was the pacing. It seemed kinda slow.

Overall, a good episode. Good storytelling, some action, and a major death.

6. Neutrinos

Neutrinos Registered User

Carol not being able to hit those last 2 shooters when they had their backs turned, yet moments later was able to take out half a dozen zombies in a second when it came time to save Ezekiel

Carol not shooting out the tires

Shiva taking out one zombie at the back before becoming utterly useless and laying down to die

What does it say about this show that the most emotionally significant death to date was that of a CGI tiger? (I assume the cat was killed off to save on production costs)

Rick and Darryl not shooting out the tires

Rick's windshield remaining completely intact despite the fact he was driving directly into a firing machine gun

The King's bodyguard breaking his axe on the gate rather than just hoisting him over

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
    Blender likes this.
  7. Seb

Seb Michel Therrien

It's actually what happened in the comics, but the show was already underway so Kirkman might have done it with that in mind back then.

8. Blender

Blender Registered User

Well, I have been watching this show since the first Sunday when the pilot episode aired, and this was my last episode. It's pretty sad how bad this show has gotten, but season 7 and season 8 have been awful.

9. Patty Ice

Patty Ice Best in the World

This show has gotten SyFy level bad. I'll still watch it but, at this point, it's just watching a dumpster fire.

10. Blender

Blender Registered User

It's become comical at this point that every character is an expert marksman when needed for the plot, and a terrible shot when needed for the plot. Character also have unlimited ammo when it's time for a shootout scene, but run low/out the minute they need some tension. People used to mock the Herschel unlimited ammo shotgun from season 2, but now that is every character.

11. M.C.G. 31

M.C.G. 31 Day One

I have two episodes sitting on my PVR and have no will to watch them. I may be done, I don’t know. The writing is just bad and the plot armour is annoying.

12. The Gongshow

The Gongshow The Farm Is For Sale

Idk, at least there's action in the last 3 episodes. Season 8 is better than 6 and 7. Thats not saying much but still.

I get that the Tiger CGI was probably costing them too much, but that death was super dumb

13. TP

TP Global Moderator

Awards:
    meh. I got caught up. You're telling me the tiger couldn't get away from 5 slow walkers?

So done.

14. Blender

Blender Registered User

Season 8 is in no way better than 6. Not even close.

15. Seb

Seb Michel Therrien

Terribly done action. Feels like a B-series tbh.

Blender likes this.
  16. ThePhoenixx

ThePhoenixx Registered User

The tiger death was amazingly stupid. He just gave up and let them eat him.

The Night King and Blender like this.
  17. jw2

jw2 Registered User

I thought the tiger was sacrificing itself to save the king. (Even a tiger knows how important he was/is ... this was the theme of the episode, no?)

Must be I was the only one thinking that.

18. Bubba Thudd

Bubba Thudd #WorkWithUs

Cantankerous Curmudgeon
    Didn't Shiva roll under the dumpster?

Bobby Orrtuzzo likes this.
  19. TJ21

TJ21 Survive Jimbocalypse

Carol managing to somehow get into the ROOF with nobody hearing or seeing her, and blindly shooting them all through the ceiling with impeccable aim, shooting walkers around Ezekial, yet not being able to hit a single person outside.

50 cal bullets doing absolutely nothing to a Jeep and somehow not hitting a target thats right there in front of him.

Rick nonchalantly staring at a dude before calmly getting into the passenger seat from a moving vehicle.

A fully grown tiger not being able to run away from some walkers, yet a full on squad couldn't take out Glenn.

The entire car chase scene, which I legitimately had to fast forward through because it was so ridiculously cringe worthy.

I understand people like action and that's cool, but the show isn't even trying anymore. Its not even action at this point. These type of scenes are meant to be exciting, and at least fun to watch, and somehow they've managed to turn action scenes into boring, predictable side shows. People waving guns around and bullets hitting nothing except for when it's convenient is just lazy.

There were so many unrealistic, ridiculous moments in this episode. Watching the first season, and coming back to watch the most recent is a pretty big eye opener into how far its fallen, and that's incredibly disappointing.

Seb and Blender like this.
  20. IBleedOil247

IBleedOil247 Registered User

Ahhhh....reading the comments makes me happy I quit the show last year. I just wanted to check in to see if I am missing anything. NOPE.

Do yourselves a favor and abandon ship. I didn't think I could, but man it feels great now

21. Rob Brown

Rob Brown Way She Goes

Looking forward to seeing your post next week about how bad the episode was.

22. Blender

Blender Registered User

Unlikely since this is the first time I have ever quit the show, and was mostly positive before last season.

23. Cor

Cor OT Thread Leader

Marketer
    Yeah, it's quite clear the tiger was purposely sacrificing itself so his owner/tamer could get away. It's not that the horde/group overpowered the tiger, they quiet clearly showed that when they had Shiva swat a couple of the ones in front of her away, but still stay where she was.

But that doesn't support the narrative this thread constantly needs to have :laugh:

My general interest in the show has gone downhill, mainly because of how busy I am with work and such (in fact, this week was the first time I watched the episode on the Sunday it aired), however I don't see why the same users come back to this thread week after week *****ing about it. The show is what it is, if you want to keep watching, awesome, maybe focus on the positives and try and enjoy life? And if the show is so unbearable where you don't want to watch, all the power to you.

I was watching it Sunday night, and was like "this is a good episode, an awesome storyline, and you can clearly see the purpose of everything in this episode"

Was it great? No.

Was it "pathetic" like some are claiming, not even close.

I guess that's the beauty of the arts though, everything is subjective.

24. Matt19Oilers

Matt19Oilers Registered User

That was the best episode of the season so far, which isn't very high praise, because that's a low bar to clear. The action in this show is very poorly done, but at least the story-telling was slightly better in that episode. I wish AMC wasn't so cheap with regards to budget, giving shorter seasons with higher per-episode budgets, and I wish the writers were competent. The show is very lost though overall; kind of wish it would just end already. If it had been done by a better network, everything worthwhile would have been covered in like 6 seasons.

25. Neutrinos

Neutrinos Registered User

Another issue I had with the Shiva scene was this:

Ezekiel was telling Carol and his bodyguard to leave him cause he couldn't make it up the riverbank

It then took about 3 seconds for all of them to reach safety

I'm all for a character sacrificing himself in the face of impending doom, but this guy's ready to lay down and die at the sight of a 6 foot high chain link fence or sloping riverbank

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
    Matt19Oilers and Blender like this.