TV: The Walking Dead | S7 | PART III | (NO COMIC DISCUSSION/SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013
Of course Ezekiel jinxes it.

That was a pretty good episode imo. Definitely an improvement over the first two episodes.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Welp see ya Morales. I am glad we are going to see many episodes of Rick/Darryl and Morgan/Jesus fight each other about their moral compass. The show never had too many of these already /s

Reactions: Nizdizzle

heynowbababooey

Sep 29, 2017
Just watched the episode again with my wife. It's pretty clear the rest of this season is going to suck and this show has no signs of ever making a comeback and being good TV ever again.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I can't believe how bad this show is now. Season 8 is so far moving at a quicker pace than season 7, but the writing sure hasn't improved. I think I'm done with this show.

Bringing back Morales just to have him monologue for 5 minutes and to die right away is the most shameless fan service I have seen from this show. What a ridiculous addition to the show that was completely unnecessary. Does anyone actually care that Eric died? I read a headline today that said a "beloved character" died, and actually laughed at how ridiculous that is. As has been mentioned in this thread already, the show runners seem to think every single one of their characters is loved and very important, so they just can't die anymore, they need a long and tedious send off. Eric, a character with maybe 15 minutes of total screen time ever, gets quite the number of minutes for his death here, as if he matters at all. We could have had the same impact on Aaron without all the wasted time on a dying Eric.

Why is no one looting? We've seen a little bit of it, but not nearly enough. It's bad enough that everyone has unlimited ammo and can fire fully automatic weapons for minutes without every running out of bullets, but I'd like to see the characters picking up guns and ammo from dead people and from these bases a lot more than we have seen. We spent a lot of time last season with Alexandria scrounging for supplies, but they seem flush now.

Both of the ambushes set up by the Kingdom in this episode were laughable. They set up a crossfire in a way that they would end up shooting each other as well as the bad guy. They are lined up across from each other and firing into the crowd, yet no one from the Kingdom is hit by friendly fire. Them getting shot up by the Saviors was the most obvious outcome as well after how the episode was progressing.

This show really lacks the suspense it used to have.

Reactions: Seb and Stylizer1

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
The zombies rolling down the hill was possibly the worst edited scene I have ever had the misfortune to sit through

It was just insulting to those of us who are senselessly still tuning into this show after 8 seasons

Last edited:

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I can't believe how bad this show is now. Season 8 is so far moving at a quicker pace than season 7, but the writing sure hasn't improved. I think I'm done with this show.

Bringing back Morales just to have him monologue for 5 minutes and to die right away is the most shameless fan service I have seen from this show. What a ridiculous addition to the show that was completely unnecessary. Does anyone actually care that Eric died? I read a headline today that said a "beloved character" died, and actually laughed at how ridiculous that is. As has been mentioned in this thread already, the show runners seem to think every single one of their characters is loved and very important, so they just can't die anymore, they need a long and tedious send off. Eric, a character with maybe 15 minutes of total screen time ever, gets quite the number of minutes for his death here, as if he matters at all. We could have had the same impact on Aaron without all the wasted time on a dying Eric.

Why is no one looting? We've seen a little bit of it, but not nearly enough. It's bad enough that everyone has unlimited ammo and can fire fully automatic weapons for minutes without every running out of bullets, but I'd like to see the characters picking up guns and ammo from dead people and from these bases a lot more than we have seen. We spent a lot of time last season with Alexandria scrounging for supplies, but they seem flush now.

Both of the ambushes set up by the Kingdom in this episode were laughable. They set up a crossfire in a way that they would end up shooting each other as well as the bad guy. They are lined up across from each other and firing into the crowd, yet no one from the Kingdom is hit by friendly fire. Them getting shot up by the Saviors was the most obvious outcome as well after how the episode was progressing.

This show really lacks the suspense it used to have.

The Morales bit was fine and seemed plausible enough.

It's just how they continue to foreshadow stuff so easily... they made it obvious Aaron's BF was about to die... and then at the end with Ezekiel... "not one man died! Woot!" "Oh shit! We dying now"

You can't be serious with this writing. I'll call everything out to my wife way before it happens because it has become so obvious.

The cookie cutter writing is frustrating and the lines are cheesy and tell you what's about to happen almost every time.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Think after reading the comments about the last episode I'll just end it cold turkey. Everything in the show is so predictable now, the plot drags along at a snails pace, and everyone makes decisions that are laughable.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
At least theres been some okay action to the first three episodes. Just wait till they do a whole episode of Negan and the priest in that trailer....

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I haven’t watched the latest episode but I’m not even sure I want to. It’s amazing what they’ve done to this show since season 5.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
We're all just waiting to see how it ends at this point

Hope your ready to wait a while...

An end date, however, does not seem to be in the cards. The Walking Dead creator Robert Kirkman has said, at various times, that the series could run on AMC from anywhere between 12 and 20 seasons. Now, AMC is suggesting that the series could run for decades, according to a conference call between CEO Josh Sapan and Wall Street analysts today.

http://uproxx.com/tv/amc-walking-dead-decades/

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
This season is 100x better than last season, and has had some good action every episode.

People complaining will always complain.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
This season is 100x better than last season, and has had some good action every episode.

People complaining will always complain.
I was a long term supporter of this show and generally positive 99% of the time until last season. The quality of this show since the introduction of Negan (not that it's just this characters fault) has declined dramatically. There was definitely some earlier parts that were getting bad, like the dumpster, but it was consistently terrible until last season.

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
I was a long term supporter of this show and generally positive 99% of the time until last season. The quality of this show since the introduction of Negan (not that it's just this characters fault) has declined dramatically. There was definitely some earlier parts that were getting bad, like the dumpster, but it was consistently terrible until last season.
The season and a half of the Gov were just as bad as last season.

People complain about predictability, but other than half of season 2, and 2 episodes in season 3, it's been pretty predictable.

People just set unrealistic expectations for the show. it's a zombie show based off a comic book!

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

People complain about predictability, but other than half of season 2, and 2 episodes in season 3, it's been pretty predictable.

People just set unrealistic expectations for the show. it's a zombie show based off a comic book!

They don't have to follow the comic book directly... they don't have to have Negan standing helplessly in front of a slew of people with automatic weapons that want him dead... they don't have to telegraph deaths... they don't need cheesy lines exclaiming that everyone is safe, only to have people gunned down the next minute...

All that is easily rectified by giving your audience credit for having some intelligence and using common sense when writing the script.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009

No, the season and a half of the Governor was much better than this. The show has suffered from pacing issues in numerous cases, but the writing overall has never been this bad.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I think the Morales thing was dumb, but overall, I have really liked this season.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
I think the Morales thing was dumb, but overall, I have really liked this season.
Agreed.

The Morales thing I honestly think was used to create some tension between Rick and Daryl. You saw the look Rick gave Daryl when he killed Morales, and pretty sure he said something the lines of "you didn't have to do that" (I haven't rewatched). At the end of the episode Daryl shoots the lone Saviour after he gives up some information, and again Rick glares at Daryl.

Many of the characters are taking sides in the "who are we?" debate. Tara, Daryl, Morgan etc. all want to kill anyone that opposes them no questions saked, while Rick, Maggie, Jesus etc. seem to want to keep some sort of decency and honour within them even though it's clearly gone. Rick wanted to talk Morales down and try to get him to see reason and potentially flip to their side, just like Jesus wanted to take the Saviours prisoner so they can find a way to "live with them" once the war is done.

My thought during the episode was that the two kills by Daryl (Morales and other) were included as the first sign of a wedge between Daryl and Rick. Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad